• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/14 - 5/20

Xisiqomelir

I liked it better when Stupid Argument Posters had a bigger emotional investment in wanting one of the platform holders to fail. This passive-agressive shit is just annoying.

ethelred

None of test_account's posts, either here or the ones in the linking post, have been even remotely trollish, so why the hell's everyone getting on his back? What's the point of linking to 30 posts of someone who didn't say a trollish thing in a single one of them?

Some of you guys are really determined to stamp out even the slightest blotch on the otherwise dogmatic fellatio present in these threads these days.

Parl

Xisiqomelir said:
I liked it better when Stupid Argument Posters had a bigger emotional investment in wanting one of the platform holders to fail. This passive-agressive shit is just annoying.

Totally agree. I loved it whenever the new SAP made their opening stupid post. Made me feel all warm inside.

test_account

XP-39C²
ethelred said:
None of test_account's posts, either here or the ones in the linking post, have been even remotely trollish, so why the hell's everyone getting on his back? What's the point of linking to 30 posts of someone who didn't say a trollish thing in a single one of them?

Some of you guys are really determined to stamp out even the slightest blotch on the otherwise dogmatic fellatio present in these threads these days.

Thanks, good to see that atleast one person understands it :)

I've thought some of test_account's posts seemed pretty loaded, too, but unless it continues on much longer it's easier to give the early benefit of the doubt that he's just uninformed about things we've already gone over a dozen times.

Hell, at least if it's trolling, it's so in disguise that one can actually counteract it with a legitimate response, unlike, say, a drohne post.

Vyer

ethelred said:

The post in question stated he did not believe the guy was a troll.

I think the point was that the jpg he put up was a little bitter; now it's easy to see why.

Or maybe the Poor Unfair Victim Sony response grates on some people, hell I don't know. Personally I think all systems that hit their slump brought it on themselves, but that's just me.

test_account

XP-39C²
Vyer said:
I think the point was that the jpg he put up was a little bitter; now it's easy to see why.

The .jpg i put up earlier was just ment as a counter joke to all the "PS3 is selling so bad" jokes. Dont take it too serious. But you might be on to something there. Maybe the inital poster (the one who made the huge post with alot of linking to my previous posts) thought i was a Sony fanboy because of the pic, got ticked off and tried to prove that i was a fanboy by linking to my earlier comments. Dont know. I'm not a Sony fanboy, if people dont want to belive it thats ok with me. I'm not going to use energy trying to convince random people i dont even know if i'm a fanboy or not. Doesnt matter to me.

But as said, lets just get back to the Media Create numbers.

jarrod

Banned
I suggest you open them chubby little eyes ethel...

isonyhp9.jpg

I love these "I'm not a fanboy!" denials. Okay, whatever, I don't know you, maybe you're not. But you act like one on these forums, so don't come in with "I don't own a PS3 so I can't be a fanboy" or the ever-classic "I own one therefore I'm not trolling it" response. You're behavior on this forum has led us to label you as a fanboy, and someone who is not producing interesting discussion due to it.

As for everyone else, can we just leave this kid alone. He may be a bit of a fanboy, but he's hardly a blatant troll. When Tabris comes in here and starts s**t up, then a pile-on is warranted. Right now it's not.

test_account

XP-39C²
lol, i wish i never posted that pic. So much unessesary discussion. Should have bailed out along time ago.

Vyer said:
Why? The PS3 is selling badly. :) What's to counter?

I know its selling bad, thats why people make jokes about it. So that pic was counter joke to that.

test_account said:
lets just get back to the Media Create numbers.

cvxfreak

Deku said:
No boat to fill, you made the comparison not me. I was only pointing out that between comparing FFXII: RW to FFT or FFX-2, FFT is a closer match. They're in the same universe, same genre, and and portables.

But go on, do spin some more.

Okay, the best comparison would be FFXIIRW and FFTA2.

Oh wait...

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
test_account said:
I know its selling bad, thats why people make jokes about it. So that pic was counter joke to that.
Jokes.

They're better when they're funny.

test_account

XP-39C²
Masklinn said:
Jokes.

They're better when they're funny.

Yep, next time i'll ask for your approval if a joke is funny or not :) Or is there a website where i can check? Anyway, enough derailing from my side. Please, back to topic :)

birdchili

did they "fix" the translation for FFT? i have a bit of a sick fondness for the horror of some of the original english (especially the "job" reports).

this is a great game to have on a portable - i'd buy it again if i ever gamed on the go. it deserves mighty sales on any platform.

