• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12/08 - 12/14

Spiegel said:
Bets for Dissidia? Anyone?

Mine:
1rst day = 380k
1rst week = 600k

Less than that would be a huge dissapointment (for me)
Didn't SE say that the initial shipment was 550k? If so, I guess you're going to get a huge disappointment.

Jonnyram

jeremy1456 said:
No, I think they paid for the license to make money off of arcade cabinets.

The Wii port was probably cheap to do.

Jesus. Calm down, and maybe think out your next post a little better.
Can you be any more mistaken? You don't put out a home conversion so soon if you want to make money off of arcade cabinets. But clearly Capcom has shat the bed on both counts here.

Vinnk

Jonnyram said:
Can you be any more mistaken? You don't put out a home conversion so soon if you want to make money off of arcade cabinets. But clearly Capcom has shat the bed on both counts here.

I agree that the game is a bomb and if it is in fact not making money in the arcade either than capcom is really screwed.

But those other fighters mentioned were in the arcade and were profitable in the arcade alone. When the home versions came out later, people bought them so they cold have the arcade experience at home.

If the game is not popular at the arcade, there is no base of gamers to want the home port. Of course the home and arcade version were released at almost the exact same time so if the game hasn't really had time to build up a base of fans who would be hungry for the home version.

Capcom also barley advertised this one at all. I live in Japan and was surprised to just see it on the shelf one day. No ads, no hype.

But those are of course excuses. If it is not making money in the arcade then Capcom screwed up because the market has shown that home ports aren't enough to bring in the money (they should talk to ARC system works).

Also, I plan to buy Let's Tap. I had a lot of fun with it at TGS and fell in love with the soundtrack. But I expect this one to mega-bomb.

There is no advertising at all. I haven't seen one ad for it (TV, Flyer, Poser, etc) and no one at all is talking about it in town.

And that makes me sad. The game is unique and fun. But it was sent to die.

Spiegel said:
Bets for Dissidia? Anyone?

Mine:

1rst day = 380k
1rst week = 600k

Less than that would be a huge dissapointment (for me)

CCFF7

1st day = 350K(Fami)
1st week = 470K(Fami)
486659(MediaCreate)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
*UPDATED*

MC-THREAD-SOFTWARE-TITLE.png

01. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Namco Bandai) 105,900 / NEW
02. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) 97,700 / 587,000
03. [NDS] Hoshi no Kirby: Ultra Super Deluxe (Nintendo) 94,500 / 629,400
04. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion Girls Mode (Nintendo) 63,100 / 341,700
05. [NDS] Penguin no Mondai: Saikyou Penguin Densetsu! (Konami) 59,000 / NEW
06. [NDS] Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (Level 5) 57,600 / 492,000
07. [NDS] Pokémon Platinum (Pokémon) 57,500 / 2,066,300
08. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) 45,200 / 1,289,400
09. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) 43,000 / 2,916,900
10. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) 34,300 / 1,938,400

11. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
12. [PS2] Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World (Namco Bandai)
13. [NDS] Tamagotchi Star School (Namco Bandai)
14. [WII] Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat Wii (Nintendo)
15. [NDS] Chrono Trigger DS (Square Enix)
16. [WII] Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes (Capcom) 24,100 / NEW
17. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III (SCE)
18. [NDS] Tongariboushi and the 365 Days of Magic (Konami)
19. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (Capcom)
20. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
21. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
22. [PSP] Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin (KOEI)
23. [PSP] Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha (Spike)
24. [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo)
25. [PSP] Gundam vs. Gundam (Namco Bandai)
26. [WII] 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de (SEGA)
27. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
28. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
29. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven (Level 5)
30. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master 2: The Seven Island Adventure (Namco Bandai)

Nintendo: 23/30 of the Top 30.

MC-THREAD-CHARTS.png

tn_rhythmtengoku-107.png
tn_pokemon-mainline-LTDs-107.png

Famitsu Software Charts @ Chart Get!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stop It said:
Wow thats quite the first week for Taiko no Tatsujin, being a rhythm game & all, also ACs legs are getting longer by the week it seems.

Wii/DS starting to enter hyperdrive for the holiday weeks again, leaving the competition floundering, top 10 all Ninty for the first time in a long while too.

They are entering the holiday season. Dont let the holiday rise fool you.

