• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2011 (Aug 15 - Aug 21)

Sennorin said:
I wonder what that footage is going to be like. You´d think SE would prefer to show off the first look at their big game at some special event.

The logo... An artwork... And stop. Ah ah!

Anyway I heard that the Collection will have brand new animated videos (such as opening, ending), which may convince fans to buy it (they'll do in any case I know).

test_account said:
Will a new Vita game be announced tomorrow (Wedensday) in Famitsu? Or is it already known which game it is?
The leak should happen later tonight. We have no idea what the game is. Maybe Persona 4 Vita.

[Nintex]

Chris1964 said:
If Nintendo really goes only 3DS at this conference I think they will show something for the other consoles, even if they are only videos.

2007 / 2007 Summary
2009: skipped
I'm leaning towards a bit of Wii U since they haven't shown it in Japan yet but certainly a new Zelda Skyward Sword trailer.

They might not show it at the event itself but simply throw up on the web on the same day.

wait a minute:

nintendo announces a big 3DS game on sept 10-ish
DQ collection releases sept. 19 with DQX footage

that has to be it?!

Diprosalic said:
wait a minute:

nintendo announces a big 3DS game on sept 10-ish
DQ collection releases sept. 19 with DQX footage

that has to be it?!

Haha. No.
It's been confirmed dozens of times that it's for Wii.

Chris1964 said:
If Nintendo really goes only 3DS at this conference I think they will show something for the other consoles, even if they are only videos.

2007 / 2007 Summary
2009: skipped
2007 was epic in terms of everything anounced. I imagine there'd at least be some focus on Kirby, Zelda and possibly DQX for Wii. I don't know why they'd miss out on that opportunity and maybe a regurtation of Wii U stuff at E3 since Japan never got a chance to experience the system.

Sennorin

Banned
AceBandage said:
Haha. No.
It's been confirmed dozens of times that it's for Wii.

As I said in the pre-TGS conference thread: While DQ10 will be a Wii-game, I think it´s possible that it might become a double-release, allowing users to play together between home console- and handheld-version, and also allowing owners of both versions to take their save game from the big screen to the mobile device and vice-versa. I´d like that.

01./00. [PS3] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. / NEW
02./00. [PSP] Black ★ Rock Shooter: THE GAME / NEW
03./00. [PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Shin Gihren no Yabou / NEW
04./00. [PS3] Sengoku Musou 3: Empires / NEW
05./00. [PSP] Dynasty Warriors 6: Special / NEW
06./01. [WII] Everyone's Rhythm Heaven
07./02. [PSP] Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Airu Village G
08./04. [NDS] Kirby Mass Attack
09./03. [3DS] Pokemon Scramble Blast
10./07. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
electroplankton said:
1. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver.
2. Black Rock Shooter ★
3. Mobile Suit Gundam: Ambition of the new Gillen
4. Sengoku Musou 3 EMPIRES
5. Dinasty Warriors 6 Special
6. Everyone's Rhythm Heaven
7. Monster Hunter Diary Village G
8. Kirby Mass Attack
9. Pokemon Scramble Blast
10. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

So...Zelda at 15k, or even around 20k again?
It's already surprising it is still in top10 despite 5 new games in charts IMHO

How many new entries Sony-related... Except MH and maybe BRS, I think numbers are quite low overall. Anyway, it's a good sign to see Zelda in the top10 again, even if I would have expected higher sales for Pokémon.

Takao

Banned
electroplankton said:
How many new entries Sony-related... Except MH and maybe BRS, I think numbers are quite low overall. Anyway, it's a good sign to see Zelda in the top10 again, even if I would have expected higher sales for Pokémon.

Top 5 are all PS3 and PSP games.

Dragon

Banned
Truth101 said:
3DS software actually selling good now that the system has had a price drop. Who would have thought.

I'm sure it's helped but I didn't see any numbers next to those games, just their ranking, so it's hard to figure out how much they actually sold this week anyway :).

TheBranca18 said:
I'm sure it's helped but I didn't see any numbers next to those games, just their ranking, so it's hard to figure out how much they actually sold this week anyway :).

True, but we have to consider that Zelda is a two months old game and the fact that it's still in the top 10 is remarkable. Pokémon is disappointing instead.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
electroplankton said:
Pokémon is disappointing instead.
It is? How much do minor Pokemon spin offs usually sell? How did the first Scramble do? Which was downloadable at that, and they're selling this thing retail...

Truth101

Banned
Alextended said:
It is? How much do minor Pokemon spin offs usually sell? How did the first Scramble do? Which was downloadable at that, and they're selling this thing retail...

