• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 10/27 - 11/02

Parl

kallisto76 said:
good sales for ps3, hope it continues to sell in the next week
I don't know much about what's coming out in Japan soon. What will sustain sales?

This week it got a the effect of GTA4, LBP (+ bundle) and the new model (?).

carnon

Banned
1 PS3 GTAIV 132,676
2 DS Valkyrie Profile 79,760
3 PS3 LBP(bundle included) 51,705
4 DS Pokemon Platinum 47,243
5 DS わがままファッション ガールズモード 40,380
6 DS Rhythm Paradise 38,558
7 PS3 GT5p Spec III (bundle included) 34,965
8 XB360 GTAIV 33,648

12 Wii WiiMusic ????

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Parl said:
I don't know much about what's coming out in Japan soon. What will sustain sales?

This week it got a the effect of GTA4, LBP (+ bundle) and the new model (?).

Honestly, not that much. Gundam Musou 2, PES 09, and WKC.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
kallisto76 said:
You should hope for more than that, considering previous hardware bumps haven't lasted more than a few weeks really. The holidays coming up may help a bit though.

Frillen

kallisto76 said:

Depends on what you hope. If you hope it'll stay at 35k+ then you're up for a pretty big disappointment, consider there's nothing this week to keep the momentum going. I expect the PS3 to fall down to somewhere between 20k-25k next week.

EDIT: SEEMS LIKE THE M-CREATE SITE IS SHOWING GRAN TURISMO SPEC III IN THE TOP 10 AT #7.

Strange.

Frillen said:
Depends on what you hope. If you hope it'll stay at 35k+ then you're up for a pretty big disappointment, consider there's nothing this week to keep the momentum going. I expect the PS3 to fall down to somewhere between 20k-25k next week.

EDIT: SEEMS LIKE THE M-CREATE SITE IS SHOWING GRAN TURISMO SPEC III IN THE TOP 10 AT #7.

Strange.

20-25k would be excellent, i expect a huge dropdown anyway (10-15k).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
kallisto76 said:
20-25k would be excellent, i expect a huge dropdown anyway (10-15k).

Yeah that's what I am expecting as well.

RJT

As much as I would love to see GAF reaction to another Wii X huge hit, I guess this could show Nintendo they can't rest easily.

Wii Sports Resort, on the other hand, has to be a huge hit. I want my Motion+ games!

Parl

Regulus Tera said:
Are they higher than PSP-3000?
I believe so. Most of the DSi sales are pre-ordered units, so the shortage made it so we don't really know what the potential for DSi's opening week really was.

Parl

Cheez-It said:
I absolutely love how some of you "gamers" are actively rooting against Wii Music.

Shallow twits.
It's because Wii Music isn't even a game. Miyamoto said it himself, in fact. Food, cars, music, movies - they aren't games either. We should have away with them too.

Minsc

Gold Member
Cheez-It said:
I absolutely love how some of you "gamers" are actively rooting against Wii Music.

Shallow twits.

Not so much against Wii Music personally, as I am against Nintendo's current direction with the Wii. Lazy, and anything they do do is outnumbered by absolute shit. Since this is a sales thread, I can only wish poor sales on Nintendo, and hope they release games a little more often which I enjoy. Greedy, sure, but it's time for a change imo, and if sales numbers will help support that, all the better.

lancubap said:
Are DSi sales good?

I read an article that said Nintendo shipped 200k units for the fist days. 170k were sold in two days (as you can see in this mc sales) and its outsold by now. Thursday or Friday should arrive another 100k units (if the article´s right).

test_account

XP-39C²
ShadyMilkman said:
I really hope Wii Music outsells LBP.
In Japan? I think that is pretty much a safe bet at this point, but who knows :)

ShadyMilkman said:
Because it would be really funny
With funny, do you mean that is funny to see people's reaction like you mentioned 1-2 weeks ago or so when you said that you hoped that LBP will bomb? Honestly i dont think you will see too much of an reactions from people if Wii Music outsells LBP, atleast not in Japan. Wii is really popular, and Wii Music will probably sell millions of copies worldwide (not sure how much Wii Music will end up selling when it is all said and done in Japan though). LBP also seems really popular, but LBP is on the PS3, which is less popular system compared to the Wii. Personally i wouldnt exactly be suprised if Wii Music outsells LBP.

