• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2016 (Oct 24 - Oct 30)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Monster Hunter XX is March 18th. But no, Capcom said no port. This is just another coincidence. they're jumping to PS4.

We calmed this week with Monster Hunter in these threads. Everyone relevant and irrelevant jumped to the other thread, why do you want to bring drama so soon again.

January isn't far and we'll see if Nintendo abandoned Japan, handhelds and Monster Hunter.

It's not all black and white.

They can release MH on both PS4 and 3DS simultaneously.

3DS for JPN market and PS4 for the western markets.

Ohh I don't think there will be a "hidden" PS4 version or buy anything from that rumor.

Just saying there is a middle ground in this game. But Capcom prob will just continue what they're doing and keep the series on handhelds.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
We' ve heard for MH4U PS4, MHX PS4, now it's the time for MHXX PS4.

It has become a running joke every time a new MH is hinted, Ι lost the count how many times before I heard MH is returning to Sony

If and when Capcom decides to go multiplatform it will be the time of recognition.

hiska-kun

Another topic, at the end there's no Taiko no Tatsujin home console Christmas season game this year. This is the first time, since when?

They didn't have many choices, since Nintendo just abandoned the Wii U. They could've tried PS4 this year, but personally I think they needed this rest. Maybe skipping one year they can generate interest again next year.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Since 2008 Wii first and Wii U later get Taiko for holidays.. Apparently they don't see benefit releasing it at Wii U or any other system this year.

L~A

Another topic, at the end there's no Taiko no Tatsujin home console Christmas season game this year. This is the first time, since when?

They didn't have many choices, since Nintendo just abandoned the Wii U. They could've tried PS4 this year, but personally I think they needed this rest. Maybe skipping one year they can generate interest again next year.

Oooh, I knew something was amiss. Taiko is usually announced sometime in September, so it's way too late for this year. As you said, it's most definitely for the best.

By the way, now there's no more room for announcements for this year, here's the line-up for Nintendo consoles for the rest of the year (retail only).

November 9th

[Wii U] Monster Hunter Frontier Z

November 10th

[3DS] Beyblade Burst
[3DS] Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan: Shijou Psi Dai no Psi nan?!
[3DS] Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari: Shounika wa Itsumo Oosawagi
[3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design
[3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design Gorgeous Pack
[3DS] Lil’ Lil’ Fairy Kirakira ☆ Hajimete no Fairy Magic ♪
[Famicom] Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer

November 11th

[3DS] New Nintendo 3DS XL: Galaxy Pack

November 18th

[3DS] Pokémon Sun
[3DS] Pokémon Moon
[3DS] Pokémon Sun and Moon Dual Pack
[3DS] New Nintendo 3DS XL: Solgaleo & Lunala
[3DS] New Nintendo 3DS XL: Pikachu

November 22nd

[3DS] LEGO Ninjago Nindroid
[3DS] 7th Dragon III code:VFD (Budget re-release)

November 23rd

[3DS] Tobidase! Doubtsu no Mori: amiibo + / Animal Crossing: New Leaf Welcome amiibo
[3DS] Hyakumasu Dorasan Nobita no Time Travel

November 24th

[3DS] RPG Maker Fes
[3DS] Aikatsu! Stars: My Special Appeal
[3DS] Tetsudou Nippon! Rosen Tabi Aizu Tetsudou-hen

December 1st

[3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
[3DS] A Ressha de Ikou 3D NEO
[3DS] A Ressha de Ikou 3D NEO Beginner’s Pack
[3DS] All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution
[3DS] Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters
[amiibo] The Legend of Zelda 30th Anniversary: 8-bit Link, Link (Ocarina of Time), Toon Link, Toon Zelda

December 8th

[3DS] Puyo Puyo Chronicle
[3DS] Pokémon Nintendo 2DS model
[3DS] Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken – Best Price!
[3DS] Kunio-Kun Nekketsu Complete Famicom Collection
[3DS] Miitopia
[3DS] Gudetama: Okawara Ikakaga’suka
[3DS] Megami Meguri Collector's Package
[3DS] Megami Meguri Complete Edition
[3DS eShop] Megami Meguri
[amiibo] Monster Hunter Stories Series: Cheval + Rathian, Ayuria + Barioth (glacier), Dan + Qurupeco

