• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2017 (Apr 24 - Apr 30)

It'll also have the added benefit of being a single player heavy experience, which by the time it comes out will *potentially* be the first Nintendo single player focused title since launch.

Mario x Rabbids, if legit, could beat it to the punch though.

Yeah, Mario x Rabbids is the only single player focused Nintendo game I could see releasing before it. Maaaaybe Pokemon Stars if that's a Switch game. But I'd imagine if it's real that FE Warriors would be September and Pokemon would be October, or something like that. I definitely don't think Mario Odyssey or Xenoblade 2 will beat it to the punch, though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awakening had sold 1.9m worldwide as of December 2014, while Fates had sold 1.84m worldwide as of March 2016. So I think it's safe to say they're both over 2m at this point, or at least really close.

Granted, FE Warriors isn't going to pull those numbers, but given that it's on the Switch, which seems to be a successful platform thus far, I can see it doing respectable numbers. And currently I think there is much more appeal in the Fire Emblem brand than the Dynasty Warriors brand. But we'll see.

More importantly - thanks to Smash Bros. and recently Fire Emblem Heroes much more people are familiar with the characters. So IF..the game turns out well and is a solid action-rpg/musou that attract people outside of the fanbase it could sell rather well.

And yeah its on two more or less popular systems....while HW launched on WiiU - well.

It'll also have the added benefit of being a single player heavy experience, which by the time it comes out will *potentially* be the first Nintendo single player focused title since launch.

And unlike mainline musou games it won't have a problem of market being full of 20 previous versions from last 5 years ;)

test_account

XP-39C²
Tons of them? Mario Maker 3DS and Mario Kart 8DX already show how Wii U is their biggest reason why those title is unable to reach its full sales potential. And i don't see how Splatoon will be any different. Especially when this time, Switch is portable with LAN play too.
Do you think that is because of the WiiU specifically or simply being a case of console vs handheld?

casiopao

Do you think that is because of the WiiU specifically or simply being a case of console vs handheld?

I would said both of them. If Wii U is more successful, most of its game is certainly going to do much better than being bottleneck by Wii U.

Being portable is of course going to be another plus for those software as Japanese market simply loves portable much much more than compared to home consoles which is why Switch is the best of both of them. It is going to attract Japanese fans who loves portable aspect but this time, will also pleases the western market which loves consoles more.

AzaK

Great Mario Kart numbers. Surprised Switch didn't crack 100k in hardware though.
Guess they didn't stock enough

Is that really great though? There's 750K Switches, and only 250 in the first week, on a system with almost no other games. I guess they could be still playing zelda.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Is that really great though? There's 750K Switches, and only 250 in the first week, on a system with almost no other games. I guess they could be still playing zelda.

Yeah, Splatoon really bombed on Wii U.
I mean, more than 2 millions Wii u owners didn't buy it in Japan.

I mean, MK8 on the Wii U debuted at 325k despite the Wii U having sold around 1.7m units at the time. So, yeah 250k games sold on 750k systems is pretty great, especially considering it's going to be an evergreen title.

L~A

This week 4Gamer should have both Week 17 and Week 18 charts.

That Jake Hunter game is a new game right? Cool.

Didn't know about the new Sumikko. But isn't it releasing right alongside Splatoon 2 amidst the July madness? Good luck to that...

Yup, it's a new game. Original development staff. Aiming to go back to the roots with that one, not surprising since I remember the last one (also on 3DS) was poorly received.

So Dynasty Warriors 9 sounds very ambitious: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/9028116/1/

I'm not expecting it to help at all in Japan, their sales might even have some 25-50%+ crash, but I feel it's worth noting that this sounds like a major investment for the company.

Well, it's the very formula they're going to milk for the next decade or so, in the bazillion of expansions/re-releases, other Warriors games and collabs, etc, so they know they can't come up with something half-assed.

This made me realise, Hyrule Warriors 2 could very well be open-world then... would be quite amusing considering the series itself went open-world with BotW.

test_account

XP-39C²
I would said both of them. If Wii U is more successful, most of its game is certainly going to do much better than being bottleneck by Wii U.

Being portable is of course going to be another plus for those software as Japanese market simply loves portable much much more than compared to home consoles which is why Switch is the best of both of them. It is going to attract Japanese fans who loves portable aspect but this time, will also pleases the western market which loves consoles more.
Fair enough. At first, i thought that you ment that maybe tons of people already wanted to play Splatoon 1, but didnt play it because for some reason they didnt want a WiiU.

I expect Splatoon 2 to sell noticeably more than Splatoon 1, but i think the new owners will come from the new hype wave.

Soph

SW ain't going to be close to PS4 and pubs aren't going to ignore an install base of 80-100 million to which they have been releasing all their prior games to lol

Since when did the PS4 already sell 80-100 mil copies? It's closer to half of that number. Gee.

casiopao

Fair enough. At first, i thought that you ment that maybe tons of people already wanted to play Splatoon 1, but didnt play it because for some reason they didnt want a WiiU.

I expect Splatoon 2 to sell noticeably more than Splatoon 1, but i think the new owners will come from the new hype wave.

Nah. It is the combination of both there.^^ Of course there is going to some gamers who previously wanted try Splatoon but end up not getting the game thanks to Wii U being such an unpopular product but i feel the fact that this time it will also be on a portable console which is actually wanted by many Jp both casual and gamers can only spell good things for Splatoon 2.^^

Zedark

Switch really has made MC treads great again. I haven't been this enthused for numbers since Wii/DS generation and major game releases.

vnqz9qa24r2y.png

MTC100

Banned
Switch really has made MC treads great again. I haven't been this enthused for numbers since Wii/DS generation and major game releases.

It's like that with every new console/handheld release, isn't it?

But well, the PS4 didn't perform that great when it launched over there, considering it happenend around christmas too. I don't see the Switch dropping below 40k/week anytime soon, unless Nintendo stops shipping them.

It's like that with every new console/handheld release, isn't it?

But well, the PS4 didn't perform that great when it launched over there, considering it happenend around christmas too. I don't see the Switch dropping below 40k/week anytime soon, unless Nintendo stops shipping them.

surely 22nd February isn't around christmas

L~A

surely 22nd February isn't around christmas

Well, who knows if Jesus Christ was REALLY born on December 25th? What if it was all a hoax spread by 2c???

Seriously: yeah, PS4 wasn't launch during holiday period in Japan, unlike the rest of the world.

Anyway, 1h until we get the new numbers and Famitsu goes back to being late every week.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Interested in the numbers today. I wonder if they pulled through with stocking and the Switch hardware will be higher

L~A

Are we expecting a weak Golden Week?

I remember reading a retailer report (posted a few days ago, by Chris iirc) that it was indeed a Golden Weak. Anything not Switch will most likely be disappointing. Hell, even Switch HW is probably going to be "disappointing" based on the limited shipments (I'd say same number as last week is the max. we could expect).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I remember reading a retailer report (posted a few days ago, by Chris iirc) that it was indeed a Golden Weak. Anything not Switch will most likely be disappointing.

Ah!

Switch numbers are entirely supply-dependant. I wonder if Nintendo had enough to reach the usual 40-50k level.

Top Bottom