If you want fun, wouldnt it be more fun to see that the next i.e Animal Crossing game ending up selling like 50k in total in Japan? :p I think you will have much more reaction from people then (if that is what you mean with funny) compared to if ("when") Wii Music outsells LBP.

:)

Cheez-It said:

Shallow twits.
Pretty much, it's fine to root for a game, but to ask for it's demise is pretty sad, especially when the people mocking it isn't even the games target audience.

Regulus Tera said:
Nice, though I guess PSP will win this year's YTD, what with Dissidia coming out next month.
That depends toally on how much Nintendo can ship, as we can see from the first week that the DSi is in demand.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
schuelma said:
I guess, though I doubt it will do that well.

pretty much , Samurai 3 won't do any thing at all , since Tenchu 4 ( bigger Franchise than Way of the Samurai ) did like +16K only on the Wii ( bigger userbase , better software performance than PS3 ) so , poor Acquire :(

I hope Acquire forget all about Tenchu and Samurai and start to make casual games and budget JRPGs on DSi and Wii starting next year .

-Kh-

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Nice, though I guess PSP will win this year's YTD, what with Dissidia coming out next month.

I might think that the market for Dissidia is already there within the PSP owners (MHP2G players). Dissidia is a FF fan-service game, but it won't ship 2M, hopefully will see 1M in Japan, but how many units is SE expecting to sell?

After all it is just an spin-off, so I don't think it will be to the level of the DS remakes, but mostly with the TA/2 and CC games.

It might help sell some more PSP units, but Chrono Trigger is coming out just in 2 (or 3) more weeks, so the DSi might as well level up things with the PSP, hard call, but if you ask me, I see CT more of a system seller than Dissidia.

jesusraz

Nice and early this week:

1.) Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3, Capcom) - 132,676 | NEW
2.) Valkyrie Profile: Toga o Seoumono (NDS, Square Enix) - 79,760 | NEW
3.) LittleBigPlanet (PS3, SCE) - 51,705 | NEW
4.) Pokémon Platinum (NDS, The Pokémon Company) - 47,243 | 1,853,400
5.) Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (NDS, Nintendo) - 40,380 | 117,000
6.) Rhythm Tengoku Gold (NDS, Nintendo) - 38,558 | 1,089,000
7.) Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III (PS3, SCE) - 34,965 | NEW
8.) Grand Theft Auto IV (360, Capcom) - 33,648 | NEW
9.) Personal Trainer: Walking (w/ Pedometer) (NDS, Nintendo) - 26,191 | NEW
10.) Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyuu + (NDS, Square Enix) - 26,190 | NEW

31.) Devil Summoner (PS2, Atlus)
32.) Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS, Konami)
33.) Galileo (NDS, D3Publisher)
34.) Beautiful Letter Training (NDS, Nintendo)
35.) Devil Summoner (Special Edition) (PS2, Atlus)
36.) Tenchu 4 (Wii, From Software)
37.) Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (NDS, Nintendo)
38.) Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo)
39.) Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (PS2, Namco Bandai)
40.) Saihai no Yukue (NDS, Koei)
41.) Taiko no Tatsujin DS: Seven Island Adventure (NDS, Namco Bandai)
42.) New Super Mario Bros. (NDS, Nintendo)
43.) Wii Play (Wii, Nintendo)
44.) Happy Dance Collection (Wii, Namco Bandai)
45.) Soul Eater DS: Medusa conspiracy (NDS, Namco Bandai)
46.) MySims Kingdom (Wii, EA)
47.) Animal Crossing: Wild World (NDS, Nintendo)
48.) Super Robot Wars Z (PS2, Namco Bandai)
49.) Kanji Brain 2 + Dictionary (NDS, IE Institute)
50.) One Piece: Episode 1 (Wii, Namco Bandai)

Minsc said:
Not so much against Wii Music personally, as I am against Nintendo's current direction with the Wii. Lazy, and anything they do do is outnumbered by absolute shit. Since this is a sales thread, I can only wish poor sales on Nintendo, and hope they release games a little more often which I enjoy. Greedy, sure, but it's time for a change imo, and if sales numbers will help support that, all the better.