December 15th

[3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Heroes
[3DS] Adventure Time: Nameless Oukoku no 3-ri no Princesses
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura Busters T Pack
[3DS] Nintendo 2DS Super Mario Pack (including New Super Mario Bros. 2 + White/Yellow Nintendo 2DS)

December 22nd

[3DS] SEGA 3D Classics Collection 3: Final Stage
[3DS] SEGA 3D Classics Collection 1 + 2 + 3
[3DS] Osomatsu-san Matsumatsuri
[3DS] Osomatsu-san Matsumatsuri (Limited Edition)
[3DS] Osomatsu-san Matsumatsuri (New Nintendo 3DS pack) [click here for more details]
[3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!!

Unless my memory fails me, this is a much better holiday period than last year for the Nintendo 3DS (granted, there's no Monster Hunter X this time around... but there's Pokémon). Especially December.

Also, not sure if that's typical Konami MO, but they have barely mentioned PowaPro 3DS since TGS. Only website update is a couple of new characters and that's it. Nothing at all (screens, etc.). Same for Kamen Riders All-Stars from Bamco.

horuhe

PREDICTION LEAGUE NOVEMBER 2016

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Oct 31 to Nov 27):

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (28 days) - 145.758
[PS4 - PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (26 days) - 69.919
[PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (24 days) - 160.583
[PS4] PlayStation 4 Pro Hardware (18 days) - 54.342
[3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon (10 days) - 2.117.112
[PS4 - PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (6 days) - 66.422

Felessan

Some news on mobile front
CyberAgent reported - http://pdf.cyberagent.co.jp/C4751/irQp/TgYI/vSVF.pdf
They became quite big and in the league of devs that are no longer "one-hit" company, but can reasonably establish production of successful titles,

Slide 25 is interesting about competition -
ou2hmep2v7vx.jpg

hiska-kun

By the way, now there's no more room for announcements for this year, here's the line-up for Nintendo consoles for the rest of the year (retail only).

Unless my memory fails me, this is a much better holiday period than last year for the Nintendo 3DS (granted, there's no Monster Hunter X this time around... but there's Pokémon). Especially December.

The Galaxy 3DS is nowhere to be seen on Nintendo's site. Is some kind of limited retailer release?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/lineup/index.html

I hope WoFF has good legs, it's easily one of my favourite FF spin-offs. Square did a pretty awful job of advertising it trailer wise, and the demos for WoFF/FFXV haven't always been the best advertising for the game. (At least they've done better with advertising FFXV recently, thank god!) Especially for the localization, one the game's best strengths is how genuinely funny it is outside of odd bits of slapstick humor. I nearly didn't even buy the game because of the demo!

Interesting that the PS4 versions did better for SAO and WoFF.

I would have thought Beserk would have done better. Huh.

Actually its more the setting and genre honestly.

Granted Uppers was an original IP it didnt fair any better on the Vita.

You said well, Uppers is a new IP, Crows is a known established IP, there is a little difference among it

Also as Berserk and SOA sales show, there is still a large part of Vita userbase whom did not migrate yet on PS4

Maybe those people like handhelds more the home systems, and I wouldn't be surprised if they will embrace Switch instead of PS4

Ōkami

Dengeki, retail software sales for the year so far:

PlayStation 3: 1.523.503
Nintendo 3DS: 8.125.264
PlayStation Vita: 4.034.683
Wii U: 1.729.107
PlayStation 4: 5.846.255
Xbox One: 34.697

Not including Wii and PSP software sales are down by over 4.6m YoY, with the 3DS taking most of it with 3.9m less.

PS4 is up by over 64% and climbing rapidly, it already surpassed it's total sales of 2015 so it'll continue to grow. That's great and all but PS4 is still not making up for the loss of PS3 sales.

Vita, somewhat surprisingly, is also up, though by a rather small margin.

Berserk Musou got the sales that it deserved imo. Not only they screwed up the marketing but the game itself feels a lot more like quick cash grab than an actual attempt at making a good Berserk title.

