• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ME3, NG3:RE, Batman, EM2, WO3, BLOPS2, Darksiders 2 have technical issues on Wii U

DonMigs85

Need for Speed: Most Wanted:
Lighting and textures plus object based motion blur put it ahead of the Xbox 1 version.
Playing the game in 480p gives you a near 60fps framerate with tearing.

PS3 Fight Night 3 ran in 30fps just like the Xbox 360 version. EA cut back on the per pixel motion blur for higher resolution textures.

My bad, it was FN4 that was 60FPS on both.
Also, on GameCube, PS2 and Xbox 1 I think only the Xbox version of Most Wanted had rain.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
StevieP said:
Somebody already did, and I corrected them.
Thread moves too fast for me to keep up - but I was just being facetious either way.

Given that all this is from a hands-on impression, it seems rather premature to jump into conclusions on what went wrong/right with the port. Of course, we've seen plenty of up-ports over the past 12 years where the faster platform didn't outperform its predecessor - at the most this suggests that the delta isn't very dramatic (in either direction).

Need for Speed: Most Wanted:
Lighting and textures plus object based motion blur put it ahead of the Xbox 1 version.
Playing the game in 480p gives you a near 60fps framerate with tearing.

PS3 Fight Night 3 ran in 30fps just like the Xbox 360 version. EA cut back on the per pixel motion blur for higher resolution textures.

What a tremendous achievement *rolleyes*

Honestly, is anyone really surprised by this? It's EA, be happy if the game has a working online pass, or works at all.

Of course it's the WiiU, it's worse than a 360, EA launch games prove that. I mean it's not like EA is one of the worst publishers on this planet, with a history of cheap launch ports, horrible management of franchises and a tendency to nickel and dime customers.

No, it has to be the hardware.

ME3 is a trainwreck as it is, in light of ME trilogy and the obvious rushed port I don't see how anyone informed enough to read about games would fall for this.
EA is a shit stain and deserves no support.

Reiko

Banned
What a tremendous achievement *rolleyes*

Honestly, is anyone really surprised by this? It's EA, be happy if the game has a working online pass, or works at all.

Of course it's the WiiU, it's worse than a 360, EA launch games prove that. I mean it's not like EA is one of the worst publishers on this planet, with a history of cheap launch ports, horrible management of franchises and a tendency to nickel and dime customers.

No, it has to be the hardware.

ME3 is a trainwreck as it is, in light of ME trilogy and the obvious rushed port I don't see how anyone informed enough to read about games would fall for this.
EA is a shit stain and deserves no support.

I know you're trying to be snarky, but those games looked very impressive on the PS3 and Xbox 360 during time of release. And they certainly looked next gen due to the effects used that were not possible with Xbox, PS2, or GC's APIs.

Don't try to lump a typical EA rushjob with those games.

AniHawk

DICE is too busy making Battlefield 3.5 (note: yes, I will be all over that shit).

i am happy dice continues to exist, if only it means at some point i get mirror's edge 2. :\

I expect either it or BG&E to be some surprise Nintendo Direct announcement in the coming years if nothing really pans out.

Part of their "Resurrect your dead shit!" initiative.

if they had a deal for me2, it probably fell through when everything else from ea did. i can see them reaching out to ancel's team for bge2... although i think that would mean a platform shift given ancel's comments from about a year ago regarding the game. also, it doesn't seem like it's in a state of never-gonna-happen-ever like bayonetta 2 was. it's more like 'we'll get to it at some point' like half-life 3.

those three fucking games.

Was thinking about getting this but the cocky price point coupled with Trilogy announcement, and now sloppy coding, I'm gonna give this a Straight Right hook to the bargain bin.

EA will eventually hang themselves and have to barter favour, it's a matter of time.

Was thinking about getting this but the cocky price point coupled with Trilogy announcement, and now sloppy coding, I'm gonna give this a Straight Right hook to the bargain bin.

EA will eventually hang themselves and have to barter favour, it's a matter of time.
Hell I'd already decided there'd be no way I'd buy the game for WiiU.

This is just icing on the big fuck you cake.

I know you're trying to be snarky, but those games looked very impressive on the PS3 and Xbox 360 during time of release. And they certainly looked next gen due to the effects used that were not possible with Xbox, PS2, or GC's APIs.

Don't try to lump a typical EA rushjob with those games.

Snarky? I wish EA would get sued and closed for how this POS company treated me and my brother. I absolutely hate them.

BF2 MC also "looked" Next gen, but was nothing more than a cheap up port. Lazy, and about the bare minimum effort. It's classic EA.

Also, comparing a new game that launched on hardware that was immensely faster and more advanced than the predecessors, to a port that comes out on hardware that is basically a half step is questionable at best and heavily biased at worst.

Then you still have to factor in how this company operates. They put the lowest possible effort into everything they release, nickel and diming customers out the ass, and people gobble it up, buying into the narrative that the online pass is anything but a huge scam, that EA actually honors their commitment to deliver a complete product instead of calling customers who experience problems dirty pirates and thieves. (yeah, that's what I was called by EAs customer service for demanding them to deliver a working online pass)

Margalis

Banned
The trilogy announcement clearly indicates that they either expect the Wii U game to bomb or don't give a shit either way.

I'm sure the guys at Straight Right are pissed about it. There's no way to not take it as a giant "fuck you" on an almost personal level, especially if any part of their deal is contingent on number sold.

DonMigs85

Why? Is it Better?

? in what way? Runs great.

Sometimes you go so fast it triggers severe pop-in or you even end up driving in empty space. Also occasionally freezes up when trying to access Easydrive then the pause menu.
Not sure if the digital version is more stable, though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't know why anybody would expect a farmed out launch port of a game that already performed so-so on existing consoles, with an engine notorious for performing best on one particular current generation console, to suddenly look/perform better on an new console with new hardware, no matter how powerful it might be.