You might as well stop coming to these threads, because that's not going to happen for a very long time. Nintendo creates new multi-million selling IPs on whim and for every title that fails to hit that mark by some divine curse, the Big N pumps out 3 more successful ones to make up for it 4 times over.

Minsc said:

Say what you will about their direction but they are not lazy developers. They have released more games in the first two years of the Wii's lifespan than any other previous console, all while supporting the DS more than any other Nintendo handheld. Oh and all of the Wii series of games has had ample time in development (Wii Music has been in development for over two years!) they are not simply shat out.

jesusraz

Wii Music sold around 23,000 units this week, bringing its total to roughly 164,000. At this rate, going into the festive period, it could very well hover around the 15,000-20,000 each week with ease, before getting a big boost at the end of December/early Jan. If it flies past 500,000 I seriously don't see it as being a disappointment at all.

Even now, actually, although it may be slightly underwhelming compared to the other entires into the 'Wii' range, its sales are not that miserable.

By the way, it's sad to see both Tenchu 4 and Castlevania: OoE dropping so quickly...

TunaLover

jesusraz said:
Wii Music sold around 23,000 units this week, bringing its total to roughly 164,000. At this rate, going into the festive period, it could very well hover around the 15,000-20,000 each week with ease, before getting a big boost at the end of December/early Jan. If it flies past 500,000 I seriously don't see it as being a disappointment at all.

let's hope it has bad legs

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jesusraz said:

Even now, actually, although it may be slightly underwhelming compared to the other entires into the 'Wii' range, its sales are not that miserable.

By the way, it's sad to see both Tenchu 4 and Castlevania: OoE dropping so quickly...

No thats pretty miserable to expectations

jesusraz

And for those looking for the hardware update:

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2008 Sales | Lifetime Sales
1.) Nintendo DSi - 171,925 | 0 | 171,925 | 171,925
2.) PlayStation Portable - 50,358 | 60,467 | 3,103,787 | 10,768,864
3.) PlayStation 3 - 39,587 | 3,931 | 743,459 | 2,385,135
4.) Wii - 23,123 | 24,292 | 2,311,804 | 6,927,943
5.) Nintendo DS - 16,369 | 22,965 | 2,507,878 | 23,680,932
6.) PlayStation 2 - 6,714 | 6,962 | 418,948 | 21,345,988
7.) Xbox 360 - 6,119 | 7,844 | 226,748 | 735,193

TunaLover said:
let's hope it has bad legs
Why? That sort of comment strikes me as really odd. There are people out there really loving Wii Music, plus it's helping to make Nintendo more money that may very well go on to funding something like the new Zelda or Mario project. So why would you want it to crash and burn?

HK-47 said:
The expectations of many on here and journalists around the world? Or are you going off Miyamoto's recent words, saying it's been hard to sell the game to people, yet actual sales so far have not been too bad?

-Kh-

Banned
HK-47 said:

Did Nintendo said a number of what they expected to sell of Wii Music, either as in Japan or globally?

Because development costs probably have already been covered with those units from the first week. I don't see Wii Music being more expensive to develop than Wii Fit, or what Wii Sports 2 (with the MotionPlus accesory) cost to develop.

It indeed might not meet Nintendo's expectations, but I don't think they were expecting to sell 2M in Japan or 5M worldwide, Miyamoto has always been rather conservative in his interviews about it.

donny2112

JoshuaJSlone said:
The biggest October game is a Training game with a long title for DS, which started over 200K and is now past 1.5 million.

General Knowledge Training

RpgN said:
I think you're downplaying the importance of wii music. Have we all forgotten about the huge coverage at the E3 and more?

I think you're downplaying the importance of Electroplankton. Have we all forgotten about the huge coverage at the E3 and more?

