• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2017 (Aug 28 - Sep 03)

L~A

Apparently Xenoverse 2 for Switch is selling really well.

Package version is sold out nationwide and they are planning restocking on late September.

https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/status/906050001205321728

Huh, I guess Bamco played it safe. Still a good sign, though.

I wonder if the fact that XV2 was effectively PS4-only helped this Switch version in Japan; versus One Piece which was on every other platform under the sun including two handhelds.

Yeah, it definitely played a role. A late port of a late port of a 3DS game vs port of a PS4 game released last year.

Zedark

01./00. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800) - 84.277 / NEW <48,95%> [Units shipped => 172.170]

The twitt says >200k in Japan, so digital sales over 28k.
Someone in the other thread suggested that they may have shipped a second batch, but on second thought that probably doesn't make any sense with a 50% FW sell-through, right?

So, the game has sold almost 140k after last week in Japan, which is not that bad I think.

Someone in the other thread suggested that they may have shipped a second batch, but on second thought that probably doesn't make any sense with a 50% FW sell-through, right?

So, the game has sold almost 140k after last week in Japan, which is not that bad I think.

Amazon at least sold out so there probably has been some more shipped to some places

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
01./00. [NSW] Monster Hunter Double Cross: Nintendo Switch Ver. # <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.08.25} (¥5.800) - 84.277 / NEW <48,95%> [Units shipped => 172.170]

The twitt says >200k in Japan, so digital sales over 28k.

That seems really high for digital sales. I think its more likely its seen some additional shipments at some retailers.

Zedark

That seems really high for digital sales. I think its more likely its seen some additional shipments at some retailers.

It kinda does, but in its defence, the digital download code did seem to rank very high on amazon, so maybe there is truth to this.

hiska-kun

It might be. But Dengeki also estimated ~170k first shipment. If there was a second shipment on some stores it was really small. No way big restocks happened with only half of the shipment sold.

Eolz

So, what is the next Capcom test/quick port they could do, now that they've done MH/SF/RE?
Megaman? Ace Attorney Collection ?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, what is the next Capcom test/quick port they could do, now that they've done MH/SF/RE?

RE still has to hit the market
it will probably sell double of what RE Revelations HD just did on PS4 but Switch owners will still be force to look for another late HD port just for fun by Capcom

Apparently Xenoverse 2 for Switch is selling really well.

Package version is sold out nationwide and they are planning restocking on late September.

https://twitter.com/dbgame_official/status/906050001205321728

Is it good?
RE still has to hit the market
it will probably sell double of what RE Revelations HD just did on PS4 but Switch owners will still be force to look for another late HD port just for fun by Capcom

REmake, RE0, RE4, RE5 and RE6 portable? Yes please.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Zalman

Wondering how many copies of Xenoverse 2 they actually shipped. Nevertheless, it must be doing much better than they were expecting. That's always a good thing.

LordKano

So, if they went out of stock in two days, does that mean that they sold as much the second day as the first ? How to explain that sell-through ratio otherwise ?

First Day Sell-through {2017.09.07}

[PS4] Destiny 2 <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥7.900) - 60% (two days tracked) download sales seems to be good

[NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.800) - 40% selling better than one would expect for a port

Some stores were sold out (including Amazon). Capcom definitely shipped extra copies.

Minsc

Gold Member

Whatever game people don't really want to play/buy. Tests are never done with games that are good. If it's Megaman it'll be the worst Megaman game ever made, released at triple the price of the last time it was sold.

And the other rule is there's no end to the tests. Every test passed is just grounds for a new, harder test, until the test is failed miserably and the platform can be deemed unprofitable for any significant investment, so newer or good games are skipped and not released for it that could otherwise sell well.

LordKano

Capcom hates the Switch confirmed. They looked at MHXX sales and screamed "why couldn't this thing bomb ?! Goddamn Nintendo fans !".

Street Fighter V is my guess, judging from USF2's success and the fact Capcom was able to impressively port IV to 3DS (and sold over 1 million units).

It's a Playstation 4 console exclusive but it was still published by Capcom at the end of the day, and it wouldn't be the first time a Capcom-published game originally exclusive to one console found its way to another.

Likely won't be the next NEXT "test" but I'm betting it will happen in 2018/2019.

L~A

Mega Man Classic Collection 2, Disney Collection, Okami HD (this one hasn't been announced yet, they could at least try to go for a simultaneous release). And of course, the Resident Evil remakes already available on other platforms.

Oh, and Resident Evil 4. Let's not forget Resident friggin' Evil 4, he he. THE game will port on pretty much any platform for all eternity.

Hope y'all looking forward to Resident Evil 4 Ultra HD Ultimate Deluxe Definitive Master Gold Edition on PlayStation 12.

Zalman

Mega Man Classic Collection 2, Disney Collection, Okami HD (this one hasn't been announced yet, they could at least try to go for a simultaneous release). And of course, the Resident Evil remakes already available on other platforms.

Oh, and Resident Evil 4. Let's not forget Resident friggin' Evil 4, he he. THE game will port on pretty much any platform for all eternity.
All of these games make too much sense, which means Capcom won't do it.

Hero

Whatever game people don't really want to play/buy. Tests are never done with games that are good. If it's Megaman it'll be the worst Megaman game ever made, released at triple the price of the last time it was sold.

And the other rule is there's no end to the tests. Every test passed is just grounds for a new, harder test, until the test is failed miserably and the platform can be deemed unprofitable for any significant investment, so newer or good games are skipped and not released for it that could otherwise sell well.

You would think releasing a Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol 1+2 cartridge would be a no brainer for Capcom to make money, but here we are.

Top Bottom