• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2017 (Oct 09 - Oct 15)

I enjoy all the charts in this thread so much, I decided to share one of my own.

This chart shows how many posts in the weekly MC threads mention Capcom and Monster Hunter. This will let us track how angry the community was throughout the year.

I added all of the variations on the names that I could think of to my scraper, but I'm sure I missed a few. Even though this information may not be 100% accurate, it should reflect general sentiment over time.

Haha that's amazing. Capcom isn't doing everything wrong tho.
I mean, the Switch versions of RER 1 & 2 have exclusive content. *lol runs*

What are we expecting to see ?

More on Inazuma Eleven Ares. Hype hype. Big chance that we'll get platform and release period reveal (spoilers: Switch and Summer 2018).

Oregano

We'll get 40 mins of intros and chatting, then a five second clip of a football rolling on some grass that the panels explodes enthusiastically at.

Nibel

Here we go Level-5!!
EWmof.gif

lmao

ggx2ac

In America, people clap when you finish your meal.

In Japan, people clap when you read out lines from a script.

sinonobu

Banned
I have a strong feeling that this will get delayed multiple times.

Hino didn't sound confident on development progress.

L~A

Actual game footage (still test mode, but not just random animations this time :p)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-1UFFjMs4

(Yes, I did record this myself)

@ announcement: was somewhat expecting multiplat, but didn't think they'd actually do it (besides mobile, obviously). And yeah, also expecting delay, to Fall :p

theory time:what if this game actually started out as a ps4/mobile-only game and they delay it till summer 2018(and problably much later) because of the switch's build being made due to the sudden success of it

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I guess PS4 is an attempt to attract the kids from 5-10 years ago to buy this game? How many Japanese kids have a PS4? Probably not too many. PS4 version may also be made mainly for a global release.

I mean, if you look at the situation in Japan going forward you really have 2 viable platforms (well 3 if you count mobile). The days of DS/PSP/Wii/PS3 are over. It makes sense to target those 2 platforms.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
sinobi

Odyssey week is said to be the fourth launch (after the initial one, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2) since a considerable number of main units should be shipped. Shipments will start arriving from the end of this week to the end of next.

Nothing really remarkable for other releases despite the big number of them.

I mean, if you look at the situation in Japan going forward you really have 2 viable platforms (well 3 if you count mobile). The days of DS/PSP/Wii/PS3 are over. It makes sense to target those 2 platforms.

Who will buy this game tho? Level-5 usually aims at kids (with a couple of exceptions, like Dark Cloud and Ni no Kuni). I think 99% of the Japanese kids play on mobile and Nintendo systems. So I'm wondering why they included PS4. My guess is for a global release. I don't think the PS4 version will sell well in Japan.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Who will buy this game tho? Level-5 usually aims at kids (with a couple of exceptions, like Dark Cloud and Ni no Kuni). I think 99% of the Japanese kids play on mobile and Nintendo systems. So I'm wondering why they included PS4. My guess is for a global release. I don't think the PS4 version will sell well in Japan.

Assuming it isn't a taxing process to have it be on PS4 (lol) why not? I agree PS4 is probably more for overseas but I guess my overall point is I think you'll see this a lot more going forward with all kinds of franchises.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like another mess of release from Level 5..they really should focus their projects on some platforms and cater to the strength instead of dumping something on every system just to check a box.

Their last Gen handheld titles Like Layton, Inazuma Eleven and Yo-kai Watch.. Took off because they focused on a system and pushed it as mucj as possible. This game looks better than past titles but worse than what I would expect from Level 5 on current gen consoles.

Seems like they haven't learned much from their mobile failures.

Mory Dunz

eh, I think it'll do well for itself.
I think Switch will sell the most, but I think it'll actually be pretty close

Is Inazuma 11 good though? Every time I see gameplay I'm like....ok

Is Inazuma 11 good though? Every time I see gameplay I'm like....ok

The DS games were fun imo. The gameplay relies heavily on the touchscreen, which is why they needed something new for this game. The bit we've seen of this game....doesn't look so good tho.... Besides the football gameplay, there used to be a semi-open world to wander through and explore, with a lot of focus on story. I guess that'll be the same in this game.

Top Bottom