• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/29 - 2/4

Raw64life

Cheesemeister said:
What, commas between every field? Please specify the exact string formatting. Nobody spoke up when I was fielding feedback on it in the last thread.

01. (PS2, Sega) J-League Pro Soccer 5 - 107,073 / 107,073
02. (NDS, Marvelous Interactive) Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On - 79,408 / 79,408
03. (NDS, Square-Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 57,132 / 1,083,832

...and so on.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
castle007 said:
Awesome layout

great numbers this week.

Wii sports to pass 1 million next week.

I thought DQMJ was going to be sold out for the next month or so???
by sold out you mean short of supplies?

Raw64life said:
01. (PS2, Sega) J-League Pro Soccer 5 - 107,073 / 107,073
02. (NDS, Marvelous Interactive) Harvest Moon: The Island I Grew Up On - 79,408 / 79,408
03. (NDS, Square-Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 57,132 / 1,083,832

...and so on.

Oh, to mark the place values. Yeah, I can do that. Just a minute.

So hey guys. The new hardware numbers aren't out until tomorrow, but the latest in comparison technology arrives tonight. Over the past few years I've frequently referenced a set of PSP vs DS columns in my Media Create spreadsheet, and more recently PS3 vs Wii. Well, I've now got it set up so most of the same information can be viewed online.

PSP vs DS MC or Famitsu
PS3 vs Wii MC or Famitsu

I considered setting something like this up that would show similar data for any two given systems, but considering the type of relevant relations and calculations would differ so much from case to case, I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon. If you've got a suggestion for other information you'd like to see or how it could be presented in an easier to look at way, though, I'm up for suggestions.

castle007

Banned
VicAlpha said:
by sold out you mean short of supplies?

yeah, didn't someone mention in last week's thread that SE won't have any more shipments of the game until late February/early march??

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
DQMJ has really nice
Berta___Nice_legs_by_josemanchado.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
I don't want to sound like trolling nintendo but I wonder how good is it that the same 3 titles are the same that always are there. Aside from the social games: sports, play and wario, I don't think people are caring that much for any other nintendo offerings.

Off course, it is better than 0 games ( see, PS3? ) but still, Wii has a long way to go before it transofrms into the software phenomen that once was the PS2 and now DS is.

JoshuaJSlone said:
So hey guys. The new hardware numbers aren't out until tomorrow, but the latest in comparison technology arrives tonight. Over the past few years I've frequently referenced a set of PSP vs DS columns in my Media Create spreadsheet, and more recently PS3 vs Wii. Well, I've now got it set up so most of the same information can be viewed online.

PSP vs DS MC or Famitsu
PS3 vs Wii MC or Famitsu

I considered setting something like this up that would show similar data for any two given systems, but considering the type of relevant relations and calculations would differ so much from case to case, I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon. If you've got a suggestion for other information you'd like to see or how it could be presented in an easier to look at way, though, I'm up for suggestions.

This week(1/29~2/4)

PSP vs DS MC
(NDS+NDSL)-PSP>10000K

enishi

castle007 said:
yeah, didn't someone mention in last week's thread that SE won't have any more shipments of the game until late February/early march??

I did, from Sinobi page
http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/day-20070131.html

先週久々に追加出荷のあった「ドラクエモンスターズ」は
出荷された10万本をあっという間に消化し、
出荷本数に続き累計販売本数でも100万本を突破した。
次回出荷は2月中旬、3月上旬にも追加が予定されているので
今後は圏外→復活→圏外→復活といったサイクルが続きそうだ。

S-E might hide some copies last week :p or they might be able to refill the stock earlier (expected to ship in mid of Feb). The March shipment was supposed to be the one after.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
JoshuaJSlone said:

PSP vs DS MC or Famitsu
PS3 vs Wii MC or Famitsu

Ha, I notice that both the DS and the Wii are at their lowest market share % against their respective competitors at 63%. Coincidence?

Very nicely done Cheesemeister.

Nice to see Hotel Dusk stay in the top 10, hopefully it'll have good legs and word of mouth will help spur it on past 200k.

Fio Maravilha said:
Somebody have the list of upcoming Wii games in JP ?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html

2/8
Cooking Mama: Cook Off (Taito)

2/22
Fire Emblem: The Goddess of Dawn (Nintendo)
Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! EX (Takara-Tomy)

3/1
Densha de Go! Shinkansen EX: Sanyo Shinkansen Edition (Taito)

3/8
Eyeshield 21: The Strongest on the Field (Nintendo)
Bomberman Wii (Hudson)

3/15
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (THQ Japan)
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Sega)

3/21
Sudoku (Hudson)

3/22
Cars (THQ Japan)

3/29
Mezase!! Fishing Master (Hudson)

3/TBA
G1 Jockey Wii (Koei)

argon

Barf_the_Mog said:
Ha, I notice that both the DS and the Wii are at their lowest market share % against their respective competitors at 63%. Coincidence?

Where are you reading that? DS's current marketshare vs. the PSP is at 75.57%. Wii's current marketshare vs. the PS3 is at 69.89%

edit: Oh, I get what you are saying.. the wording was just a bit odd.. =)

Fio

Thanks Cheesemeister and Raw4life.

Fire Emblem, Naruto and maybe Sudoku has chance to become good sellers.

