• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2017 (Aug 28 - Sep 03)

Aight since we got a lowkey confirmation for a Direct on Sep 13, I need to ask the most important questions for this great little community:

Will there be Monster Hunter announcement for Switch? Because otherwise the system is done in Japan

Everything else is not relevant in the slightest, we have to focus here

You're right, MH is an important topic which I feel is not being discussed enough here. Who cares about numbers anyway?

I wanted Gunvolt to sell better but I guess most people already got the digital version on 3DS or the striker pack plus there is the steam version of the first game. Inti was disappointed with the steam version sales and I believe Gunvolt 2 has sold significantly lower than GV1.

Nicky Ali

You're right, MH is an important topic which I feel is not being discussed enough here. Who cares about numbers anyway?
Fungus-and-Randall-randall-randy-boggs-37194172-1920-1040.jpg
These are the only monsters I wanna hunt...

vern

Aight since we got a lowkey confirmation for a Direct on Sep 13, I need to ask the most important questions for this great little community:

Will there be Monster Hunter announcement for Switch? Because otherwise the system is done in Japan

I wish I could confirm it lowkey or fully, but I can't. So let's just wait and see.

I just wanna see some more western 3rd party games that I've heard of in development actually show up at some point.

Gimme dat Switch Virtual Console pls

No idea Nintendo first party things.

13th seems like a bad date, with a game coming out right after

I know one is soon. Heard the 13th here and there. Doesn't really matter exactly. One will come soon.

wrowa

I'm Airbnb'ing at Nintendo's Kyoto offices - they really need the money - and I just saw Capcom's CEO filming his part of the Direct. He was in tears while he apologized for underestimating Switch. In great shame he announced the cancellation of MH World on everything but Switch. Since they didn't have time to port MHW's tech to Switch, it'll now be a retro-themed 2D platformer called Super Monster Hunter World. You heard it here first, folks.

KingBroly

Banned
I wish I could confirm it lowkey or fully, but I can't. So let's just wait and see.

I just wanna see some more western 3rd party games that I've heard of in development actually show up at some point.

I know one is soon. Heard the 13th here and there. Doesn't really matter exactly. One will come soon.

Western third parties on a Nintendo system? We've returned to the long lost land of...2008

There's only 1 Switch game I want for Nintendo to announce now.

No idea Nintendo first party things.

Thank you for the honesty and clarity about the things you hear, it's refreshing to hear "insider" info presented this way.

Hopefully there is a Direct next week, and hopefully we will see some third party titles announced but I won't hold it against you if there's not.

Whatever happened to that Blizzard tease from E3?

Thank you for the honesty and clarity about the things you hear, it's refreshing to hear "insider" info presented this way.

Hopefully there is a Direct next week, and hopefully we will see some third party titles announced but I won't hold it against you if there's not.

what did they tease,btw?
I think the fall direct is the good place to announce DQXI switch and the western localization

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
13th seems like a bad date, with a game coming out right after

2017-01-18 Fire Emblem Direct (Wednesday)
2017-04-12 Nintendo Direct (Wednesday)
2017-05-17 Arms Direct (Wednesday)
2017-06-06 Pokemon Direct (Tuesday)
2017-06-21 Dragon Quest Direct (Wednesday)
2017-07-06 Splatoon Direct (Thursday)
2017-09-13 Nintendo Direct (Wednesday)

vern

Western third parties on a Nintendo system? We've returned to the long lost land of...2008

There's only 1 Switch game I want for Nintendo to announce now.

What game? Happy to confirm or deny anything I've heard
not really lol sorry my lips are sealed for the time being

But usually get accused of "vague posting." 😂

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

casiopao

Umm whats with all the positivity here guys? I mean, i would love to see more third party for sure and japanese third party i believe at least some if not more will come in the future but, western third party is going to be a delusion lol.^^

vern

I want Super Mario Maker on Switch SO BAD.

I can confirm
that this is a Nintendo first party game and I have no insight but like any person with half a brain I fully expect a version of Mario maker on switch at some point

Nibel

Oh absolutely; in general it's interesting to see how 3rd parties like Bethesda and Rockstar are on board with this thing, and it makes me wonder what else we'll see on the system

Requested a mod to delete your post, it's for your own safety

Umm whats with all the positivity here guys? I mean, i would love to see more third party for sure and japanese third party i believe at least some if not more will come in the future but, western third party is going to be a delusion lol.^^

Well argued. A good source of mine told me that Switch can't even display the title screens of most western 3rd party games

MegalonJJ

Banned
What game? Happy to confirm or deny anything I've heard
not really lol sorry my lips are sealed for the time being

But usually get accused of "vague posting." 😂

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Can you just tell me if more (old) Street fighter games are coming to Switch please?

what did they tease,btw?
I think the fall direct is the good place to announce DQXI switch and the western localization

I don't remember an E3 tease, but I do remember this: https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/789171634242408449
Not sure whether/when it's coming tho.

