• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2012 (Sep 10 - Sep 16)

urfe

Sony would have shown the shit out of them last night. Maybe there is some slight hope for Persona 5 to have a port.

I meant I'd buy the games that are already out.

I had hoped for PS2 Final Fantasy ports, but at this point, I'm assuming this is all the Vita has, and seeing any great new game as a bonus.

BadWolf

Sony would have shown the shit out of them last night. Maybe there is some slight hope for Persona 5 to have a port.

Even if there was one in the works I doubt KojiPro would let them announce it with MGR releasing soon and Ground Zeroes being next in line.

Orgen

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2012 (Sep 10 - Sep 16)

13./13. [3DS] Brain Age: Concentration Training <HOB> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥3.800) - 7.874 / 154.537 (-1%)

It's coming... bwahahaha

(I'll answer the pending posts from the last MC thread later)

disco

Tekken performs so weak! I think it's just a 90s brand and can't really break away from that. It's had it's day.

Good sales for Medarot. I thought it might underperform a lot.

I guess Art Academy could grow from this... or equally die.

NSMB2 sales stabilising; of course they're pretty disappointing compared to what we thought they would do.

Overall, the industry as we know it is changing catastrophically. I don't see much positive in anything these days.

Wow, I'm sad.. Vita is tanking, and after the conference, I see no hope with my beautiful Vita. I usually don't mind purchasing an underperforming system, as long as I can get at least 7-10 great games for it (that interest me) but at this rate...

Wow, I'm sad.. Vita is tanking, and after the conference, I see no hope with my beautiful Vita. I usually don't mind purchasing an underperforming system, as long as I can get at least 7-10 great games for it (that interest me) but at this rate...

Vita's yearly sales have been out done in less two months by a revision that doesn't replace the previous hardware. Something is very wrong here.

Tekken performs so weak! I think it's just a 90s brand and can't really break away from that. It's had it's day.

I think it's just because Namco keeps taking so damn long to release their console versions. I imagine outside of the diehard Tekken fanbase, most have had their fill of the game in arcades by now.

That's just my own speculation on why the series underperforms on consoles despite being so popular in the arcade...maybe someone with more expertise can correct me if I'm completely off point here.

Busaiku

Any reasonable guesses as to why it's performing so bad? Was it SFxT, Tekken 6 or are fighting games just on their way out again?
The franchise has been in huge decline last gen.
Dark Resurrection did decently considering, but the gap between that and Tekken 6 was 3 years.

Also, that's not too good for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 2nd.
Shame, the 1st one was good, and ended up having decent legs, but I don't think this'll benefit.

The franchise has been in huge decline last gen.
Dark Resurrection did decently considering, but the gap between that and Tekken 6 was 3 years.
Releasing Tekken titles more frequently would only hasten the death spiral. Look what good yearly releases did for Blazblue...

Possible less than 300k total?

With such a piss poor line up this autumn I'm wondering if it'll even manage 200k for December

Edit - in fact I doubt it will, last year PSP managed 310k over the last 5 weeks of the year, typically vita is doing (much) less than half what PSP managed last year, I really can't see anything that could change that even slightly

Busaiku

Releasing Tekken titles more frequently would only hasten the death spiral. Look what good yearly releases did for Blazblue...

In Japan, the franchise remained relatively stable.
Continuum Shift did better than Calamity Trigger even (Continuum Shift II on PSP was also up over Calamity Trigger).

I've only got numbers for 1 week of Continuum Shift Extend, which was released at the end of the year.
It was lower than both, but not a significant drop like other series.

I've been thinking about picking up Art Academy once it hits the States in a few weeks, but, from what I've gathered, it looks like Colors 3D is still the king and it cost me 3 times less what I'm thinking Art Academy will retail for.

Can someone (anyone) justify purchasing the new Art Academy for me? Has anyone played the DS version?

Cuddler

Am I missing something?
Nothing really important, I was just surprised to see sarcastic comment by both Road and Chris1964 on the same day, the majority of time they make serous post, so I was surprised. Nothing wrong with sarcastic comment.

Why did I come in here? Now I'm just even MORE depressed for my Vita. Shit.

PSP is selling more? :(

Good for 3DS though, continuing domination.

I expect the estimate for the year will be halved

Considering how bad Sony is at setting reasonable goals, I expect they'll lower the combined PSP/Vita estimate from 12m to 10m when they report their mid-year results, and then from 10m to 8m when they report their Q3 results. It'll fail to meet that too, of course.

Why did I come in here? Now I'm just even MORE depressed for my Vita. Shit.

PSP is selling more? :(

Good for 3DS though, continuing domination.

PSP has been selling more since the thing launched. It's actually much rarer for the opposite to happen.
Edit - in fact I doubt it will, last year PSP managed 310k over the last 5 weeks of the year, typically vita is doing (much) less than half what PSP managed last year, I really can't see anything that could change that even slightly

Yeah 300k was way too much. 150-200k sounds much more likely if that because the system has no appealing game at all this holiday

Considering how bad Sony is at setting reasonable goals, I expect they'll lower the combined PSP/Vita estimate from 12m to 10m when they report their mid-year results, and then from 10m to 8m when they report their Q3 results. It'll fail to meet that too, of course.

You are probably right, they certainly don't seem to like admitting they're wrong

Celine

Nothing really important, I was just surprised to see sarcastic comment by both Road and Chris1964 on the same day, the majority of time they make serous post, so I was surprised. Nothing wrong with sarcastic comment.
I was wondering if something happened during Sony Conference (I didn't follow it), like revised forecast or something.

Cuddler

Any reasonable guesses as to why it's performing so bad? Was it SFxT, Tekken 6 or are fighting games just on their way out again?
IMO the fighting games market is crashing again, especially in Europe and America. I think that DOA5 will perform badly too. The fact that both games release are so close will make the numbers for both even worse. P4A was succesfull because of the strenght of the franchise in Japan.
I was wondering if something happened during Sony Conference (I didn't follow it), like revised forecast or something.
No, nothing that I know, It would be pretty hilarious if Sony revised on the low the forecast for the Vita and then tell everyone about it on the TGS conference. But with Sony you never know.

Top Bottom