Cherubae

splattergnome said:
I am personally happy to see another third-party DS title doing well - but I am wondering what kind of WiFi implementation this incarnation of Harvestmoon DS...

It's a ranking system where your game is compaired to everyone else's game who also uploaded their data to the Wifi network. You can be judged weekly against your Farm Degree, shipping amounts, footsteps, and so on. MMV just set up the 1st sets of ranking earlier this week, and there are some they haven't finished yet, like the who caught the most amout of garbage ranking (I've only caught 39).

The system also has a voice chat, where you can exchange Friend Codes and connect up to 4 other people to do some talking via DS.

There isn't a trading system, text chat system, or the ability to have people visit your game. It's the ranking system and the voice chat and that's all.

Lindsay said:
They still have to bring over Harvest Moon DS For Girls first. :lol

I wouldn't expect a 100% guarantee on a translation of that version just due to the problems that it might cause with ultra-conservative parents. They're so far behind now that it would be better to jump right into the new Island DS game after Rune Factory is released.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So Wii Sport didn't pass the million mark yet! Then next week will be the week VF5 is released and the week Wii Sports becomes a million seller. It's just like when VF4 was released and SSBM became a million seller. :)

justchris

Fio Maravilha said:
Thanks Cheesemeister and Raw4life.

Fire Emblem, Naruto and maybe Sudoku has chance to become good sellers.

I don't know. Sudoku seems better as a portable game. I don't see it being that popular an activity to sit in front of your tv and do.

Fire Emblem and Naruto should do pretty good numbers though.

Jasoncheng said:
This week(1/29~2/4)

PSP vs DS MC
(NDS+NDSL)-PSP>10000K
Sure, but it's all automatically generated based on numbers in a database, so that'll be taken care of when the new numbers are input tomorrow.

methane47

Looks like PS3 and X360 are tied tight when it comes to software sales.. so far as long as the ps3 has been out it seems that every week that ps3 has a game in the top 30 the 360 also has one in the top thirty... and vice versa.
wierd

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
last year:

01 NDS English Training - 109,481 / 351,924
02 NDS DS Brain Training 2 - 86234 / 1,143,195
03 NDS Animal Crossing - 68599/ 1,792,728
04 PS2 Tourist Trophy - 59,654 / 59,654
05 PS2 Shin Onimusha ~DAWN of DREAMS~ - 49,472 / 275,806
06 NDS DS Brain Training - 47,701 / 1,488,761
07 PS2 Final Fantasy DC - 44,947 - 437,116
08 NDS Eyeshield 21 - 36,811 / 36,811
09 PS2 Nobnaga's Ambition - 36,675 / 36,675
10 NDS Mario Kart DS - 22,613 / 1,080,168

Think the DS and Wii are having shortage problems now? Take a gander at these beauties..

PSP: 25,905 (285,276)
DS: 25,321 (341,579)
PS2: 24,780 (195,456)
GBASP: 5649 (46,933)
GBM: 3199 (29,654)
Xbox 360: 2194 (21,370)
GC: 2138 (28,552)
GBA: 115 (1328)
Xbox: 101 (587)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85903

castle007

Banned
duderon said:
last year:

01 NDS English Training - 109,481 / 351,924
02 NDS DS Brain Training 2 - 86234 / 1,143,195
03 NDS Animal Crossing - 68599/ 1,792,728
04 PS2 Tourist Trophy - 59,654 / 59,654
05 PS2 Shin Onimusha ~DAWN of DREAMS~ - 49,472 / 275,806
06 NDS DS Brain Training - 47,701 / 1,488,761
07 PS2 Final Fantasy DC - 44,947 - 437,116
08 NDS Eyeshield 21 - 36,811 / 36,811
09 PS2 Nobnaga's Ambition - 36,675 / 36,675
10 NDS Mario Kart DS - 22,613 / 1,080,168

Think the DS and Wii are having shortage problems now? Take a gander at these beauties..

PSP: 25,905 (285,276)
DS: 25,321 (341,579)
PS2: 24,780 (195,456)
GBASP: 5649 (46,933)
GBM: 3199 (29,654)
Xbox 360: 2194 (21,370)
GC: 2138 (28,552)
GBA: 115 (1328)
Xbox: 101 (587)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85903

:lol

I am fully convinced that if I dig through threads from that time period, we'd find people claiming the PSP was making a comeback.

KINGMOKU

Question for CVX, or anyone else who knows;

The Wii is going to have its first million selling game next week, wich would be about, what? 41days from launch? How long did it take other systems to have thier first million selling game in Japan?

N64-?
GCN-?
PSX-?
PS2-?
SNES-?
NES-?

And, before to long, Wiiplay is going to be a million seller as well.

It just boggles my mind that it is going to have a million seller so quickly.

muramura said:
DQMJ has really nice
Berta___Nice_legs_by_josemanchado.jpg
panties?

Very nice layout. Nintendo wasn't kidding about being "disruptive". This may be the first time we see a home console mimic a handheld in terms of the way it achieved success.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
CoolTrick said:
I know some work went into the first post, which is nice, but anyone like it when its just simply numbers?

**** that shit, give me bells and whistles baby!

:lol

CoolTrick said:
I know some work went into the first post, which is nice, but anyone like it when its just simply numbers?

Yes, I like my numbers presented simply and cleanly. Pictures are cool and flashy and all but they get in the way.

Top Bottom