That being said, I though 40k wasn't that bad for a quickly re-skinned Musou but going by the replies in this thread, apparently it is?

horuhe

This week's releases

{2016.11.02}

[PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥7.600)

[PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥5.800)

{2016.11.03}

[PS4] Mad Max [Warner the Best] <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) (¥2.980)

{2016.11.04}

[PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare # <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥7.900)

--------------------

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking (2016.11.03)

01./01. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco)
02./04. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
03./05. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization <RPG> (Bandai Namco)
04./06. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization <RPG> (Bandai Namco)
05./08. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./07. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)
07./03. [PS4] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey <RPG> (Koei Tecmo)
08./02. [PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey <RPG> (Koei Tecmo)
09./10. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories <RPG> (Capcom)
10./12. [PS4] Berserk Warriors <ACT> (Koei Tecmo)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking (2016.11.03)

01./02. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
02./01. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
03./04. [PS4] Fate/Extella (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
04./05. [PSV] Fate/Extella (Regalia Box) <ACT> (Marvelous)
05./03. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)

--------------------

Today is the release of Call of Duty, and back Sofmap Akiba, there is this giant advertisement of Infinite Warfare.

Some stores have the new Animal Crossing amiibo cards sold out. This product went on sale today, and there are few units.

Final Fantasy XV and Pokémon Sun and Moon are the most pre-ordered games lately.

hiska-kun

First Two Days Sell-through {2016.11.03}

[PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 <FTG> (Bandai Namco) - 50%

[PS4] [PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) - 50% like SAO and WoFF the PS4 version is selling better

[PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare # <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment - released today, so-so start

duckroll

Berserk Musou got the sales that it deserved imo. Not only they screwed up the marketing but the game itself feels a lot more like quick cash grab than an actual attempt at making a good Berserk title.

That being said, I though 40k wasn't that bad for a quickly re-skinned Musou but going by the replies in this thread, apparently it is?

I feel 40k is bad regardless of how much effort they put into it. The point isn't that they spent less on it and so it selling badly "isn't that bad". Business is about maximizing returns and taking advantage of potential demand to provide goods people want to buy. A Berserk Musou game that no one wants because it is a cheap low effort effort is a waste of potential from a publisher which tries to secure popular brands to make the most out of it. That they put out a poor product only shows that they are bad at their jobs.

MANUELF

Banned

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (28 days) - 200,000
[PS4 - PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (26 days) - 70,000
[PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (24 days) - 200,000
[PS4] PlayStation 4 Pro Hardware (18 days) - 150,000
[3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon (10 days) - 2,500,000
[PS4 - PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (6 days) - 80,000

PREDICTION LEAGUE NOVEMBER 2016

[3DS] Nintendo 3DS Hardware (28 days) - 220,000
[PS4 - PSV] Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (26 days) - 55,000
[PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (24 days) - 180,000
[PS4] PlayStation 4 Pro Hardware (18 days) - 70,000
[3DS] Pokémon Sun / Moon (10 days) - 2,700,000
[PS4 - PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (6 days) - 77,000

Sesha

Any more of these Kuso Musou and they'll soil the brand badly. KT isn't gonna get Star Wars at this rate. After Musou Stars the only other thing left to try is Fire Emblem, since at least Zelda Musou was really good and sold well. If they mess those up than they should stick to SanSengoku and Wan Pissu. Maybe the odd Orochi and Gundam Musou.

I feel 40k is bad regardless of how much effort they put into it. The point isn't that they spent less on it and so it selling badly "isn't that bad". Business is about maximizing returns and taking advantage of potential demand to provide goods people want to buy. A Berserk Musou game that no one wants because it is a cheap low effort effort is a waste of potential from a publisher which tries to secure popular brands to make the most out of it. That they put out a poor product only shows that they are bad at their jobs.
Fair enough. I didn't look at it that way.

Though, while this is a bad look for KT I think the fact that it might send the right massage to them is good. At least for people who are tired of their overly sub-standard Musou games.

Low effort cash grabs = Low sales

I gotta admit though that as a Berserk fan, it bothers the hell out of me that they had to mess up this game to get that massage. So at the very least I hope KT actually realizes what went wrong with Berserk Musou and doesn't think it bombed solely because of the license.

