• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2013 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

hiska-kun

We should get numbers. It's golden week but today is not a public holiday in Japan.

I think I'm one of the most optimistic in the predictions... maybe I should lower them.
About REvelations I don't expect huge numbers first week because I think RE6 could have damaged the IP.

Anyway, geimin updated its page with the Media Create Top 1.000 for 2012.

Xenoblade - 9.349 / 187.008

Hellraider

I don't know, maybe you could be right, but it's not a main episode, besides it's a 3DS port, and iirc RE4 HD did not set charts on fire, so it could either sell more than 100k or less, we can only have a wild guess methinks.

RE4 has had a gazilion versions.Everyone somewhere must have played it.Revelations on the other hand has only(lol) had one version so far.That's how I look at it.

hiska-kun

Hmm, would you consider those as decent sales for Xenoblade in Japan, all thing being considered?

Yes. A established franchise like Tales of Graces sold 218k on Wii if I remember correctly. The Last Story didn't chart in the top 1.000, so it sold less that 3.529 units this year. Last figure:

[WII] The Last Story (Nintendo) {2011.01.27} - 165.431

So, while TLS is not selling anymore, Xenoblade is still moving some units. The conclusion is that Xenoblade liked more.

test_account

XP-39C²
Even if 3rd party doesn't move to VITA, VITA will get all the 3rd party titles after PS4 is released. We just need to wait for that library to build up.
How so?

EDIT: Ah, i see you mentioned later on that it was about the streaming of PS4 games to the Vita hehe =) I wonder if all PS4 games will support Vita streaming by the way, or if its something that the developer must add as support (mostly thinking about how the controllers will be, seeing that Vita doesnt have clickable analogstick nor 4 shoulder buttons).

Muramasa official PR Twitter account just twitted that the PS Vita version of Muramasa has sold over 100K copies (total units shipped + total downloads) in Japan.
https://twitter.com/oboro_pr/status/329163902984278016
Great success for Marvelous AQL =) A port selling about equally or more than the original seems to be quite unusual.

zroid

Banned
Not a bad performance overall for Xenoblade. I do wonder how many of those sales came in at bargain basement pricing, but a good show nonetheless. I think including international releases, it may have reached 350k worldwide, which is pretty reasonable.

JoeM86

Don't forget guys that the charts today aren't of Golden Week. Only the Saturday & Sunday at the end were a part of it

Not a bad performance overall for Xenoblade. I do wonder how many of those sales came in at bargain basement pricing, but a good show nonetheless. I think including international releases, it may have reached 350k worldwide, which is pretty reasonable.

I would like to know what are the worldwide numbers for Xenoblade.

I reckon that 400k worldwide may be an underwhelming performance from one of Wii's universally acclaimed flagship titles, at least by Nintendo standards.

I would like to know what are the worldwide numbers for Xenoblade.

I reckon that 400k worldwide may be an underwhelming performance from one of Wii's universally acclaimed flagship titles, at least by Nintendo standards.

It doesn't matter for them. Nintendo understood how valuable Monolith Soft. is, and this is shown by the trailer of their Wii U project. Xenoblade wasn't a big seller, but it was critically acclaimed, and it has a quite good following. A sequel, or a follow-up by the same team, will sell way better because it will marketed better.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Prediction League April, 2013

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 290K
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 55K
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 155K
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 38K
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 112K

It doesn't matter for them. Nintendo understood how valuable Monolith Soft. is, and this is shown by the trailer of their Wii U project. Xenoblade wasn't a big seller, but it was critically acclaimed, and it has a quite good following. A sequel, or a follow-up by the same team, will sell way better because it will marketed better.

Yeah, I get your point; Monolith may fill a void in Nintendo's first-party line-up so Xenoblade even as a relatively niche game it has served its purpose, still I believe Nintedo's aim in order to make Wii U succeed is to make the most out of Retro and Monolith, and not only in terms of critical acclaim but also in a more substantial way.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

I'm pretty sure they undershipped the game so the price barely dropped since launch. It was brought up before in a MC thread I believe.

Top Bottom