• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2017 (May 22 - May 28)

Ys VIII numbers are surprising. I was expecting it to crash and burn as a late port (as much as I fucking adore the game), but instead the numbers are comparable. Good shit.

mclem

DBKI2gWWAAQq0tM.jpg:large

The Switch Games Raven approves.

GunBR

Street Fighter V sold less than 50k on the first week no?
So 16k for this expensive and bad remake of II don't look so bad

Tonton

Was expecting Ys VIII to be in the 10k range at best so very happy with this result

Do we know how the Vita LTD compares with SEVEN and Celceta?

L~A

Curious to see whether USFII is going to do a Super Bomberman R or just drop off the Top 20 within the next couple of weeks. My money's on the latter, but we'll see.

Zelda and Nier being leggy as hell is delicious.

Why is 3DS still up YoY?

Honestly? I'd say it's down to the catalogue being a deep pool at this point, given the software in the top 20 as well. In particular, Sun/Moon and Super Mario Maker are encouraging people to buy even months after their initial release.

boltpower

Neo Member
Happy with the sales of Ys. Now to wait for the Steam release.

What do you think will happen in the future for Ys if there is no Vita2? PSx/Steam? Or maybe moving to multiplatform like Marvelous PSx/Switch, with a late port to Steam?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So did Gears of War 4 fail to chart?. It should have came out May 25th which gives it three days. I can see the Japanese version on Amazon.co.jp. Is this significant or did everyone expect an Xbox game not to chart?.
Xbox is irrelevant to the Japanese market, so probably no one expected it to chart.

Still bad...
How is doing more than half the first week of the original game bad for a late port? Your expectations are shit.

What do you think will happen in the future for Ys if there is no Vita2? PSx/Steam? Or maybe moving to multiplatform like Marvelous PSx/Switch, with a late port to Steam?
I'd say PS/Switch is the way they'll play it. Late ports for Steam since they ignore the PC market in Japan.

rhandino

Banned
Code:
03./00. [NSW] Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers <FTG> (Capcom) {2017.05.26} (¥4.990) - 16.404 / NEW

Code:
04./00. [PS4] Street Fighter V # <FTG> (Capcom) {2016.02.18} (¥7.990) - 41.990 / NEW

The trash port of that game sold like 40% of a brand new game on a bigger install base...

What in the world!? And more importantly, why are people buying the game at that price!!??

X_X

E-phonk

Banned
To be honest, I never expected Zelda to have that much legs.

Almost no one did. Most predicted it somewhere in the 300-500k range lifetime for JPN before switch release.
Many thought Horizon would outsell it before march. Don't know where horizon is now, but nowhere near what Zelda is doing.

Fiendcode

Falcom seems pretty resistant to supporting Nintendo platforms at all. I'd almost expect Xbox support first.

Alrus

Okay what kind of insane expectations did you guys have for USFII it's a trash port that is selling for an absolutely stupid price, I thought it would sell less than 10k FW. Some of you need to get those in check quickly or you're going to be disappointed by Arms first week.

And Ys did pretty good for the series, considering it's a late port.

Oregano

Sen No Kiseki already shows their plans, PS4 only(in Japan).

Code:
03./00. [NSW] Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers <FTG> (Capcom) {2017.05.26} (¥4.990) - 16.404 / NEW

Code:
04./00. [PS4] Street Fighter V # <FTG> (Capcom) {2016.02.18} (¥7.990) - 41.990 / NEW

The trash port of that game sold like 40% of a brand new game on a bigger install base...

What in the world!? And more importantly, why are people buying the game at that price!!??

X_X

lol

Tonton

Ideally they'd make their games Switch/PS4 in their home market with a PC version in Western release
But they haven't really been on Nintendo in a really long time so who knows if they'll actually make the move to Switch

Sen no Kiseki III will be the first show of what a PS4 only future would be for Falcom and if the drop is too severe there I can't see them having much of a choice

But Falcom were making PC only games until like 2008 so who knows Kondo might just be crazy

GunBR

Code:

Code:

X_X
During the first months of any console people always buy anything

Just look at Bomberman. The game was good, but it sold way more than everyone could expect for a full priced Bomberman

L~A

They did have one Ys (V) on the SNES, the only game they developed themselves for a Nintendo platform iirc. Some other games made it too, but they were all ported by other companies (and many of them were notoriously bad, like the DS games).