Shame AC seems to be doing well. At least Wii Music was an original ground up effort.
Fuck Nintendo for phoning it in

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cosmonaut X said:
I know it's maybe a bit unlikely, but wouldn't it be nice symmetry if Taiko Wii heralded a similar turnaround for the fortunes of third parties on the system?

Taiko DS didnt herald anything though

lupin23rd

So GT5P spec III is still pretty high up on the charts, seems to have decent legs (just under Tatsunoko vs Capcom which is around 24k or is it just me?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Scrubking said:
Uh, NO.

This is the correct answer. (Plus whatever Capcom did/didn't do to advertise the game. I know they don't like spending money on Wii ads.)

Also their decision to pick a license that couldn't be easily exported boggles the mind.

Umm bullshit. Gonna just make stuff up?

Linkup

Vinnk said:
Also, I plan to buy Let's Tap. I had a lot of fun with it at TGS and fell in love with the soundtrack. But I expect this one to mega-bomb.

There is no advertising at all. I haven't seen one ad for it (TV, Flyer, Poser, etc) and no one at all is talking about it in town.

And that makes me sad. The game is unique and fun. But it was sent to die.

hmm that doesn't sound good

so 5k first day 15k first week

lopaz

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Changing the post your tag links to was extremely bad sportsmanship. Shame on you.

rpmurphy

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 12/08 - 12/14
13. [WII] Wii de Asobu: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Nintendo) - 25,000 / NEW

DKJB GCN was 46,594 First Week, 220,132 LTD according to Josh's site. But it sold 74,455 Second Week probably because of the holiday bump.

But will the Wii version see a similar pattern and have as much legs?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jammy said:
Soul Calibur IV also underperformed big time on the charts, and being on a much more expensive system that's starved for games (just look at the release list!), that hurts even more than when something like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom underperforms.

When something big budget like SCIV does 100,000 on a game-starved system maybe it's just a sign that people don't play traditional fighters anymore. Especially when something like SSBB does 800,000 opening week.

Cramming every bloody Nintendo character into a game will do that

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
And Wii Music comes back on Famitsu to piss everyone off :lol :lol

Tenbatsu

Vinnk said:
Capcom also barley advertised this one at all. I live in Japan and was surprised to just see it on the shelf one day. No ads, no hype.
Ha!! Just as I expected! Thanks Vinnk.

The sales of TvC is 27000 now. (at time of writing)

ccbfan said:
TvC won't do any better on the PS3/360 so even though its probably very easy to port on them , it might not be worth it.

To really get TvC going Capcom needs to do a PS2 port. The question is whether its even possible to downgrade it to a PS2. As much as I hate this fact, even after 3 years of this current gen most of the core gamers in Japan still has the PS2 as their main home console.
Doubt they will port to PS3/360 as they got to redo all the mini games as they are in godknows why 4:3!! PS2 maybe.

Pachael

Pachael said:
Taiko, like Samba, was a game that had to be made once the Wii controllers were shown. Thanks for being LTTP, Namco!

I stand corrected - Sega has released yet another bomb bomba - Samba de Amigo according to Famitsu only sold 1,600. <<< Taiko 115,000 and Namco as usual :lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Wii is dominating every region. When does Sony and Microsoft bring out their next generation consoles with motion control and try to compete?

Jonnyram

Vinnk said:

There are at least TV ads which are also shown on the train (Yamanote Line), so it's not that bad. Not seen posters yet.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
HK-47 said:
PL, can you make a Fashion Girls chart similar to the RTG chart?

YOU READ MY MIND!!!

I swear I was going to do one. I'm looking for some artwork on it if you (anybody) can find it. I'm also going to do a Kirby chart. Maybe one with post-2000 Kirby titles?

And since I'm doing requests, what will you do for me? :)

Hive

Banned
Did anyone notice that Animal Crossing: Wild World has been charting in the top 20 again?

I know the reason, but it's pretty cool to see it still going strong after 4 years~ ^^

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
PantherLotus said:
YOU READ MY MIND!!!

I swear I was going to do one. I'm looking for some artwork on it if you (anybody) can find it. I'm also going to do a Kirby chart. Maybe one with post-2000 Kirby titles?

And since I'm doing requests, what will you do for me? :)

Statement: I would shop that artwork for you, but the comp I am currently on doesnt have that or any decent shopping software on it.

