• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mean Girls (2024) Trailer

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks annoying. But for those of you who never watched the original movie, it's a great movie. That movie along with Legally Blonde are two great movies starring young chicks.

I googled this 2024 movie and ya it's a musical comedy. A lot of the main cast are singers.

K' Dash

Written by Tina Fey

Directed by a lady with a famous Tumblr blog

GIF by filmeditor

BlackTron

"This isn't your mom's Mean Girls" unfortunately.

I was willing to watch the trailer because Tina Fey was alright back then but...thanks for the reminder to watch the old movie again (some day) it was actually good.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
At a loss for words, how do you barely indicate that the movie you're remaking (your own movie) is actually a musical (based on the musical of your own movie) this time in its reveal trailer?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
1. Mean Girls didn’t need a remake, it was already fetch
2. This is a musical…?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Oy vey.

Mean girls is on another level good. I dunno why they at least didn't bring the previous girls for some nostalgic love.

I thought it looks like a musical because a lot of parts had when they start singing, and now I know.

Hey, I was ready to hate it off the title, but it looks as good as any other reboot. First movie was a good time, I enjoyed it with the wife all those years ago. The sequel/reboot looks just about the same to me. Looks fine.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nearly 90% of films made in the 90's & 00's don't need a remake and if they was a Remake of a older film made back then, it doesn't need another.
Either the original is better or the 90's/00's is the definitive version.
On top of that films from the late 90's/00 look fantastic and with the exception of flip phones.
Look more modern then newer stuff.

Laieon

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be the movie adaptation of the musical (based on the movie... based on the book).

Why we needed that, I can't tell ya'. I have a few friends who are very into theater (and musicals) and loved the musical, but I don't think we needed a movie adaptation of it.

Did they forget to add the Mean Girls?

I’d rather take Scream Queens as the spiritual successor. The Chanels were real mean girls.
images

Scream Queens was incredible.

No way they would have been able to afford Ariana Grande nowadays though.

Last edited:

Danknugz

i'll always remember the first mean girls because i watched it one of the first (and just about only) time I tried smoking Salvia, and i had just taken like 3 or 4 huge bing rips of this super strong like "40x" salvia or something and i was tripping so hard, all i rmemebr is how huge lindsay lohan tits looked

diffusionx

Gold Member
Wasn't there a musical on Broadway? Sounds like they just made a live action version of that, needless to say, pass. Old version still holds up even for zoomers and kiddos.

Top Bottom