• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2014 (Jan 06 - Jan 12)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Seriosuly, everything has a huge drop, including the 3DS, because this week in each year is known for it, and people focus on the Wii U. Come on guys...
It's down 30% year over year which isn't great.

It's not gaining despite everything done while the Vita is up quite a bit year over year.

The 3DS, while somewhat concerning, has sold so much that it doesn't generate that much concern. It's also #1 by a long shot.

Seriosuly, everything has a huge drop, including the 3DS, because this week in each year is known for it, and people focus on the Wii U. Come on guys...

The big drops for the other systems still put their numbers in at least 'decent' territory. 14k is absolutely horrendous for week 2 because numbers will continue to drop.

I predicted around 14k for WiiU, but I don't know how can those 14k surprise anyone.
I mean, when SM3DW launched the hardware sales barely increased, what meant that the increase was only due to the holiday nintendo bump.
This is why the console went UP and UP despite a lot of people were saying that it should go down, and now, since the holiday boost has come to an end, the same will be applied but upside down.

This console needs to build a much stronger catalogue of first party games, and I think that the baseline in terms of sales won't increase until Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros are released.

FourMyle

| WIU | 14.029 | 60.548 | 21.489 | 74.577 | 92.151 | 1.593.004 |

i5bkoo2elb0tsibrjc.gif

Metallix87

why do people still act suprised at the fact the wii u is flopping
People were optimistic after better-than-expected Holiday sales. Some are still tricking themselves into thinking MK8 and SSB4 will make a difference.

It's done, folks. It's now fighting with Vita for last place, and it appears like, at least in Japan, the Wii U will win that "prize".

Road

why do people still act suprised at the fact the wii u is flopping

Because some people were still deluded by the holiday bump despite being warned multiple times that it mattered little for how the Wii U would perform after the holidays were over.

I wonder if PS4 will put another nail in to the Wii U sales coffin at least short term.

I wonder if the PS4 can fit in the Wii U coffin.

Davey Cakes

Wii U is a really fun console but people just don't want it that much.

We can hope that DK, SSB4, and Mario Kart can breath enough life into the system to carry it to...the next holiday season.

Wii U numbers are shocking even if somewhat expected. The 3DS numbers to me though are really surprisingly poor especially with kirby releasing this week.

Spiegel

God Eater 2 Vita killed Sammy's dog. He's so obsessed with the game and tries to ignore the psp version to make it look bad.

Wii U numbers are shocking even if somewhat expected. The 3DS numbers to me though are really surprisingly poor especially with kirby releasing this week.

Yeah I think 2ds at 10k yen is probably coming sooner than we think. I think we'll get the announcement at the investor meeting.

cafemomo

3DS has stagnated and will prolly remain in the 50-70K (maybe lower) for the rest of jan but DQM2 next month will give it a nice
little boost as always.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Because some people were still deluded by the holiday bump despite being warned multiple times that it mattered little for how the Wii U would perform after the holidays were over.

I wonder if the PS4 can fit in the Wii U coffin.

Tecmo Koei won't allow that. When they'll announce Shin Gundam Musou on PS4, you'll see...

SmokyDave

Everything is down year-on-year.

Oh, wait, not everything. Seems there is a shining light in that cavern of darkness. A beautiful light.

Shengar

Time for a price cut or introduce 2DS if Nintendo want move more units. How long we can expect either of these taken by Nintendo? One month maybe?

shocked by Wii U sales is still a thing? I thought we all had an understanding of Nintendo Holiday Sales and slow months for the rest of it

Ushiwaka

Welp, Wii U sales back to normal. As expected. Vita hanging in there is interesting tho. Is it because its "holiday" sales started a little while after Wii U or something else?

Asd202

Yeah I think 2ds at 10k yen is probably coming sooner than we think. I think we'll get the announcement at the investor meeting.

Yeah this 3DS model already peaked it needs something new to continue to drive high sales. I mean with MH4 and Pokemon last year it had lower YTD...

Raonak

Banned
Some people thought wiiU's christmas may have turned it's fortunes around, but that is evidently not the case. sub 10k seems likely.

While the vita, while not doing great, is on the up. really curious for the new baseline.
With the PS4, phantasy star, probable price cut, it's gonna be an interesting year for it.

SmokyDave

Welp, Wii U sales back to normal. As expected. Vita hanging in there is interesting tho. Is it because its "holiday" sales started a little while after Wii U or something else?
The stage is clearing for the double-whammy of the Vita and the PS4. Move over, there's a new king in town.

(Vita TV is the court jester).

Foshy

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|  360  |        451 |      1.124 |        578 |      1.575 |      1.844 |   1.609.134 |
|  WII  |        382 |      1.727 |      2.092 |      2.109 |      7.506 |  12.740.188 |

NINTENDOOMED

orioto

Good Art™
shocked by Wii U sales is still a thing? I thought we all had an understanding of Nintendo Holiday Sales and slow months for the rest of it

There was a chance Mario 3d world create some kind of positive word to mouth. But yeah.. Now let's see with Mario Kart. I'm not sure there is an audience for Smash Bros that is not already a Nintendo fan enough that they wouldn't have the console already. We'll see.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess FFX HD Collection (including the stand alone games for Vita) reach 500k soon?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Is it really "hanging in there?"

07./19. [3DS] Youkai Watch <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.11} (¥4.800) - 14.195 / 308.946 (-23%)

Lowest drop of the week, the anime started airing last week.

I never watch animes but I guess I'll watch this one. I need this game.

Markun

What a downgrade in sales for GT and Inazuma Eleven Ö

And Youkai Watch is very surprising. Does it have an anime or something that makes the game have such legs?

The Youkai Watch anime began airing just last week in Japan actually. I like to think that the anime is the reason why the game didn't suffer a big sales drop.

Edit: Blargh, I got beaten to the punch.

People were optimistic after better-than-expected Holiday sales. Some are still tricking themselves into thinking MK8 and SSB4 will make a difference.
Of course it will make the difference, that among other hardcore japan-centric releases like Bayonetta or Zelda Musou.

It's a matter of library. The WiiU at this moment has mostly provided small niche games and platformers.
This is why I think that DKTF won't have a huge impact on the consoles sales, because it's just another 2D platformer in a console crowded with them.

Time will tell.

Top Bottom