Sterok

I'm not familiar with the Berserk fandom. But considering its age and themes I'm going to guess its fans trend on the older side. People who might have been console players awhile ago. But as we've gone over before older people are trending towards mobile gaming and are less likely to own a Playstation. Which means the people who currently own a PS4 or Vita don't overlap much with Berserk fans. That's my hypothesis at least.

duckroll

I'm not familiar with the Berserk fandom. But considering its age and themes I'm going to guess its fans trend on the older side. People who might have been console players awhile ago. But as we've gone over before older people are trending towards mobile gaming and are less likely to own a Playstation. Which means the people who currently own a PS4 or Vita don't overlap much with Berserk fans. That's my hypothesis at least.

By this logic do you expect Yakuza 6 to tank hard being a PS4 exclusive? Are the PS3 fans gone forever? I think it will be interesting to see the results.

Sterok

By this logic do you expect Yakuza 6 to tank hard being a PS4 exclusive? Are the PS3 fans gone forever? I think it will be interesting to see the results.

I'm also not familiar with Yakuza, but considering it's much more prominent game series I find it easy to swallow that its fandom has moved over to the PS4 in greater numbers or are willing to buy a system for it. Yakuza 5 was 4 years ago, and Yakuza 0 was last year, so its fanbase should be more in tune with those still buying console games.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
02./00. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} (¥6.100) - 69.648 / NEW <66,53%>
___

21./14. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter / Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2016.07.28} (¥4.800)
22./18. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.04.28} (¥4.700)
23./13. [PS4] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800)
24./17. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990)
25./10. [PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration <Rise of the Tomb Raider \ Rise of the Tomb Raider: Baba Yaga - The Temple of the Witch \ Rise of the Tomb Raider: Cold Darkness Awakened> <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.10.13} (¥6.800)
26./05. [PSV] RecoLove: Blue Ocean / Gold Beach <SLG> (Kadokawa Games) {2016.10.20} (¥6.980)
27./16. [PS4] FIFA 17 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.09.29} (¥7.800)
28./20. [WIU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥5.700)
29./06. [PS4] NBA 2K17 # <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2016.10.20} (¥6.800)
30./25. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2016.07.21} (¥4.800)
31./21. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.08.04} (¥5.700)
32./23. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.09.15} (¥7.600)
33./22. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)
34./26. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.571)
35./24. [3DS] Super Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.09.15} (¥5.300)
36./19. [PSV] Kangokutou Mary-Skelter # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2016.10.13} (¥6.800)
37./31. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition <The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt \ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone \ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine> <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.09.01} (¥6.480)
38./29. [PS4] PlayStation VR Worlds |PlayStation VR| <ETC> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2016.10.13} (¥4.900)
39./33. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
40./27. [PS3] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800)
41./41. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations # <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥5.800)
42./38. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥5.700)
43./00. [PSV] Saka Agari Hurricane Portable # <ADV> (Entergram) {2016.10.27} (¥4.980)
44./00. [3DS] Kamiwaza Wanda: Kira Kira Ichibangai Kikiippatsu! <ADV> (FuRyu) {2016.10.27} (¥5.300)
45./00. [3DS] Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice <ACT> (Sega) {2016.10.27} (¥4.990)
46./36. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
47./46. [3DS] Tomodachi Life [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)
48./34. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400)
49./45. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns <SLG> (Marvelous) {2016.06.23} (¥4.980)
50./35. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.09.15} (¥6.600)

Top 50

3DS - 17
PS4 - 17
PSV - 10
WIU - 4
PS3 - 2

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    593.000 |    404.000 |    481.000 | 21.637.000 | 26.917.000 |

duckroll

I'm also not familiar with Yakuza, but considering it's much more prominent game series I find it easy to swallow that its fandom has moved over to the PS4 in greater numbers or are willing to buy a system for it. Yakuza 5 was 4 years ago, and Yakuza 0 was last year, so its fanbase should be more in tune with those still buying console games.

