• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter |OT| of Knock Knock, it's Tier 1

antitrop

I rant about how silly the term 'Tier 1' when thrown around as a marketing term like MoH does these days, and then bam, there it is in the OT. :(

GQman2121

Banned
It's hard for me to believe that anyone can be following this game close enough to compose an OP like that. The media section in particular is over the top.

I picked up the last game for $5 over the summer, but that was mainly to play Frontline. Everything they've shown thus far has been eye roll worthy. Hold ___ to do ___ and then kill everything in sight. Rise/repeat. They might get another $5 out of me next summer.......

Cudder

What the fuck is everyone's problem with the OP? I don't see anything that hasn't been in another games OT many times before..

I just want to know if the PC version has options I've come to expect with PC games. Advanced graphics options, FOV? Because the 2010 MOH had like zero options on PC.

Dead Man

Nice OP, but what is the global threat of petn? Liked the first one, wish the missions were less linear and scripted though, probably wait for a price drop on this one.

M.W.

Probably old, but looks like....

img0308qj.jpg

Lucifon

Out of wonder has anyone had any experience using a VPN to access a game early through Origin? Would be nice to play it on Tuesday with the US folk.

Found some campaign videos of the leaked (I guess) game...

Spoilers of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG8pRW8Tfao

Looks very scripted as expected, but intense and badass all the same. Unfortunately that style of linear scripted sequences doesn't make me want to replay a game. Why can't more FPS games get the actual gameplay right, like the original Modern Warfare or Call of Duty 2? Those games allowed you some freedom in the order you accomplished objectives, the AI was decent, and it was very skill-based.

Still looking forward to it, though, and the multiplayer should be good.

Spoilers of course.

Looks very scripted as expected, but intense and badass all the same. Unfortunately that style of linear scripted sequences doesn't make me want to replay a game. Why can't more FPS games get the actual gameplay right, like the original Modern Warfare or Call of Duty 2? Those games allowed you some freedom in the order you accomplished objectives, the AI was decent, and it was very skill-based.

looks great

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
When's the embargo up for this? Monday or Tuesday?

Was thinking of the Best Buy B2G1 and having this part of it with Forza and Dishonored.

Sethos

Banned

Spoilers of course.

That looked boring.

Spoilers of course.

That was painful to watch no wonder why developers see the need to dumb down the games.

zychi

Banned
I have one of those BF3 premium 50% off of MOHWF codes. First person to quote this gets it.(Assuming its not account locked)

fritolay

I didn't like the BF3 beta. I wonder if this game will be the same once it is out and you install HD textures, and explore the game more.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Spoilers of course.

Nice to see they switched over from trying to be vaguely grounded in presentation to just straight up diving off the deep end into Modern Warfare territory in terms of scenarios.

And goddamn at dat training exercise. Deja vu.

legacyzero

Banned

Spoilers of course.

That... Was actually pretty cool. Had some nice set piece moments if anything.

and yeah, that certainly is Frostbite 2 lol

Sojgat

Spoilers of course.

I thought they were going for more grounded 'realistic' action, based on real experiences. Most of that looked as implausible as anything in the MW3 campaign.

I was interested in this because of the tone of the first game's campaign, this just looks ridiculous, and doesn't really appeal to me at all.

demolitio

I thought they were going for more grounded 'realistic' action, based on real experiences. Most of that looked as implausible as anything in the MW3 campaign.

I was interested in this because of the tone of the first game's campaign, this just looks ridiculous, and doesn't really appeal to me at all.

Yea, that's a little odd. I'm not too shocked but I thought they had the best SP of any of the modern war FPS genre simply because it was more grounded. That was like BF3 which is like MW except looks better in terms of SP...lol

I'll hold on to some faith. It has to be worth $30.

Choc

Banned
i've preloaded it

did some digging in the files. spoilers about missions abound SO DONT LOOK AT IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW ;)

looks like 11 missions for campaign including 1 tutorial mission. Locations include Somalia, Yemen, Bosnia, a ship in the ocean. Can't tell from other files what the locations are for those missions

multiplayer info
8 maps.

Weird thing? readme for v1.0 is dated June 16th. :|

Seems to have a launch like BF3 did with the web interface as well for MP.

oh and windows 8 is not officially supported. Good job ea :|

What looked implausible to you?

Sojgat

What looked implausible to you?

Blowing up a shipping yard A-Team style and running through all the falling containers while it was happening, then shooting a helicopter down at seemingly point blank range, followed by skittling out of there in a boat just before the crane falls on them.
Basically everything that came after kneeling in the rain during the opening sequence. I don't know, maybe that is how things go down in the real world, it looked like a bad action movie though.

KissVibes

Banned
Nice to see they switched over from trying to be vaguely grounded in presentation to just straight up diving off the deep end into Modern Warfare territory in terms of scenarios.

And goddamn at dat training exercise. Deja vu.

The video has been removed so I haven't seen it but going off your comments that it's gone off the deep end, I now have zero interest in this game. The reason I really liked Medal of Honor is because despite all the weird scripting issues it presented those scenarios in a realistic manner without being a simulation.

During the section where you play as Adams and are pinned down at that small hut, it felt legitimately tens, more so than any moment in the Modern Warfare series. Running out of ammo, getting swarmed from all sides...man, that's what really made me start to see how special Medal of Honor is.

It really felt like they were making a legitimate tribute to what those men and women actually face everyday, instead of it just being marketing bullshit. To hear that they're chasing Modern Warfare 2 & 3 absurdity is upsetting.

The video has been removed so I haven't seen it but going off your comments that it's gone off the deep end, I now have zero interest in this game. The reason I really liked Medal of Honor is because despite all the weird scripting issues it presented those scenarios in a realistic manner without being a simulation.

During the section where you play as Adams and are pinned down at that small hut, it felt legitimately tens, more so than any moment in the Modern Warfare series. Running out of ammo, getting swarmed from all sides...man, that's what really made me start to see how special Medal of Honor is.

It really felt like they were making a legitimate tribute to what those men and women actually face everyday, instead of it just being marketing bullshit. To hear that they're chasing Modern Warfare 2 & 3 absurdity is upsetting.

So you're going to let the opinion of a few people on NeoGaf erase your interest in the game. Interesting.

MOH 2010 had some reality-bending moments too, I don't think this is much different.

Top Bottom