Fake edit: yup, that one and Popful Mail as Fiendcode mentioned. They've never been fond of Nintendo platforms for some reasons, ha ha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom

07./04. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.27} (¥5.700) - 6.515 / 152.923 (-13%)

Already 150k, 200k in a couple of weeks. Guess it'll end up between 250-300k LTD, depending on how strong sales are during holidays.

dannie

Pls count me one more sales of the SF2, because i buy it at eshop digtialy
This game is just better to have digtail verson pick up and play

mao2

Boy, that made me chuckle a couple of times already.

*chuckle*

Damn it, again. That makes 6 chuckles.
#Teamcouplemeanstwo

Sure, but it was also on more than just PS4 at retail, and was a good year ago.
The PS3 retail version of Revelator sold like 9K copies. And Revelator sold less than Sign which was released a year before. Surely you can't expect Rev2 to do nearly as well as its base game, especially since you already know that an affordable digital upgrade option is available?

E-phonk

Banned
What's the gaf average prediction for Arms?

Some june predictions from previous MC thread - went through 3 pages and got this:
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 87k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 120k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 125k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 130k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 135k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 136k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 136k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 150k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 180k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 200k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 210k
[NSW] Arms (10 days) - 262k

So I'd say 135k'ish is the average and most common. That would mean about 92k on release and a 55% drop for week 2.
A lot will depend on how much hardware they can ship that week.

boltpower

Neo Member
Ideally they'd make their games Switch/PS4 in their home market with a PC version in Western release
But they haven't really been on Nintendo in a really long time so who knows if they'll actually make the move to Switch

Sen no Kiseki III will be the first show of what a PS4 only future would be for Falcom and if the drop is too severe there I can't see them having much of a choice

But Falcom were making PC only games until like 2008 so who knows Kondo might just be crazy

Well the more platforms the better. But I expect if the move, they will be the last third paty japanese developers to go a Nintendo platform.

About Arms predictions, maybe 130k fw?

Swordy

NieR just won't quit.

THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE. THIS WILL CONTINUE.

Boy, that made me chuckle a couple of times already.

*chuckle*

Damn it, again. That makes 6 chuckles.

Under-rated post ;)

Was expecting Ys VIII to be in the 10k range at best so very happy with this result

Do we know how the Vita LTD compares with SEVEN and Celceta?

Memories of Celceta was 67k before the budget re-release. Lacrimosa of Dana reached 69k on Vita before it fell out of Media Create tracking (i.e. it'll be higher than that now).

I don't have Ys Seven LTD to hand. It's 70k on Japanltdrank (Famitsu numbers) for what it's worth.

02./00. [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2016.07.21} (¥6.800) - 43.753 / NEW
01./00. [PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2017.05.25} (¥6.800) - 27.741 / NEW

04./00. [PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2012.09.27} (¥7.140) - 42.146 / NEW

09./00. [PSP] Ys Seven (Nihon Falcom) - 33,349 / NEW

So its pretty much on track to be the best selling Ys, question is, did the staggered release mean double dippers contributing to that or have they managed to capture both a console and handheld audience?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Some june predictions from previous MC thread - went through 3 pages and got this:

So I'd say 135k'ish is the average and most common. That would mean about 92k on release and a 55% drop for week 2.
A lot will depend on how much hardware they can ship that week.

Thanks!

L~A

Combined, both versions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild have sold 601 790 units (physical only). To reach 1 million units before the end of the year, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild needs 398 210 units during the next 31 weeks, so about 12 845 units per week.

Combined, both versions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild have sold 601 790 units (physical only). To reach 1 million units before the end of the year, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild needs 398 210 units during the next 31 weeks, so about 12 845 units per week.

It all depends on the hardware supply.

random25

It all depends on the hardware supply.

It's selling almost thrice as much as the Switch version of Zelda even at this supply-constraint condition, so it's not really a problem of hardware supply. Just maintain the current legs or even go up during those peak seasons and it will eventually get there.

Ive always thought it would hit 1mil combined by the time of its 1 year anniversary. Not looking to hard to make that atm.

Kureransu

I can see it happening if the fall a DLC turns out to be amazing along with a solid stock situation come December. Based on Wii u December numbers I can see the switch selling at least 500k alone in that month.

That said, even with a 25% attach Zelda could sell 125k that month.

Zedark

It's selling almost thrice as much as the Switch version of Zelda even at this supply-constraint condition, so it's not really a problem of hardware supply. Just maintain the current legs or even go up during those peak seasons and it will eventually get there.

If you look back at the last few
couple of
weeks, you see that BOTW kept increasing and dropping along with the Switch' MK8D jump and subsequent drops. The thirst for BOTW isn't necessarily satisfied because it doesn't maintain a 100% or even 50% attach rate every week, since there could very well be many who want to play BOTW but can't get hold of a Switch.

Top Bottom