Bugs and problems and worse performance are disappointing to hear, but come on.

I never had any intention of getting this version of this game but EA sure is making it easy for me to continue to not own a single one of their products.

StevieP

Banned
Not sure if it's Criterion doing the port, can't say anything else, sorry :)

If it's a technical mess, it's probably being farmed out as is standard practice with EA and their ports that they don't give a shit about. lol

DonMigs85 said:
Ooh, is it 60FPS on Wii U?????

I could be wrong with my internet sarcasm detector, but I think his original post was along the lines of "you think this is bad? wait till you see the mess that is NFS lol"

madmackem

I hope at least FIFA 13 is decent.

Apart from missing that pos money scheme mode and the iffy at times first touch engine from the 360 ps3 version it looks like it is a decent fifa 12.5 version which to be honest appeals to me as 13 is the first fifa since it became good that i have sold within weeks.

QaaQer

Nintendo could show off the power of the system if the would just put some good looking 3-d games in their launch adverts.

If they don't have any really good looking 3-d games, is it any wonder people are thinking that the wii u is weaksauce.

miksar

Apart from missing that pos money scheme mode and the iffy at times first touch engine from the 360 ps3 version it looks like it is a decent fifa 12.5 version which to be honest appeals to me as 13 is the first fifa since it became good that i have sold within weeks.
It is pretty much the same to me, but I'm afraid they'll screw up something important.

Nibel

So it's not the same game?

ipabRIBuVfCtP.gif

Meta-GAF at its finest

Launch ports are given the green light with little regard to their actual merits. Publishers are just trying to cash in. How is this surprising?

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. I guess the PS3 must not be faster than the PS2 because the ZOE2 HD port has slowdown. Please...Crappy ports happen, especially at launches and especially when done by no name developers
Im pretty sure he does know what hes talking about over most people in here too busy getting angry and not reading.

Ein Bear

The article in the OP only mentions the 360 version... The Wii u port can't honestly run worse than the awful PS3 one can it? I mean there's lazy and then there's lazy.

To paraphrase a Mr. Jensen, nobody asked for this. Not Mass Effect fans, not prospective Wii U buyers, certainly nobody who's seen you completely sabotaged yourself by announcing a much, much, much better value package for other consoles.

And then you'll turn around in 2 months, shrug your shoulders and say. "Well guys, we tried. No room for third parties on Nintendo systems.", whilst Ubisoft is rolling in Rayman Legends/ZombiU cash. Call me when you have some marketing moxie and put all ME games on the WiiU with great touchpad functionality for $60 with all DLC. I'd buy that, not this.

To paraphrase a Mr. Jensen, nobody asked for this. Not Mass Effect fans, not prospective Wii U buyers, certainly nobody who's seen you completely sabotaged yourself by announcing a much, much, much better value package for other consoles.

And then you'll turn around in 2 months, shrug your shoulders and say. "Well guys, we tried. No room for third parties on Nintendo systems.", whilst Ubisoft is rolling in Rayman Legends/ZombiU cash. Call me when you have some marketing moxie and put all ME games on the WiiU with great touchpad functionality for $60 with all DLC. I'd buy that, not this.

Man, Bioware just can't seem to win... :p

But yeah, not sure why they're not just releasing that nice trilogy set on Wii U. Just putting out ME3 doesn't make any sense, especially an even shittier version.

RPGCrazied

Now, why would you buy this, when you can get the whole trilogy on a console you probably already own? For the price of this game no less.

Man, Bioware just can't seem to win... :p

But yeah, not sure why they're not just releasing that nice trilogy set on Wii U. Just putting out ME3 doesn't make any sense, especially an even shittier version.

It makes absolutely zero sense. But I mean, I would have bought trilogy on Wii U, definitely. I own it anyway, but having it in one place, with all the DLC and gamepad support? Would have definitely swayed me. This though, no way hose.

Now, why would you buy this, when you can get the whole trilogy on a console you probably already own? For the price of this game no less.

It's absolute sabotage. I feel pretty bad for the guys porting this tbh.

It makes absolutely zero sense. But I mean, I would have bought trilogy on Wii U, definitely. I own it anyway, but having it in one place, with all the DLC and gamepad support? Would have definitely swayed me. This though, no way hose.

Despite my feelings about ME3, I liked the trilogy quite a bit in general. I didn't buy them on PS3 because I didn't want to own just 2 and 3 as that completely defeats the purpose of having the collection, and then they turn around and release the first one on it in the trilogy pack-- but in the trilogy pack only. So those who bought 2 and 3 are going to have to buy that one if they wish to own all three games.

Then they make an inferior port on Wii U-- and judging by their milking tactics, that trilogy set may yet come out on Wii U. They'll release some bullshit press statement saying "oh sales for ME3 Wii U proved that the Wii U console is a good home for our Mass Effect titles, so here's the Mass Effect Trilogy!" effectively fucking over everyone who hopefully does not buy ME3 on Wii U.

So this port was handled by the same people rumored to be doing a Wii U port for Square Enix, which is hinted to be Tomb Raider. Are we going to need to avoid that for Wii U as well? Is this a case of the studio not being up to the challenge, or is it EA not providing enough money to make sure this was done right?

Jawmuncher

So this port was handled by the same people rumored to be doing a Wii U port for Square Enix, which is hinted to be Tomb Raider. Are we going to need to avoid that for Wii U as well? Is this a case of the studio not being up to the challenge, or is it EA not providing enough money to make sure this was done right?

Considering how many features Mass Effect 3 Wii U supports, this is looking more like a EA issue than the port studio.

Top Bottom