• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2012 (Oct 22 - Oct 28)

The Japanese really don't like the Vita... I wonder why, because there are some amazing games available to them. They just don't bite. Is it the price? Should it be a lot cheaper with built in memory and bundled with a game? Or are they just too Nintendo-minded?

The Japanese really don't like the Vita... I wonder why, because there are some amazing games available to them. They just don't bite. Is it the price? Should it be a lot cheaper with built in memory and bundled with a game? Or are they just too Nintendo-minded?

Available niche games.

MrT-Tar

It desperately needs a 'killer app', the 3DS has Mario, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest and almost certainly Pokemon in the future; it seems the best the PSV can hope for is Soul Sacrifice to have a MH style success.

The price is a lot more than the competition for a system with less games, and more importantly less games that would make anyone buy a new piece of hardware just to play. Sony have nothing of interest to anyone. Vita is just not a competitive system and its getting trodden over by the competition.

Theres no reason to buy a Vita.

This game:

13./10. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 10.135 / 207.858 (-27%)

has now sold more than any other Vita game, am I right?

CassSept

20./00. [PSV] Street Fighter X Tekken <FTG> (Capcom) {2012.10.25} (¥4.990) - 5.420 / NEW

That's like... double bomba, right?

I think I've said that before but I swear, every time I come into MC thread I do it with a belief that PSV won't be able to surprise me any more. Yet, nearly every time I'm wrong.

What's the nearest decent release for Vita? Hell, is there even anything more this year?

disco

I think we have another DS/PSP, Wii/PS3 situation here (or a Western analogy, Wii/360) where the latter console has a second life after the former with its cheaper price initially rules the roost.

In 3/4 years time when everyone has bought a 3DS and the Vita is cheap enough it will roar it's head and come back as development costs and retail value will finally be affordable to the average consumer.

I think we have another DS/PSP, Wii/PS3 situation here (or a Western analogy, Wii/360) where the latter console has a second life after the former with its cheaper price initially rules the roost.

In 3/4 years time when everyone has bought a 3DS and the Vita is cheap enough it will roar it's head and come back as development costs and retail value will finally be affordable to the average consumer.

I don't think that's likely to happen with Vita. PSP and PS3 still sold decentish while the DS and Wii were going strong. Vita is just flatlined at this point.

urfe

Bravely Default is still impossible to find anywhere around my house.

Low Vita numbers don't dissuade me from wanting one. DQVII announced on 3DS did though.

zroid

Banned
31k, not bad.

Interesting how the sales disparity between 360 and PS3 versions of Borderlands 2 is much narrower than for most games.

Almost 20m PSPs and 21m PS2s show they're definetly not Nintendo minded. Its probably the lack of Japanese games and pricetag.

disco

Any AKB48 series comparisons available?

I do agree with most on here - those Mii figures turned that game into a heinous devil title. Eeesh - so ugly.

Celine

Yeah

That's probably the problem

Maybe Sony should work together with Doritos to reach and educate their audience
Do I need to post a Wipeout Vita gif?

It depend on how much software is/was developed for Vita in those 3/4 years.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wonder what is the weekly lowest for a Sony system.
PS3 was about 1000 the week before the PS3 Slim. But i guess you're wondering more about in normal weeks. This week is probably the lowest.

I think that also the Wii registers its lowest result today.
Obviously, there are big differences between the 2 data (almost 11.5 millions differences)
Yep, lowest Wii sales this week so far.

Next week:

Co2t4.jpg

THE RETURN OF THE KING

Are yall ready?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's as if japanese made an unconscious collective choice the 3DS was the handheld to own. It's outselling Vita 11:1 this week, reminds me of PS2 vs GC sales.

User Tron

At current stage there will be no "latter" life for Vita. 3ds sale are currently more than 10 times of Vita sales. Which sane 3rd party would invest in Vita projects instead of 3ds?

Man Vita...

:(

Anyone see either the Wii U or the next PlayStation as having a chance to overtake the 3DS (on a weekly basis) when they release?

Erethian

I don't think we should be bad-mouthing the PSP or PS3 like that by comparing them, at any point in their lives, to the Vita.

I didn't say it was a great result. I just said it sold more than I expected. I was expecting something lower, around 20k. And now run to Forumeye whining that I'm saying bullshit ;)

i expected 1k for SFvsTekken Vita, so... it's a great result, f**k yeah !!!!!!!

i don't run to forumeye, i run for money :p

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Man Vita...

:(

Anyone see either the Wii U or the next PlayStation as having a chance to overtake the 3DS (on a weekly basis) when they release?

impossible to say for PS4, due to absolute lack of any real info.
About Wii U, no. not on a regular weekly base (could happen for one particular week: i.e. the lunch ;p )

zroid

Banned
Just realized a full 25% of the top 20 are Western developed games. Has anything like that happened before?

Probably. It's that time of the year when Western releases tend to clump together. It's not like they're showing legs, there just happen to be a lot of new releases.

This game:

13./10. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 10.135 / 207.858 (-27%)

has now sold more than any other Vita game, am I right?
This game is going to sell forever.

And these sales bumps are quite funny.

(...) 13.000 -> 13.000 -> 9.000 -> 13.000 -> 18.000 -> 13.000 -> 10.000

Top Bottom