Offer: I mean I could also assassinate some meatbags if that would please you

JKBii

David H Wong said:
I obviously can't speak for that guy but I have noticed that of the two groups, "People who hate Wii Music" and "People who have played Wii Music," there is very, very little overlap on the Venn diagram.

I think there is something to be said for Wii Music's underwhelming success in comparison to other Wii titles. Clearly, some of the same people who are receptive to Wii Play and Wii Fit are passing on Wii Music, and this is after Nintendo has advertised the living hell out of it. We will have to wait more time to know whether the game has the same selling power of other Wii branded titles, but as someone who expected more out of Wii Music, I'm glad the market seems to be pushing Nintendo to provide more for Wii Music 2.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hive said:
Did anyone notice that Animal Crossing: Wild World has been charting in the top 20 again?

I know the reason, but it's pretty cool to see it still going strong after 4 years~ ^^
3 years, but yes. Mario Kart DS is another title that just refuses to ever die.

Hive

Banned
Link said:

oh, you're right~ My mistake.

I think the first bump AC:WW got was due to the movie. And the latest bump is due to the Wii release.

I'll be playing Wild World for years and years~

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Link said:

Strange though MK DS was the one in the top 20 for most of the year and AC right around 30. Now they have switched, and kinda of quickly too

Link

The Autumn Wind
HK-47 said:
Strange though MK DS was the one in the top 20 for most of the year and AC right around 30. Now they have switched, and kinda of quickly too
MK DS was riding MK Wii, now AC WW is riding AC CF.

Hive said:

It's especially crazy when you look at those numbers. It's on the verge of hitting 5 million units in Japan alone. That's absolutely astounding. What games have done that with a single version?

KuwabaraTheMan said:
It's especially crazy when you look at those numbers. It's on the verge of hitting 5 million units in Japan alone. That's absolutely astounding. What games have done that with a single version?
NSMB would be about the only other game.

Hive

Banned
PantherLotus said:

haha

thanks~ I tried it and I like the Jack-tar brand the best ^^ At least, that's what I'd like to see my girl wear.

I always look through the Women's Non-no magazines when a new one releases. The girls in there are very clean and cute, and that's mostly my type. So I think that's why this might be relevant to my interest, because I get that same vibe from (not-so-gaudy) fashion magazines ^^

Actually this is a middle-ground between Non-no and CanCan

Vinnk said:
I picked up Let's Tap today, I couldn't believe the cost! 8900yen? So that's 3000yen for two cardboard boxes? I'll try it out later tonight, hope it was worth it.

Vinnk said:
Indeed, I've been waiting for this game for what seemed like an eternity and the first I knew of it's release was seeing it pop up in this sales thread, terrible advertising by Capcom. That being said, I immediately ran out and bought a copy, so that's +1 for next week's MC.

bttb said:
__. [NDS] Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon: Majo to Shoujo to 5-Jin no Yuusha (Square Enix) - 8,000 / NEW

Horrible Failure? Compared to previous recent First week sales for Chocobo Games:

DS Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales

DS Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyuu

WII 43 Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon: Toki Wasure No Meikyuu
43.756 60,18% 72.710

And just a wtf aside? Chocobo's dungeon was the 15th best selling game for the playstation in Japan

Vinnk said:

Tsk tsk. Personally if Capcom marketed it aggresively and innovatively I could see this game pulling some nice numbers if it grabbed some of the Super Smash Bros audience.

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 12/08 - 12/14

__. [NDS] Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon: Majo to Shoujo to 5-Jin no Yuusha (Square Enix) - 8,000 / NEW
__. [PSP] Zwei!! (Falcom) - 7,700 / NEW
I didn't even remember Chocobo was released, and it looks like Japan didn't either.

Zwei didn't sell zwei copies, yay, now 7,7k, well, I guess Falcom is used to these kind of numbers. I wonder how Zwei 2 did on PC...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
SE should stop putting Chocobo Games on Homeconsoles or Handhelds - there i no market for it.

cw_sasuke said:
SE should stop putting Chocobo Games on Homeconsoles or Handhelds - there i no market for it.

I don't know The previous chocobo tales sold 139.944 according to Gamecharts. Even chocobo's dungeon ds sold around 50,000 on total . No clue what has happened to the franchise sales to make it be 10% of what they use to be 2 years ago(or less then 1% of 10 years ago, but at least that has a semi-logical explanation).

Top Bottom