• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/27 - 11/02

Gaborn

AFreak said:
LBP is being bundled with the system and with Dualshock 3s(why can't that happen in the states?) So, it could have some legs, like Wii Play over there.

Speaking of which... Wii Play is OUT OF THE TOP 30! holy hell, that never happens!

jts

...hate me...
LOL, people are so fucking crazy. Wii Music will have the Wii-title kind of legs, don't say goodbye yet because you'll be seeing it in every Media Create thread week after week for months and months to come.

And if there aren't another 6 new titles next week, you'll also be seeing it soon again on the Top 10 :>

Nocebo

VeritasVierge said:
I don't care about Wii Music but I think you guys maybe calling for it's death a bit prematurely. Wait until it's out of the top 25 by next week at least.
It wouldn't surprise me if WiiMusic gets back into the top 10 next week or the week after.

rykomatsu

Firestorm said:
Good week for PS3 it looks like. Although LBP sales look a little weak. Didn't both Vesperia and IU do better than it? Was thinking that with an install base of 4x the 360 LBP would do better.

Tales of series...established IP
Infinite undiscovery...new IP but SE has more clout than Media Molecule in Japan I would think...

and the LBP commercials, while featuring some well known VAs (goku, doraemon, the short haired girl from Eva, kallen from code geass, and one more i forget who), basically flat out said they had no idea what the game was about in one of 5 i think...lol

the commercials were funny, but not exactly something I would base a purchase off of.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
mio said:
LOL, people are so fucking crazy. Wii Music will have the Wii-title kind of legs, don't say goodbye yet because you'll be seeing it in every Media Create thread week after week for months and months to come.

And if there aren't another 6 new titles next week, you'll also be seeing it soon again on the Top 10 :>

Decent point, although we should definitely be seeing higher returns so far on an an established "series," if we can call it that yet. It definitely doesn't look the same on the charts as any of the others. It doesn't have a peripheral and it launches a month earlier, so this may be a different test.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AniHawk said:
I don't think there's ever been a week since the Wii launched that a 360 game was in the top 10, but not a Wii game.

Hopefully this is a clear message to Nintendo that you can't just make any ol piece of shit and expect it to become a megahit. I think Wii Sports Resort will do well though.

Because Wii Sports was actually a decent game unlike Wii Music.

Jonnyram

Go GTA!
I think it's perfectly fair that GT5 sales shouldn't include the bundle version actually. LBP, on the other hand, is valid, as it's a deliberate bundle rather than a pack-in freebie. I'm not sure what Famitsu is smoking by counting GT5 sales - just more of their pro-Sony bias, presumably.

Brofist

mio said:

It's a fucking bomb let's be honest here. I'm sure it's tracking waaayyy lower than expectations.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
vanguardian1 said:
Apparently you missed *many* of the discussions portaining to Wii Sports on NeoGAF. :lol

Oh I imagine I did, but I dont see how sports games are suddenly non games

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Rhythm Tengoku is gonna continue to sell. It's selling so well Nintendo started a SECOND ad blitz.

It may not be the biggest selling game of the year, but I think RTG is probably the biggest game of the year for Japan.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
sp0rsk said:
Rhythm Tengoku is gonna continue to sell. It's selling so well Nintendo started a SECOND ad blitz.

It may not be the biggest selling game of the year, but I think RTG is probably the biggest game of the year for Japan.

My RTG chart has a subliminal message if you look closely.

:eek:

jts

...hate me...
kpop100 said:
It's a fucking bomb let's be honest here. I'm sure it's tracking waaayyy lower than expectations.
I don't know what the expectations were, but yes i think it'll probably do under the other Wii series titles.

However i don't expect it to do less than 1M.

But that doesn't have anything to do with crazy people waving it goodbye. It'll stay for long. And 1M is easily more than what some titles people are rejoycing over will be able to do.

sprsk

All LBP games come with a dual shock right? Or is that a special bundle? Is it the same price or what? I think I might buy it.

Jonnyram

sp0rsk said:
All LBP games come with a dual shock right? Or is that a special bundle? Is it the same price or what? I think I might buy it.
Special bundle and more expensive. You'd do best to avoid it entirely unless you only have one PS3 controller.

sprsk

Jonnyram said:
Special bundle and more expensive. You'd do best to avoid it entirely unless you only have one PS3 controller.

Yeah, that's actually why I was interested, I only have one and it's not even a dual shock :\

How much is it?

PedroRVD said:
bye bye wii music!!

yeaaaah!!!

Japan has recovered a bit of my respect
Rocksteady33 said:
See ya never Wii Music.
GSG Flash said:
Best news about this chart is that Wii Music dropped hardcore and is dropping quickly :D
You guys (and others) really hate Wii Music that much?

GaussTek said:
omg, i guess Wii Music is the first nintendo Failure in Japan (this gen at least)
Not taking into consideration things so minor they never even charted, I count nearly 50 Nintendo-published DS/Wii games that have sold less than Wii Music's current total. People may only have the million sellers in mind, but the median is about 200K.

It's wild, and unfortunate, that easily the best and most-fun title in the 'Wii ___' series has received such a lukewarm early reception.