Would that be assuming that there are no Yakuza fans who are also Berserk fans? This is one of my pet peeves, where people think of fanbases are specific static groups with no significant overlap. Berserk Musou is a game that is clearly targeted towards people who: a) want to play a Musou game, b) want to play a Berserk game, c) want a game that has both. We can't say that Musou doesn't have a fanbase on consoles, they clearly do. The fact that a much, much more popular franchise like Attack on Titan failed to take off in Japan as a Musou game, indicates to me that there is a more fundamental problem with the Musou franchise than the Berserk one.

Hardcore Berserk fans are definitely a niche and cannot be counted on, but there is enough awareness of the brand for it to have value if it delivers the experience general audiences of a certain demographic expect from it. Case in point: Dark Souls doing well for itself even though it is a series on consoles targeting a adult audience. The Dark Fantasy audience definitely exists, they're just clearly not impressed by this effort.

Kanann

Or musou just went shitty-er?

10 to 5 years ago I'm a huge musous fan, now I bought only Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

23 Years old. Both a Berserk and Musou fan. Own a PS3 and PS4. Zero plan to buy the game right now.

Berserk Musou went from "Day 1" to "might get it once it hits $20 - $15 range" as I saw more of it. It's just a low effort title, which imo deserves the low sales.

Edit: Just saw duckroll's post and it's funny cause I'm a HUGE Yakuza fan as well.

Aters

Prediction League October 2016 Results

Congratulations to:

- Bruno MB, for winning by units!
- Ryng_tolu, for winning by mean error %!

Code:
    BY UNITS                                     BY MEAN ERROR % 

01       Bruno MB     190.911                01       Ryng_tolu     32,25%
    02         DKHF       209.127                02    Jarod McChicken  32,60%
    03       Ryng_tolu    219.109                03        horuhe       35,57%
    04        horuhe      223.354                04     Kenzodielocke   39,16%
    05     Kenzodielocke  228.351                05        DrWong       40,39%
    06      astrogamer    254.327                06         DKHF        40,47%
    07         Aters      255.127                07         Aters       41,90%
    08        DrWong      270.151                08       Bruno MB      46,89%
    09        Fisico      278.674                09        Yeshua       49,56%
    10        noobie      282.309                10        noobie       51,08%
    11    Jarod McChicken 291.345                11      astrogamer     51,51%
    12         Mpl90      295.819                12        Fisico       52,80%
    13       Chris1964    329.401                13         Mpl90       57,01%
    14       casiopao     333.929                14         Eolz        59,09%
    15         Orgen      346.327                15       Chris1964     60,59%
    16         Eolz       367.327                16       casiopao      61,22%
    17        Yeshua      408.419                17         Orgen       63,82%

Code:
                                                  Famitsu    Yeshua  Jarod McChRyng_tolu  Bruno MB  casiopao   DrWong    noobie    Aters   astrogamerChris1964   horuhe     Eolz      DKHF   Kenzodielo  Fisico    Orgen     Mpl90
          [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories            246.400   120.000   180.000   200.000   250.000   330.000   208.000   290.000   210.000   260.000   321.098   211.087   340.000   232.000   287.000   311.113   317.000   194.820
         [WIU] Paper Mario: Color Splash           43.075    75.000    60.000    60.000    55.000    50.000    88.000    45.000    50.000    75.000    98.765    59.050    66.000    69.000    95.000    78.901   102.000   112.134
               [PS4] Battlefield 1                165.866   250.000   100.000   125.000   150.000   120.000   105.000   105.000   110.000   110.000   123.456   125.493    91.000   132.000   144.000   132.465   134.000   144.202
          [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush             55.609    80.000    50.000    70.000   135.000   150.000    80.000   120.000   100.000   120.000   123.456    80.203   117.000    92.000    82.000   115.511   125.000   116.457
          [PSV] Macross Delta Scramble             32.512    25.000    35.000    40.000    50.000    67.000    32.000    55.000    35.000    42.000    56.789    39.370    48.000    44.000    32.000    59.731    46.000    59.901
         [PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Berserk Musou           39.151    65.000    55.000    65.000    90.000   100.000    60.000   110.000   110.000    90.000    67.890    74.217   101.000    76.000    65.000    70.000    83.000    55.033
[PS4 + PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization  140.509    80.000    80.000   150.000   145.000   135.000   110.000   150.000   130.000   130.000   123.456   109.901   112.000   121.000   100.000   130.123   111.000   177.540
       [PS4 + PSV] World of Final Fantasy         107.699    60.000    50.000    50.000   115.000   110.000    58.000    99.000    80.000    90.000    89.012    73.132    99.000    77.000    87.000    91.321    79.000    95.333