Vyer

test_account said:

You really didn't answer the question, but maybe I just wasn't clear. In any case, it's not a big deal. But I think when you figure out why you felt the need to 'counter' the joke, then, you'll understand why some of these guys feel they have you pegged.

But anyhow, yes, back to the numbers.

Threi

notag
Angry Guy from ps3forums said:
How cheap is the Xbox 360 Elite? :)
what the hell? Why are you smiling about? Its like you want it to fail, you sound nothing but and appear like nothing but a fanboy, (PS3 will LOOSE, SONY WILL CRY), thats what Im getting from all this, dude, if it comes to it, (this sounding mad) Ill go over to those who dont deserve it (being the best) and blow them up, it may take me years or a life time, but Ill do it, if everything goes to ****, including my life. What I just said is also another good reason for mods to lock a thread thats only being visited by three people, MODS LOCK NOW.

omg im dying right now :lol

jesusraz

goldenticket said:
layton is still doing good. does anyone have any numbers on it up till now. also any word on it coming to the US yet?

It was recently stated by Famitsu to have now sold over its 500,000 shipment figure that we learned of a while back. And then there's the EGM rumour that stated it IS coming to the US... :)

ethelred

jarrod said:
I suggest you open them chubby little eyes ethel...

That image is definitely not me, sorry.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Some people are really going on the offensive on test_account - it seems the more polite he acts, the stronger the attacks were.

Yep. Tabris / My Chemical Mouse / Monorojo he is not. People need to lighten up here.

fernoca

Well, one thing we all learned in here (since the low PS3 numbers are not new)..

Somone is in love with test_account!!! :)

Deku

Banned
The quality of dissent in GAF can range from genuine disagreement to a full blown trolls. Everyone have preferences but we also generally stay away from threads that would put us in constant opposition to whatever is being discussed in the threads. Those who continue to ply threads with topics they disagree with generally have an ulterior motive.

I scrolled back a page to see what the hubbub was all about and the picture in question is certainly meant to incite a reaction. I'm not sure why that warrants a defense of the poster. If Tabris posted that, no one would have defended him.

ksamedi

PS3 forums said:
halo 3 isnt out yet, what the hell? Oh noES, Let us all lay down and die, bow to america the rulers, the xbox 360 is god, bow to it, MS rulers of the world. Dude, I would personally go over to the US, and stand next to Bill with a pipe bomb and blow him up to kingdom come, enough of this negative crap over one country, do realise America is the least populated Continent in the world.

:lol :lol :lol

Deku said:
If Tabris posted that, no one would have defended him.

Probably not, but that's because of his long, fairly clear post history. I think test_account currently deserves a little more leeway than someone like Tabris, so I don't see a problem with his being treated a little differently.

Deku

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
Probably not, but that's because of his long, fairly clear post history. I think test_account currently deserves a little more leeway than someone like Tabris, so I don't see a problem with his being treated a little differently.

Being ignored would be a good idea, but Ethel's spirited defense has me wondering if he knows something we don't. joke account perhaps.

Saitou

Banned
You know Who@You Know Where said:
Its getting [a price drop], number 1. because blu ray and cell are in such a massive supply and easy to produce now the value of them has decreased significantly, number 2. With the production of the new 65nm chip, it will also decrease price again significantly, number 3. Sony and Nintendo are going to bundle the Wii with the PS3 to around the same price as a PS3 or same price as the Elite, number 4. Sony will release the 80gb probably everywhere, reducing the price of the 60gb to lower then the Elite price, (however it should be 200gb, make it bigger, consumers simply will think 120gb is better, which it is, but we all now its nothing but MS wanting more money and wanting more PR over Sony, (we're NOW THE NEW GAMER GODS HAHAAHH, AMERICA ARE THE RULERS, go to hell.) number 5. Sony can reduce the price with or without the above details, as they can take money from other areas of their empire

WHAT THE HOLY LIVING FUCKING SHIT IS THIS CRAP!!?¿?¿¡'!

milanbaros

Member?
Browsing through the quoted posts a few pages back and came across this graph.

gamecube_ps3.png

I've always read the PS3 at xx weeks is where the GCN was at (xx-y) weeks and didn't think too much of it. Having seen this it really has put it into perspective for me.

Japan has never been the land of the strong second place but I was hoping the PS3 could bring a more balanced market. The PSP has been able to carve itself a decent market share in the end and I thought the PS3 would be able to do a little better than that.

Has anyone got the updated version of this graph?

jimbo

Banned
There really isn't enough interesting news on the front page that would explain why our beloved sales thread is on the second page.

Bring on the hardware. About 4 hours to go.

Top Bottom