• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/17 - 11/24

gtj1092

Count Dookkake said:
Perhaps, but in the same spirit you shouldn't be bothered by harmless jokes about the spectacular failure of your console of choice.

Except when thats your only gimmick and the other the thing you do "Year of the Ps3". You've said "Wait for___" and "Year of the Ps3" more than any Sony fan on this board and honestly I've yet to see this great hoard of people claiming x game is going to make Ps3 rise to heaven. I'm glad your console is a success how bout you go make some official game thread for it or something.

gtj1092 said:
Except when thats your only gimmick and the other the thing you do "Year of the Ps3". You've said "Wait for___" and "Year of the Ps3" more than any Sony fan on this board and honestly I've yet to see this great hoard of people claiming x game is going to make Ps3 rise to heaven. I'm glad your console is a success how bout you go make some official game thread for it or something.
His post in the deo kid death thread invalidates your post.

gtj1092 said:

Of course I would say 'Year of the PS3' more than a Sony fun. That's how jokes tend to work.

Also, :lol at my only gimmick.

donny2112

gtj1092 said:
honestly I've yet to see this great hoard of people claiming x game is going to make Ps3 rise to heaven.

I have to assume that you're just talking about lately, because it was all the rage for the first year or so.

[Nintex]

gtj1092 said:
"Many of you have already written about it, and it's true, this year is the year of Playstation 3!" - Jack Tretton E3 2008

The collection of "wait_for" I've gathered so far:
Folk Soul< joke started here
Virtua Fighter
Gundam Musou
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Ratchet
Uncharted
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Kojima is a god
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
God of War III

Spiegel

[Nintex] said:
"Many of you have already written about it, and it's true, this year is the year of Playstation 3!" - Jack Tretton E3 2008

Virtua Fighter
Final Fantasy XIII

Ratchet
Uncharted < joke started here
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
God of War III

Your crusade against the Ps3/LBP fanatics is awesome but give it a rest man. You're overdoing it lately and seems like something personal.

[Nintex]

Spiegel said:
Your crusade against the Ps3/LBP fanatics is awesome but give it a rest man. You're overdoing it lately, seems like something personal.
Sorry man :)

It's just that I'm sick in bed, with a laptop doing nothing but browsing GAF all day, it's all fun and games, but damn this is one IMMERSIVE and EPIC game

[Nintex] said:
Sorry man :)

It's just that I'm sick in bed, with a laptop doing nothing but browsing GAF all day, it's all fun and games, but damn this is one IMMERSIVE and EPIC game

Plus user content gives it great casual appeal.

test_account

XP-39C²
[Nintex] said:

Virtua Fighter
Final Fantasy XIII

Ratchet
Uncharted < joke started here
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
God of War III
Didnt the "wait for" joke start with Virtual Fighter 5? If that is what you mean with "joke started here"?

[Nintex]

test_account said:
Didnt the "wait for" joke start with Virtual Fighter 5? If that is what you mean with "joke started here"?
You're right, I started listing and then I realized I missed half of them.

test_account

XP-39C²
[Nintex] said:
You're right, I started listing and then I realized I missed half of them.
Ok, i just had to ask to be sure, since i remembered that i first heard it with Virtual Fighter 5 (atleast when it comes to the PS3) :)

donny2112

Jokeropia said:
The joke started there, but the first game for which I can recall the phrase being used seriously was Gundam Musou.

Folks Soul is the jRPG they've been waiting for. Finally, Sony provides some Japanese content for their audience just waiting to upgrade.

Opiate

I absolutely agree that people with unrealistic expectations and unreasonable projections need to be corrected, and I know I've done so myself. In that regard, I agree with Nintex and Donny and Count Dook.

I just wish some people (not everyone does this) could do so without taking such puerile glee in the process.

Haha, the things you like will fail!

freddy

Banned
So 360 is performing great despite being unable to break 20k a week outside of blue moons.

PS3 is the worst console in the history of Japan despite outselling the 360 consistently at a much higher price point.

The Wii is king of Japan despite dwindling sales and bugger all coming out for it.

The only two systems performing well are PSP and DS and the PSP has a release list about as anaemic as the consoles.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
freddy said:
So 360 is performing great despite being unable to break 20k a week outside of blue moons.

PS3 is the worst console in the history of Japan despite outselling the 360 consistently at a much higher price point.

The Wii is king of Japan despite dwindling sales and bugger all coming out for it.

The only two systems performing well are PSP and DS and the PSP has a release list about as anaemic as the consoles.

Truth

[Nintex]

freddy said:

I think everyone knew this, however I do get a feeling that the Wii will go higher in Japan soon, there's tons of great releases coming up. If I were Nintendo I'd ring the Monster Hunter alarm bell if neither of those cause a blip on the radar.

gtj1092 said:
02-16-2008: By the time you joined a lot of them accepted reality somewhat (or stopped posting).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
freddy said:

I think the Wii sold well most of the year, but it definitely looks like a weak holiday.

ksamedi

schuelma said:
I think the Wii sold well most of the year, but it definitely looks like a weak holiday.