TOTAL ABS. DIFF.                            408.419   291.345   219.109   190.911   333.929   270.151   282.309   255.127   254.327   329.401   223.354   367.327   209.127   228.351   278.674   346.327   295.819
                 MEAN ERROR %                                49,56%    32,60%    32,25%    46,89%    61,22%    40,39%    51,08%    41,90%    51,51%    60,59%    35,57%    59,09%    40,47%    39,16%    52,80%    63,82%    57,01%

Code:
                   STATISTICS                     FAMITSU   GAF_AVG     OVER     UNDER      MIN       MAX              CLOSEST BY
          [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories            246.400   250.713     53%       47%     120.000   340.000         250.000 Bruno MB
         [WIU] Paper Mario: Color Splash           43.075    72.874     100%       0%      45.000   112.134          45.000 noobie
               [PS4] Battlefield 1                165.866   129.507      6%       94%      91.000   250.000         150.000 Bruno MB
          [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush             55.609   103.331     94%        6%      50.000   150.000      50.000 Jarod McChicken
          [PSV] Macross Delta Scramble             32.512    45.105     18%       82%      25.000    67.000          32.000 DrWong
         [PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Berserk Musou           39.151    78.655     100%       0%      55.000   110.000      55.000 Jarod McChicken
[PS4 + PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization  140.509   123.236     24%       76%      80.000   177.540         145.000 Bruno MB
       [PS4 + PSV] World of Final Fantasy         107.699    82.518     12%       88%      50.000   115.000         110.000 casiopao

Not bad, not bad at all. Not gonna predict for December tho. I will spend the whole month to figure out the FFXV number.

horuhe

Media Create Sales: October, 2016 (Oct 03 - Oct 30)