Regulus Tera said:

Dissidia won't help much. DSi sold what it shipped. Retailers are expecting to have 1.2-1.5 million shipped by the end of the year. ;)

PS3 did much better than I was expecting, and I think I had the highest posted expectations of the regular posters. :lol It could have a shot to be ahead of Wii next week, too, but I think 15-20K is more likely. 360 should have a minor bump next week, but PS3 should still be higher.

Wii: How many weeks until Animal Crossing?
PSP: Less than expected decrease, which is a good sign for keeping up sales.
DSi: Sold what it shipped.
DSL: Continued, expected, slide

We now have numbers for the Top 11 games this week. :D

jesusraz

donny2112 said:
General Knowledge Training
I'm still very surprised Nintendo has yet to localise this yet. I realise it would need a rather hefty revamp, á la Cooking Guide, but with such massive sales in Japan it still perplexes me why a Western version hasn't happened yet...Same goes for the Wii version (although comparatively it was a disaster in sales terms - still probably turned a nice profit though!)

I think you're downplaying the importance of Electroplankton. Have we all forgotten about the huge coverage at the E3 and more?
I was quite frustrated wit NoE's handling of Toshio Iwai's funky little DS game, since there was quite a lot of initial hype built up thanks to interest from DJs...then after NoA left it as retail-only, it eventually limped out into European stores without any publicity at all :-( Opportunity missed!

DSi sold what it shipped. Retailers are expecting to have 1.2-1.5 million shipped by the end of the year. ;)
Nintendo's already said another 100,000 have been shipped this week, so including the ~20,000 that have been sold, but didn't make it in time for the M-C update, it should be another easy No.1 for the DSi next week.

We now have numbers for the Top 11 games this week. :D
Indeed we do: 11.) Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP The Best) (PSP, Capcom) - 26,000 | NEW

TunaLover

jesusraz said:
Why? That sort of comment strikes me as really odd. There are people out there really loving Wii Music, plus it's helping to make Nintendo more money that may very well go on to funding something like the new Zelda or Mario project. So why would you want it to crash and burn?

Because the WiiTittle has been too much successful so far, Nintendo could just relying on WiiTittles. Douche bags executives in NoA loves Wii casual line, so far they're focusing on WiiTittle while other great tittles got the shaft. I think that bad sales for a game in the WiiLine is good for game library balance.

EDIT if anything, WiiMusic doing strongly well Wiifit level could turn resources in WiiMusic 2, so the funding other tittles thing is a little tricky.

Minsc

Gold Member
Nuclear Muffin said:
Say what you will about their direction but they are not lazy developers. They have released more games in the first two years of the Wii's lifespan than any other previous console, all while supporting the DS more than any other Nintendo handheld. Oh and all of the Wii series of games has had ample time in development (Wii Music has been in development for over two years!) they are not simply shat out.

Yea, the first year was great, no problems from me. I really was emphasizing the lately when I wrote that. Given all the money Nintendo is making, they really could be doing so much more. Sort of how I feel with WoW. The amount of money being earned seems to be disproportionate to the product you are getting compared to other titles.

That said, the lazy part really just stems towards my frustration with Animal Crossing, it's like they waited 5 years simply to release the game again with almost no changes. It's more of a Capcom move really :lol

gtj1092

Psychotext said:
You're really not suggesting that 360 games should be able to hold their own against PS3 games are you?

What's the installed base now, 2.5m vs 0.7m?

No I'm saying that he doesn't really believe LBP should of sold better than those two games. That if his standard for game sales was based only off user base size and not the IP or genre then he would then have to apply the same standard when talking about Wii game sales. But he doesn't because if he did every week he would be making the same statement about Wii games sales which usually under perform the userbase.

-Kh-

Banned
TunaLover said:
Because the WiiTittle has been too much successful so far, Nintendo could just relying on WiiTittles. Douche bags executives in NoA loves Wii casual line, so far they're focusing on WiiTittle while other great tittles got the shaft. I think that bad sales for a game in the WiiLine is good for game library balance.

Oh so you want Nintendo to go back to their GameCube days and into the possibility of turning third party for the lack of overall sales and inability to support their own platforms?

And please excuse Pokemon from this analogy.

Top Bottom