If you compare it to other consoles it might have done decent but I'm sure Nintendo is far from satisfied with the Wii numbers. Just look at the DS sales in its peak years. I think Nintendo was hoping that would happen to the Wii as well (in Japan).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ksamedi said:
If you compare it to other consoles it might have done decent but I'm sure Nintendo is far from satisfied with the Wii numbers. Just look at the DS sales in its peak years. I think Nintendo was hoping that would happen to the Wii as well (in Japan).

I don't know if that's realistic. One Wii in a house, several DS's..

lo zaffo

I can not understand why Nintendo shoot in its foot everytime: if it had chosen to sell Mario Party 9 in November 2008 instead of Wii music and Animal Forest Wii (and Wii sport resort dued in January 2009,) it would have double sales with same effort.
Nintendo can release how many Captain Rainbow, Disaster Day of Crisis, Pikmin they want but these softwares are unuseful.

Spiegel

Sgt. Killjoy said:
I think when the wii is more reasonably priced it will pick back up

Wii is reasonably priced since its launch

Launch
Wii = 25,000 Y
PS2 = 39,800 Y

2 years later
Wii = 25,000 Y
PS2 = 30,000 Y

3 years later
Wii = ?
PS2 = 25,000 Y

test_account

XP-39C²
Jokeropia said:
The joke started there, but the first game for which I can recall the phrase being used seriously was Gundam Musou.
donny2112 said:
Folks Soul is the jRPG they've been waiting for. Finally, Sony provides some Japanese content for their audience just waiting to upgrade.
Ah ok, i forgot about those 2 games, thanks for the info! :)

freddy said:
I guess it depends on how you define "worst" :)

donny2112

legend166 said:
Are we expecting the same Wii 3rd party bloodbath like December last year? That was sad :(

Do you see any games of the quality of a We Love Golf!, Soul Calibur Legends, Nights: JoD, or Chocobo's Dungeon this holiday to make a fair comparison? Maybe 428 will come out and sell Vagrant Story numbers. Wii can hope! :lol

+2 points if you get all the irony in this post.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
donny2112 said:
Do you see any games of the quality of a We Love Golf!, Soul Calibur Legends, Nights: JoD, or Chocobo's Dungeon this holiday to make a fair comparison? Maybe 428 will come out and sell Vagrant Story numbers. Wii can hope! :lol

+2 points if you get all the irony in this post.

You give SCL too much credit. It isnt that good =P

Gaborn

freddy said:

Compared to the Xbox, and compared to it's previous years? Yep. Compared to other consoles? No.

Worst ever? No. Does it continue to be a disappointment compared to it's predecessors and therefore largely a failure in that sense? Yes.

Compared to its console competitors? Of course. Compared to hand held systems? No, but generally hand held systems are considered to be a separate market although there is certainly overlap.

This is also true, as stated above, though I would order them in the reverse, with DS first.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Akibablog just did an entry on the Wii+DS bomba bin in the main Sofmap in Akihabara.

Since Akibablog is a Japanese site, their ads aren't targeted towards North Americans, and their English translation while well-meaning is... not so hot, I rehosted the images (watermarked) to post them here:

sJHtYvj.jpg

niJY1Xj.jpg

dBLZGrJ.jpg

03wexAz.jpg

4htPo6f.jpg

yiETrdC.jpg

Bomba bin includes:
Code:
Game Title			Copies	Price
---------------------------------------------
Excite Truck			80	1980yen
Metroid Prime 3			60	1980yen
Mario and Sonic			60	1980yen
SD Gundam Scad Hammers		40	1980yen
Captain Rainbow			40	1980yen
Opoona				40	1980yen
Trace Memory			200	980yen
Chosoju Mecha MG (Sandlot)	120	980yen
Picross DS			75	980yen
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2	75	2480yen
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass	70	1980yen

NmaWtFa.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mario and Sonic must have overshipped, because I remember that game doing fairly well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Y2Kev said:
Mario and Sonic must have overshipped, because I remember that game doing fairly well.

yeah, stuff like M&S and Excite Truck are not really bombs... they're old and probably just have a few kinks in the supply chain such that this particular store ended up with a bunch of copies to burn.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
1cesc said:
If this a regular occurrence, why do they overstock so often? It seems like they'd be better off selling out, then restocking.

i'm sure some of the j-gaffers could vouch for this more than i can, but it happens, especially since japan tends to be bigger into trading / used sales that north america is.

here's two pictures from the last akibablog bomba bin:
c2qxMsq.jpg

JEiHrUT.jpg

Hx8bS6W.jpg

Jonnyram

Might go and pick up Captain Rainbow at that price :O

In other news, 428 is only due to ship 50-60,000 next week, but pre-orders have seen a sharp increase with the Famitsu perfect score.

CTLance

Wow, those bomba bargain bins are pretty awesome. I'd spend all of my lunch money and get a huge amount of games in return - good ones, even!
Why can't I live in Japan! Why am I incapable of speakig or at least reading the language!

:(

Life is unfair. They don't want the games and get them dirt cheap. I want the games and have to pay outrageous prices. Bah. Curse you, capitalism! Curse youuuuu!!!!

Osuwari

i wish bombas over here would drop prices like that. i would buy more games at $10-20 than i would at $60, especially games that are average.

Top Bottom