I'm referring to the poster here (not Vern) who posted an image showing a blizzard after saying there will be a Kirby game and 2 Metroid games announced (before the Spotlight obviously). Can't find the post now, on mobile.

Zalman

I can confirm
that this is a Nintendo first party game and I have no insight but like any person with half a brain I fully expect a version of Mario maker on switch at some point
Insider confirms Super Mario Maker for Nintendo Switch. Bring on the headlines!

LordKano

What I'm wondering the most is when the heck are we going to see that Animal Crossing game that was announced more than a year ago and that is supposed to launch this calendar year.
EDIT : also, all these mobile games that Sony announced a while ago, including Wild Arms and Disgaea, what happened ?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We have known for a bit that more Ubi games are about to be announced - next Direct makes sense. Seems like some partners would have loved to share news asap but will have to wait for that Direct...including Platinum Games.

sinonobu

Banned
Hmm in hindsight maybe it was hinting at Ubisoft's Snowdrop stuff(Mario + Rabbids, Starlink) and not Blizzard.

Hal Jordan - Kirby
Blizzard - Self Explanatory
:)

And yes, I was referring to Metroid

For the most part, although Blizz hasn't revealed itself yet. Who knows, E3 is still young and not all the games that were on that list were going to be playable.

No. He was teasing Blizzard game.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
This direct is last window for potential Mario Maker and Smash Bros. ports. After that we are heading for new entries.

Salvadora

There's no way we get a Mario Maker port.

It's already had one.

Smash, on the other hand, is more likely - but even then I can't see it.

This direct is last window for potential Mario Maker and Smash Bros. ports. After that we are heading for new entries.

I seriously doubt a SMM will be announced just yet, and the old rumours were only reliable as Splatoon being a port.
I think it's time to peek behind the 2018 curtain a bit more, a pair of 2d platformers is all we've seen footage of so far. Smash is a contender but if that October 'world' championship is a big event then it's possible for a reveal then.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

I dont think straight up ports were ever in the cards for those IPs - they will be based on the WiiU games, sure...but since they werent launch window games it more likely that we are getting Smash. Bros. 4.5 and Mario Maker 1.5.

The 3DS releases of MM/Smash also werent just ports - they will handle Switch versions with the same considerations.

With Mario Odyssey launching i doubt they will drop Smash Bros. or MM anytime soon though..

Before Vern mentioned LA noir. Think he said a Rockstar game at first, didn't specify the title.

I jokingly said it would be LA Noir during one of the Switch threads where predictions and rumors were going left and right lol

I might get it cheap. I always wanted to play it back when it first released.

vern

Will do when I get my computer, neogaf mobile doesnt give the option to do that, thanks for answering

To be less vague, I have leaked or confirmed leaks before. Also as far as I know I'm 100% accurate still. Give or take a few games that haven't been announced and/or officially cancelled yet. I try to be pretty open about what I know while at the same time protecting my sources. Prior to the Switch release I let out quite a lot of info that most people claimed was bullshit (no Netflix or 3rd party apps, the amount of RAM, etc) also I mentioned a Rockstar game was coming long long ago and again people cried foul, and when LA Noir leaked I confirmed that was the game I had also heard was coming. Now what, 2 days ago I was proven to be correct once again with that one. Not to toot my own horn but 🎺🎺...
sorry if I sound cocky I'm just having fun... all I do is repeat and share info I hear from my sources, it's nothing to be proud of or cocky about lol. Just passing on info from time to time

Nibel

I can see Mario Maker happening despite people claiming it's impossible to use on the Switch. I also wonder what'll happen to other first-party Wii U games like the Donkey Kong games
(which sold fairly good from what I remember, but correct me if I'm wrong)

Smash Bros seems like a wildcard to me; I can see that one go into every direction

Galava

This next Direct will most surely specify Xenoblade 2 release date, Rocket League, maybe more info on Zelda DLC2(with release in november) and some reveals for games that will release in 2018, not necessarily big games.

I think Mario Maker and Smash will be completely new games.With the switch being pretty healthy right now there is no need for wiiu ports of popular online or multiplayer games anymore

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I can see Mario Maker happening despite people claiming it's impossible to use on the Switch. I also wonder what'll happen to other first-party Wii U games like the Donkey Kong games
(which sold fairly good from what I remember, but correct me if I'm wrong)

Smash Bros seems like a wildcard to me; I can see that one go into every direction
Even with Nintendo wanting to focus more on third parties for this direct I can see a 'big' announcement from them, being port or not. Mario Maker and Tropical Freeze match these criteria, Smash Bros. is less likely but not impossible.

Fiendcode

I still feel like we'll get an expanded Smash port in Q1. It's the perfect way to cap off Switch's 1st year and it gives Arms and Pokken DX enough breathing room to firmly establish themselves.

Mario Maker seems more like a sequel now though. And maybe not in 2018 even given we've already got Kirby and Yoshi lined up.

Top Bottom