• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2012 (Apr 16 - Apr 22)

saichi

20/04/90 [NFC] Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - ? / 329.000
14/03/92 [NFC] Fire Emblem Gaiden - ? / 325.000
21/01/94 [SFC] Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - ? / 776.000
14/05/96 [SFC] Fire Emblem: Holy War Story - 228.578 / 429.763 (498.000 from sinobi)
28/08/99 [SFC] Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - 30.104 / 158.695
29/03/02 [GBA] Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword - 126.267 / 345.574
25/04/03 [GBA] Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword - 109.429 / 265.286
07/10/04 [GBA] Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - 146.026 / 246.719
20/04/05 [GCN] Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 100.357 / 156.413
22/02/07 [WII] Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - 73.337 / 171.924
07/08/08 [NDS] Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - 147.704 / 252.309
15/07/10 [NDS] Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Hero of Light and Shadow - 147.045 / 247.248
19/04/12 [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening - 242.600 / NEW

Awakening might end up being the second best selling FE game ever... at the worst, it would be #3 which is quite an accomplishment.

AniHawk

Awakening might end up being the second best selling FE game ever... at the worst, it would be #3 which is quite an accomplishment.

i think it'll have a hard time overcoming holy war, but if it does another 100k like the gba and ds games did, it has a shot at beating out the sealed sword at least.

Diablos54

I think a pretty interesting developing story is Super Mario Land 3D consistently selling better then Mario Kart 7. All current signs point to SML3D becoming one of the huge evergreen titles that the Wii and DS saw, even though it is mainly a 3D Mario. But will New Super Mario Bros 3DS eat into SML3D's numbers, and is it really smart to release another Mario so soon with the first one still selling so well?

We shall see.
Very interesting point, will NSMB2 eat SML3D's pie, or can they co-exist?

Boney

Banned
Amazing figures for this new entry.

It has sold in its first week what both Fire Emblem: New Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo: Hero of Light and Shadow sold on NDS during their lifetime.

Let this be a lesson boys.

New entries > remakes.

especially if it's bad ones like SD

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
So the vita had stabalised at 10k? That machine is practically dead now.
It's getting harder and harder to see how they can turn it around. Crucially, PS3, PSP and 3DS had a lot of early pledged third party support going for them, so there was always light at the end of the tunnel. Vita has an utterly barren line-up, and the longer hardware fails to pick up, the less likely it's going to secure any future support. It's a vicious cycle. No sales, no games. No games, no sales, and so it keeps dropping lower, and lower...
Sony had better hope Soul Sacrifice the bee's knees.

iifu

Neo Member
I think a pretty interesting developing story is Super Mario Land 3D consistently selling better then Mario Kart 7. All current signs point to SML3D becoming one of the huge evergreen titles that the Wii and DS saw, even though it is mainly a 3D Mario. But will New Super Mario Bros 3DS eat into SML3D's numbers, and is it really smart to release another Mario so soon with the first one still selling so well?

We shall see.
SM3DL is bundled, Mario Kart 7 is not. If Nintendo keeps the bundle around after NSMB2 launches the game will keep selling.

BD1

Banned
Go Fire Emblem!!!

Was this golden week? (I assume no). Could FE go even higher next week?

Vita needs help badly. Wii could seriously sell better in the next few weeks. When does Kirby Anniversary come out?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
That is a VAST gulf between #1 vs. everything else. Did FE sell more than the entire top 20 combined?

EDIT: Yes it did, 2-20 = 166,214

Holy crap at 3DS top ten domination! The only non 3DS game in there is 2nd Super Robot Wars Z.

Also 5 PSP games, and no Vita games.... Vita really needs some software that will please the Japanese market...

AniHawk

yeah i'm kinda surprised kid icarus was not a worldwide bomb. considering it had been two decades since the last installment, i thought it would have done about 100k-150k per region, and now it looks like it could possibly sell 1 million worldwide, over time.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member

We shall see.
That's what I've been thinking too. Why are they potentially cutting off 3D Land's tail? It goes against their evergreen philosophy.
They should keep NSMB2 for the revision and go for a repeat of the NSMB/DS Lite scenario.

Meier

Boy, talk about the doldrums of the year.. software sales overall are quite poor. Great start for Fire Emblem though -- it's had a nice renaissance.

Cygnus X-1

If Nintendo really sold 30k of the bundle through their online store there's like no way MC was tracking them seeing how the rise is only 20k.

The exactly the point of my reasoning.

From Garaph. Note that these are LTD numbers.

Garaph said:
1 GBA Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword Nintendo 2002-03-29 345,574 2002-12-23
2 GBA Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword Nintendo 2003-04-25 265,286 2003-12-22
3 DS Fire Emblem: New Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light Nintendo 2008-08-07 252,309 2008-12-22
4 DS Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo: Hero of Light and Shadow Nintendo 2010-07-15 247,248 2010-12-20
5 GBA Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Nintendo 2004-10-07 236,370 2004-12-27
6 Wii Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Nintendo 2007-02-22 171,924 2007-12-24
7 GCN Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Nintendo 2005-04-20 156,413 2005-12-19

Wii and GC FE completely creamed. The Sealed Sword on GBA had an opening of 126k. I remember that the two SNES games sold 700k and 500k LTD respectively, but I cannot find data on the site now for some reason.

Go Fire Emblem!!!

Was this golden week? (I assume no). Could FE go even higher next week?

Vita needs help badly. Wii could seriously sell better in the next few weeks. When does Kirby Anniversary come out?

There's no chance FE will go higher next week, but if the new shipment is big enough i might have a good second week

Kinvara

That's what I've been thinking too. Why are they potentially cutting off 3D Land's tail? It goes against their evergreen philosophy.
They should keep NSMB2 for the revision and go for a repeat of the NSMB/DS Lite scenario.

Redesign announced at this e3? :O

/notbeingserioushere

liger05

Yeah with all the focus on Vita and 3DS, PSP's drop week after week has gone unnoticed. That Sony hardware is shrinking fast.

The hardware sales gained from NSMB 2 far outweighs any software sales lost by it. Nintendo wants to put the Vita to rest asap. They have the Wii-U to focus and need all the third party support they can get on the 3DS. With that said, I don't think NSMB 2 will eat into SML3D sales that much, they're different enough to sell side by side, and its more likely that both games will compliment each other rather than cannibalize each others sales.

Were nintendo this aggressive with the DS v PSP?

It just seems to me that since nintendo knew vita was coming they have put a real strategy in place to make sure it couldnt eat into there marketshare. They targeted those PSP gamers and through releases and announcements are making sure the 3DS maintains momentum and will not let the vita even get off the ground.

84,000 vs. 8,200
240,000 vs. nothing physical selling more than 4,000 (not a fair comparison, but still, FE probably outsold its entire library in a week)

yeesh. need P4P or something.

Cygnus X-1

i think it'll have a hard time overcoming holy war, but if it does another 100k like the gba and ds games did, it has a shot at beating out the sealed sword at least.

Fire Emblem has Golden Week on its side to improve quite its LTD.

Presumably:
"D a t a b a s e
Media Create Sales: Japanese Sales database <-download it here"

Stupid question, but shouldn't these numbers be on Garaph as well?

Somnid

You know Super Mario 64 DS is still selling despite NSMB. Galaxy 2 didn't kill NSMB Wii. If anything new users will buy them both.

Top Bottom