Nintendo deserves a better showing for this one. Don't let this showing deter my proposed Wii Music: Handbell Expansion Pack, Nintendo.

Rocksteady33

PantherLotus said:
That could sell a shit load here in the States.

51wUxU64iML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ubisoft beat them to the punch. One of few games not compatible with the DSi.

Nocebo

Golden Darkness said:
After this years E3, you shouldn't have been surprised.

And this is GAF.
Watch those guys disappear from the next MC threads. Or better yet never return to this one.

LPB sold below my expectations (80 - 100k) and far below the 250k predictions some were throwing out two weeks ago.

PS3 hardware should see a boost from GTAIV.

Also, can someone give a comparison of how well other Valkyrie Profile games have sold in the past?

Yes Boss!

Rocksteady33 said:
Ubisoft beat them to the punch. One of few games not compatible with the DSi.

The nintendo game is oh so more elegant. Wireless pedometer and the first DS game to use Miis. I really do hope nintendo localizes it for North America.

And to the Wii Music haters (who clearly haven't bought or played the game) screw you. Game is great and there are plenty of folks having a ball with it. Even if it completely fizzles we've got the game and that is all that matters.

pa1444371.jpg

Burai

shitonmychest57
JoshuaJSlone said:
Not taking into consideration things so minor they never even charted, I count nearly 50 Nintendo-published DS/Wii games that have sold less than Wii Music's current total. People may only have the million sellers in mind, but the median is about 200K.

The one thing you're forgetting is that this is Nintendo's key holiday title. This is the one all of their hopes are pinned on. It's not some niche experiment like Chibi Robo. With the amount of advertising Nintendo are throwing at Wii Music, coupled with a lack of other first party software for the Wii this Christmas, these numbers have to be very, very worrying for Nintendo.

Even with legs, it's not going to do much at ~20,000 a week.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
Go GTA!
I think it's perfectly fair that GT5 sales shouldn't include the bundle version actually. LBP, on the other hand, is valid, as it's a deliberate bundle rather than a pack-in freebie. I'm not sure what Famitsu is smoking by counting GT5 sales - just more of their pro-Sony bias, presumably.

Is the GT5 bundle through the holidays only?

It might be Sony's only opportunity to sneak a million seller into its Japanese catalog before FFXIII. :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Burai said:
The one thing you're forgetting is that this is Nintendo's key holiday title. This is the one all of their hopes are pinned on. It's not some niche experiment like Chibi Robo. With the amount of advertising Nintendo are throwing at Wii Music, coupled with a lack of other first party software for the Wii this Christmas, these numbers have to be very, very worrying for Nintendo.

That's a pretty bold statement.

Burai said:
The one thing you're forgetting is that this is Nintendo's key holiday title. This is the one all of their hopes are pinned on.
Certainly it's not as big as they hoped, but I doubt all their hopes are pinned on it. They've got Animal Crossing coming up, and Wild World has still sold 2 million more than any Wii X game.

Firestorm

rykomatsu said:
Tales of series...established IP
Infinite undiscovery...new IP but SE has more clout than Media Molecule in Japan I would think...

and the LBP commercials, while featuring some well known VAs (goku, doraemon, the short haired girl from Eva, kallen from code geass, and one more i forget who), basically flat out said they had no idea what the game was about in one of 5 i think...lol

the commercials were funny, but not exactly something I would base a purchase off of.
I figured LBP would be branded as Sony and nobody would really know about Media Molecule.

Laguna

Banned
Burai said:

Let´s just wait and see. Even the milion breaking Rythm Tengeku Gold was considered a flop after its first week by some people.
And who knows in the end WiiMusic may even sell more than any PS3 game to date. Yes, disappointing but who knows maybe Nintendo won´t go bankrupt with this --huge-- flop ;)

I´m not saying that Nintendo didn´t expect more sales but some people are overdoing it by calling it a flop, knowing that there´ll be a December/NewYears boost. And to all the crying haters :lol

It's not like one lesser success of a Wii game will kill the potential of future entries unless they triple their effort. There are still ones from 2006 and 2007 that are almost always in the top 30. This one doesn't look to have connected, but as long as there's no direct relationship between titles (sequel to Wii Sports notwithstanding), I don't see Wii Music as hurting Wii Glassblowing or whatever.

CTLance

Oooooh. Nice numbers for GTA4. LBP sells decently too.
I'm fastening my seatbelts, this has all the makings of a great rollercoaster ride.

I'm not sure whether it deserves it, but I can't deny a certain feeling of unmerited satisfaction and fanboyish glee as Wii music falls out of the Top 10 - even though it may very well be back next week. It's a win-win for everyone. Nintendo won't suddenly stop selling or advertising it, and I'm sure they have a bunch of different "Wii____" titles already lined up, but they'll have to notice these sales numbers. It's not a flop (I think), but it certainly doesn't live up to its brethren. For now at least.

jeremy1456

Burai said:

It's painfully obvious that someone forgot about Animal Crossing.

Wii Music the key holiday game for Nintendo? I think you're the only person who has thought that. Even Nintendo themselves don't think that.

yurinka

There is a difference between WiiMusic and WiiFit/WiiPlay/WiiWhatever. WiiMusic isn't bundled with a controller.

Top Bottom