It's actually doing in-line with expectations if not a little better. Though for the life of my I can't recall its initial shipment.

Akkad

Banned
electroplankton said:
True, but we have to consider that Zelda is a two months old game and the fact that it's still in the top 10 is remarkable. Pokémon is disappointing instead.

Well, how many good games does the 3DS have?

Alextended said:

Obviously it's in my opinion :)
I compared Scramble with Dash (another Ambrella Pokémon spin-off, released along the DS) and it seems it's dropping faster, but Dash had Christmas and started lower... Anyway, I would have expected a stronger persistance, but we'll see this week numbers!

test_account

XP-39C²
French said:
Ok, thanks for the info :) (sorry for the late reply here).

Fularu said:
More than either the DS or PSP in the same timeframe

What's your point?
His point is probably that Zelda is one of the few "stand out" games on the 3DS, so it is not that strange that it sells good, and especially not after the big 3DS hardware bump.

Mrbob

Nearly 300K for another MH3 release? Good grief. Back scene battles for locking up the next monster hunter have to be furious between Sony and Nintendo.

Also what is Black Rock Shooter?

Alexios

Mrbob said:
Nearly 300K for another MH3 release? Good grief.
Well, even Monster Hunter G did 131k first week on Wii, and that was an ancient game ported in anticipation of a new release, not the latest game on a different platform...

Alexios

C_H_T said:
Monster Hunter Tri
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Based on and expanded from Monster Hunter Tri)
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver.
It's the 2nd release, even if you falsely consider it the same despite the vast differences (missing monsters, new monsters, no underwater features, all different village and some other areas, felynes instead of cha cha, no story, all weapon types return with changes to how they work rather than keeping all their Tri innovations, etc) it's still not unprecedented for the series as the PSP games were ports to begin with and had things like the G iterations that all sold great.

Spiegel

Alextended said:
Well, even Monster Hunter G did like 130k first week on Wii, and that was a port of an ancient game in anticipation of a new release, not the latest most up to date game on a different platform...

MHG had a demo of MHTri and MHP3 has sold 4.5M already.

287k is a very high first week number. It will probably sell >500k and that's half of what Tri did LTD.

test_account

XP-39C²
C_H_T said:
Monster Hunter Tri
Tri and Portable 3rd isnt really the same game though.

EDIT: Alextended already mentioned it :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So how long before Japan suffers from MH fatigue? Capcom is going all Kotick with the franchise.

Alexios

Spiegel said:
MHG had a demo of MHTri and MHP3 has sold 4.5M already.
I don't think the demo means much, and the PSP already had a port of G at the time too, as well as a port of its sequel by then, with the success they had.

Oh, and the second game's expansion was already out too, for like 1-2 years or something.

Monster Hunter Portable is a port of G, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd is a port of Monster Hunter 2, Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G is that game much expanded.

Portable 3rd likely has more differences than 2nd does against 2nd G, it's a different and the latest game.

So, yes, G was very much outdated and outclassed at the time by 3 newer iterations (including its enhanced port to the PSP) while 3rd isn't.

Monster Hunter G on Wii also has fees for the online mode (I think it's still running, though they shut down the PS2 servers).

Spiegel

Alextended said:
I don't think the demo means much, and the PSP already had a port of G at the time too, as well as a port of its sequel by then, with the success they had.

My point is that MHP3HD has sold better than most expected and if it ends at least at half of what Tri did it would be an amazing success.

Adding the two versions, MHP3 will surely sell >5M in Japan and that's incredible for a third party game in Japan.

Alextended said:
Well, even Monster Hunter G did 131k first week on Wii, and that was an ancient game ported in anticipation of a new release, not the latest game on a different platform...

Oh, must've been thinking of MHG Wii's LTD then.

C_H_T said:
Monster Hunter Tri

MH3P is not the same as Tri.

Alextended said:
It's the 2nd release, even if you falsely consider it the same despite the vast differences (missing monsters, new monsters, no underwater features, all different village and some other areas, felynes instead of cha cha, no story, all weapon types return with changes to how they work rather than keeping all their Tri innovations, etc) it's still not unprecedented for the series as the PSP games were ports to begin with and had things like the G iterations that all sold great.

Pretty much. The console and handheld games are considered to be separate series, even though the handheld games borrow a lot from their console counterparts. Which is why...

Jinfash said:
So how long before Japan suffers from MH fatigue? Capcom is going all Kotick with the franchise.

this will not happen. There have been 3 fully fledged handheld games and 3 fully fledged console games since 2004, with few ports between platforms. Each game in the series also introduced substantial gameplay changes. Hardly the same situation as Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk or COD.

Top Bottom