01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories # <RPG> (Capcom) {2016.10.08} (¥5.800) - 248.726 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.10.21} (¥7.800) - 159.629 / NEW
03./00. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} (¥7.200) - 70.871 / NEW
04./00. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} (¥6.100) - 69.648 / NEW
05./00. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.10.27} (¥5.800) - 53.176 / NEW
06./00. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.10.27} (¥5.800) - 47.159 / NEW
07./00. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.10.20} (¥4.700) - 40.650 / NEW
08./02. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.07.16} (¥4.800) - 36.127 / 1.296.887 (-67%)
09./00. [WiiU] Paper Mario: Color Splash <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.10.13} (¥5.700) - 33.167 / NEW
10./00. [PSV] Macross &#916; Scramble # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.20} (¥6.100) - 28.567 / NEW
11./00. [PS4] Berserk Warriors <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.10.27} (¥7.800) - 28.169 / NEW
12./00. [PS4] Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration <ADV> (Square Enix) {2016.10.13} (¥6.800) - 26.832 / NEW
13./00. [PS4] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 26.507 / NEW
14./01. [PS4] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800) - 25.989 / 358.774 (-92%)
15./09. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600) - 23.662 / 161.481 (-38%)
16./00. [PSV] Kangokutou Mary-Skelter # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2016.10.13} (¥6.800) - 21.454 / NEW
17./00. [PS4] Titanfall 2 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.10.28} (¥7.800) - 21.443 / NEW
18./05. [PS4] FIFA 17 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.09.29} (¥7.800) - 20.611 / 77.623 (-64%)
19./13. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 20.583 / 905.943 (-21%)
20./00. [PSV] Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome wa Machigatteiru. Zoku # <ADV> (5pb.) {2016.10.27} (¥7.000) - 19.269 / NEW
21./00. [PSV] RecoLove: Blue Ocean / Gold Beach <SLG> (Kadokawa Games) {2016.10.20} (¥6.980) - 16.171 / NEW
22./00. [PS4] Mafia III # <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2016.10.27} (¥7.900) - 15.838 / NEW
23./11. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter / Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2016.07.28} (¥4.800) - 14.187 / 199.500 (-54%)
24./12. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.04.28} (¥4.700) - 12.772 / 456.904 (-55%)
25./25. [3DS] Super Battle For Money Sentouchuu: Kyuukyoku no Shinobu to Battle Player Choujou Kessen! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.09.15} (¥5.300) - 12.251 / 23.645 (+8%)
26./19. [WiiU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥5.700) - 12.093 / 1.484.797 (-25%)
27./18. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990) - 11.729 / 180.880 (-37%)
28./00. [PSV] Berserk Warriors <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.10.27} (¥6.800) - 10.091 / NEW
29./00. [PS4] NBA 2K17 # <SPT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2016.10.20} (¥6.800) - 9.777 / NEW
30./00. [PS3] BlazBlue: Central Fiction # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.06} (¥6.800) - 9.674 / NEW
31./00. [PS4] Crows: Burning Edge <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} (¥6.800) - 9.574 / NEW
32./03. [PS3] Persona 5 # <RPG> (Atlus) {2016.09.15} (¥8.800) - 8.538 / 103.548 (-91%)
33./11. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.09.15} (¥7.600) - 8.472 / 99.047 (-91%)
34./10. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.08.04} (¥5.700) - 7.546 / 177.592 (-76%)
35./00. [3DS] River City Ransom SP <ACT> (Arc System Works) {2016.10.27} (¥3.500) - 6.268 / NEW
36./00. [PS4] PlayStation VR Worlds |PlayStation VR| <ETC> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2016.10.13} (¥4.900) - 5.983 / NEW
37./00. [PSV] Idol Death Game TV <ADV> (D3Publisher) {2016.10.20} (¥6.800) - 5.822 / NEW
38./00. [PSV] Neo Atlas 1469 <SLG> (Artdink) {2016.10.27} (¥6.800) - 4.969 / NEW
39./00. [PSV] Suran Digit # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2016.10.20} (¥6.300) - 3.672 / NEW
40./05. [PS3] FIFA 17 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.09.29} (¥7.800) - 3.558 / 16.519 (-73%)
41./00. [PSV] Demon Gaze 2 <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) {2016.09.29} (¥6.300) - 3.530 / 17.322 (-74%)
42./00. [PSV] Norn + Nonette: Act Tune # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2016.10.06} (¥6.300) - 3.505 / NEW
43./14. [3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokémon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.571) - 3.401 / 2.906.837 (-87%)
44./00. [PS4] LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2016.10.13} (¥5.700) - 3.184 / NEW

Top 44

01. PS4 - 16
02. PSV - 13
03. 3DS - 9
04. PS3 - 3
05. Wii U - 3

Top Five Publishers October, 2016

01./20. Capcom - 248.726 [20.31%] (+5343%)
02./07. Electronic Arts - 205.241 [16.76%] (+193%)
03./05. Bandai Namco Games - 198.457 [16.20%] (+126%)
04./00. Square Enix - 127.167 [10.38%] / NEW
05./06. Nintendo - 98.682 [8.06%] (+29%)

Top Three Games per Platform October, 2016

Nintendo 3DS
01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories # <RPG> (Capcom) {2016.10.08} (¥5.800) - 248.726 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.10.20} (¥4.700) - 40.650 / NEW
03./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.07.16} (¥4.800) - 36.127 / 1.296.887 (-67%)

PlayStation 4
01./00. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2016.10.21} (¥7.800) - 159.629 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} (¥7.200) - 70.871 / NEW
03./00. [PS4] World of Final Fantasy # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.10.27} (¥5.800) - 53.176 / NEW

Wii U
01./00. [WiiU] Paper Mario: Color Splash <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.10.13} (¥5.700) - 33.167 / NEW
02./01. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600) - 23.662 / 161.481 (-38%)
03./02. [WiiU] Splatoon # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥5.700) - 12.093 / 1.484.797 (-25%)

PlayStation Vita
01./00. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.27} (¥6.100) - 69.648 / NEW
02./00. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.10.27} (¥5.800) - 47.159 / NEW
03./00. [PSV] Macross &#916; Scramble # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.10.20} (¥6.100) - 28.567 / NEW

* Note: Data is collected from Media Create Top 20 numbers. Total of Software, according to those numbers is 1.224.844 (-3%).
** Note 2: It's very important to point that these sales are not complete, and are NOT 100% accurate. Take this info just as merely estimates of what actual sales might possibly be.

