• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2012 (Jul 16 - Jul 22)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Does the 1mil shipped figure for NSMB 2 include download cards ?

I think it's excluded, otherwise Sinobi would have said it was retail + cards. And there's to say that not all retailer will have download cards ( I remember just 7 Eleven ).

hatchx

Banned
I expect 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Monster Hunter 3 to make a return to the top 30 in the next week when 3DSxl launch.

tuffy

So Etrian Odyssey is looking to barely match the first one.

T'is a shame.
I think the breakdown is currently:
  • Etrian Odyssey - 122,461
  • Etrian Odyssey II: The Royal Grail - 145,421
  • Etrian Odyssey III: Visitors in Star Ocean - 139,576
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Giant God - 117,362
which is still pretty consistent, and probably within Atlus' expectations.

Boney

Banned
I think the breakdown is currently:
  • Etrian Odyssey - 122,461
  • Etrian Odyssey II: The Royal Grail - 145,421
  • Etrian Odyssey III: Visitors in Star Ocean - 139,576
  • Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Giant God - 117,362
which is still pretty consistent, and probably within Atlus' expectations.

Yeah it's a pretty good showing overall, but the strong first week was met with supply issues right? It just would've been nice to see it around 2 and 3 instead of 1.

Pretty sure it's just those two at first. I don't think they've announced the first 3rd party games to use them.

Here in the states they talked about KH3D, CV and I think Scribblenauts would be joining as downloadable titles. There's a slide from the E3 presser.

duckroll

Yeah it's a pretty good showing overall, but the strong first week was met with supply issues right? It just would've been nice to see it around 2 and 3 instead of 1.

You think it's going to completely stop selling after this? It'll probably be relatively close to EO3, but I don't see it getting anywhere close to EO2. EO2 got a good boost from people who missed out of EO1 and wanted to check it out to see what the buzz was about.

Takao

Banned
Here in the states they talked about KH3D, CV and I think Scribblenauts would be joining as downloadable titles. There's a slide from the E3 presser.

That doesn't mean they'll have download cards at retail, which is what Anth0ny was looking for.

You think it's going to completely stop selling after this? It'll probably be relatively close to EO3, but I don't see it getting anywhere close to EO2. EO2 got a good boost from people who missed out of EO1 and wanted to check it out to see what the buzz was about.

Not that 6k is such a huge amount of copies.

Is Sony offering these download cards for any Vita games? It seems like the perfect way to get at the less DD friendly Japanese culture without ending up with sellouts that kill games with the used market.

Edit: Anyone who's actually living in Japan, what is the current perception of these things? Worth getting for a cheaper pricepoint? On the other hand it ties your games to a system and the used market is certainly prevalent

Boney

Banned

10k more at best. It obviously won't have a sales curve like EO1, and I don't think it being on a new hardware will do any good (or bad) for it's legs.

Obviously hardcore dungeon crawling games are gonna have a low cieling in regards of sales, but perhaps the inclusion of easy mode and the demo would've been able to push it around a slightly bit more.

I mean it's just a mild personal dissapointment, because as tuffy said, it's probably in line with Atlus expectations.

matmanx1

Great first week for Rune Factory but I expected as much after Rune Factory 3 being sooo good and Harvest Moon having a strong showing on the 3DS. I loved RF 3 and can't wait to try 4.

Power Pro Baseball tanked really hard. Has anyone put forth any explanations as to why? How were the reviews for the product?

3rd week results:

Etrian Odyssey II: 9,816 / 118,007
Etrian Odyssey III: 7,697 / 119,760
Etrian Odyssey IV: - 5.739 / 117.102

LTD-wise EOIV is pretty much in line with both II and III as of week 3. The weekly sales are lower, but that may just be because of the higher debut. Overall I don't see it sell significantly more or less than II and III.

Boost from EO1 I meant. It's obvious it peaked from the buzz around EO1, and then it slipped down after that once everyone who was interested checked the games out.

Sorry, I was referring to:

It'll probably be relatively close to EO3, but I don't see it getting anywhere close to EO2

II and III have just 6k of difference, so if it's close to III it won't be so far from II. I think it will reach the 130k mark, btw.

Gradivus

3rd week results:

LTD-wise EOIV is pretty much in line with both II and III as of week 3. The weekly sales are lower, but that may just be because of the higher debut. Overall I don't see it sell significantly more or less than II and III.

Doing decent enough when compared to the previous titles. I could see it reaching near EO2&3's numbers.

Boerseun

Banned
They really need to do digital PAL releases of Etrian Odyssey 2 - 4 when the eShop starts supporting full-price download titles. It's clear we're never getting boxed units ever.

Nekki

3rd week results:

Those are pretty good figures. It looks like EO has a fanbase that is here to stay, which is good to know since i think it is a fantastic series (even though i never finished the first game lol)

np319.jpg

It begins.
I said WOW O_O

Really glad to see Kirby Collection do so well

Next week is going to be scary, combined might of 3DSLL, Oni Training, and NSMB2 everyone take cover.

Maybe someone should write a short FAQ to address certain questions. General stuff like why MC and Famitsu numbers can (and always will) differ from each other or more contemporary things think like if download cards from Nintendo will be tracked.

chris3116

Maybe someone should write a short FAQ to address certain questions. General stuff like why MC and Famitsu numbers can (and always will) differ from each other or more contemporary things think like if download cards from Nintendo will be tracked.

I ask a question about that a couple weeks ago on this thread. What are the differences between MC and Famitsu? People said that they are both reliable and there's not much differences between them.

I think something like that should be useful.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
3rd week results:

I agree.

Frillen

Does anyone remember the Yahoo daily sales? I remember I posted them on the IGN Boards for a year or so pretty much every day. Then Yahoo stopped posting them. Think it was around 2005 or 2006.

What does this mean? Sorry, english isn't my 1st language. I was just curious of which accurate prediction you made.

al·ba·tross/ˈalbəˌtrôs/
Noun:
1) A large oceanic bird (genera Diomedea and Phoebetria, family Diomedeidae) whose long narrow wings may span greater than 10 feet (3.3 m)....
2) A source of frustration; an encumbrance (in allusion to Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner).

test_account

XP-39C²
al·ba·tross/ˈalbəˌtrôs/
Noun:
1) A large oceanic bird (genera Diomedea and Phoebetria, family Diomedeidae) whose long narrow wings may span greater than 10 feet (3.3 m)....
2) A source of frustration; an encumbrance (in allusion to Coleridge's The Rime of the Ancient Mariner).
I see, thanks. I guess you cant go wrong with that prediction since anything would probably be a source of frustration for someone hehe :) But on a more serious note, i guess that you mean for Sony specifically. I wonder how much of a frustration it is for them at this point.

I understand why Nintendo and other companies are pushing for a DD future. They can save money on materials cost, shipping costs etc. But consumers aren't going to adopt if the savings aren't passed on to them.

Nekki

For anybody who cares (i did lol): Super Mario All Stars for the Wii opened at 300k, went on to sell 916k, according to Garaph.

I understand why Nintendo and other companies are pushing for a DD future. They can save money on materials cost, shipping costs etc. But consumers aren't going to adopt if the savings aren't passed on to them.

Mario and Demon Training are cheaper buying the card. I imagine this will also be the case in America. Nintendo on the other hand will not sell the games on the E-shop for less than retail MSRP because it would undercut them and the whole point of this initiative is for everyone to be happy.

Top Bottom