L~A

The Galaxy 3DS is nowhere to be seen on Nintendo's site. Is some kind of limited retailer release?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/lineup/index.html

As Okami pointed out, it's indeed a retail exclusive (Toys 'R' Us). Should've removed it from the list.

Any more of these Kuso Musou and they'll soil the brand badly. KT isn't gonna get Star Wars at this rate. After Musou Stars the only other thing left to try is Fire Emblem, since at least Zelda Musou was really good and sold well. If they mess those up than they should stick to SanSengoku and Wan Pissu. Maybe the odd Orochi and Gundam Musou.

That reminds me, do we know what that mysterious western collaboration they've been teasing for a while is about? Does it even exist (anymore)? :p

L~A

I'm not going to argue about the state of the Sonic franchise in Japan, but I don't think Sonic Boom is the game to use to gauge that :p

Software down 5mln units...

JPN market is in dire state

Yup. That sure is one painful transition, makes you wonder if the market will recover. Next couple of years (with Switch, and that speculated "handheld") are going to be........ interesting, to say the least.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If these themed Musou games are starting to tank, will a Final Fantasy Musou still do a good job?

Oregano

If these themed Musou games are starting to tank, will a Final Fantasy Musou still do a good job?

I think it would largely depend on the approach and quality. I don't think DQ Heroes would be as successful if it was a bogstandard Musou.

Also it's pretty clear that the FF name isn't too strong right now.

Pachael

Some news on mobile front
CyberAgent reported - http://pdf.cyberagent.co.jp/C4751/irQp/TgYI/vSVF.pdf
They became quite big and in the league of devs that are no longer "one-hit" company, but can reasonably establish production of successful titles,

Slide 25 is interesting about competition -
ou2hmep2v7vx.jpg

In order from top to bottom lines:
Mixi (Monster Strike), Bandai Namco (Lots of famous IP, see here), CyberAgent (this), Gungho (Puzzle and Dragons), Colopl (Rune Story/ShiroNeko Project and Tennis), then gumi, Klab, Marvelous and Crooz

It's interesting that Bandai Namco, their partners in the mobile and VR iM@S Cinderella Girls franchise, are listed as neck and neck with Cyberagent in that list, whilst other publishers expected to be somewhere near there like Sony and maybe Square Enix are missing.

Slide 24 talks about their major revenue contributors and how they rank on the iTunes and Appstore, which corroborates their 'multiple hit' factory.

From top to bottom boxes:
- iM@S: Starlight Stage, DQ: Monsters Super Light, Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse, Joker Gangroad, 100 sleeping princes/dreams, Alternative Girls and Sengoku-enbu. (Still, their real hits are the first 4 which Cygames developed/co-produced, and Sengoku-enbu)

&#332;kami;222858095 said:
Dengeki, retail software sales for the year so far:

PlayStation 3: 1.523.503
Nintendo 3DS: 8.125.264
PlayStation Vita: 4.034.683
Wii U: 1.729.107
PlayStation 4: 5.846.255
Xbox One: 34.697

Not including Wii and PSP software sales are down by over 4.6m YoY, with the 3DS taking most of it with 3.9m less.

PS4 is up by over 64% and climbing rapidly, it already surpassed it's total sales of 2015 so it'll continue to grow. That's great and all but PS4 is still not making up for the loss of PS3 sales.

Vita, somewhat surprisingly, is also up, though by a rather small margin.

To be fair PS4 probably has way higher digital ratio compared to PS3 so that could make up some of the difference.

Game of Thrones Musou is the only thing they could do to get me to buy it. Is that show popular in Japan at all? So many characters and enemies possible in said game.

Top Bottom