• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 53, 2015 (Dec 28 - Jan 03)

Oregano

Well after what happened to Bravely Second, I don't think many people had any hopes.

Well people took Asano's comment about considering doing something totally new to either mean they were going to do a Bravely game in a new world or a new IP. Looks like it might be neither!

Vena

Well people took Asano's comment about considering doing something totally new to either mean they were going to do a Bravely game in a new world or a new IP. Looks like it might be neither!

Might as well just sell the IP to Nintendo, they at least seem to know what to do with it. :p

Ōkami

eC6XiJc.png
So, it really seems as Dragon Quest Builders has no multiplayer, unless they plan to surprise everyone, this listing on the official site only says it's one player only.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/builders/

Also mentions some online stuff, but one player as well. Also no Vita TV support.

Thanks for the numbers btw Chris, now my humble database is sad.

mclem

Ōkami;191928473 said:
So, it really seems as Dragon Quest Builders has no multiplayer, unless they plan to surprise everyone, this listing on the official site only says it's one player only.

http://www.dragonquest.jp/builders/

Also mentions some online stuff, but one player as well. Also no Vita TV support.

Thanks for the numbers btw Chris, now my humble database is sad.

Does that extend to 'no way to share your creations'? That seems like a huge mistake if so. Although that could be the 'some online stuff' you're alluding to.

(This is assuming I have got the right idea about DQ Builders, because I'm still not really clear how the game is structured; I gather it's not simply a DQ-themed Minecraft clone)

Silicon Studio is such a weird developer. They were founded in 2000, developed 5 retail games since and just recently started to selfpublish their mobile games (which don't seem to be doing very hot).

I don't understand where the money to sustain a company thats bigger than Level 5 is coming from. Yebis has to do really well I guess.

Silicon Studio is such a weird developer. They were founded in 2000, developed 5 retail games since and just recently started to selfpublish their mobile games (which don't seem to be doing very hot).

I don't understand where the money to sustain a company thats bigger than Level 5 is coming from. Yebis has to do really well I guess.

They produce middleware no? That might be where the money comes from.

L~A

That's because Silicon Studio isn't your typical studio. They don't just develop games, they also create middleware/game engines.

From Wikipedia:

As a technology company, Silicon Studio has produced several products in the 3D computer graphics field, including middleware software, such as a post-processing visual effects library called YEBIS, as well as general real-time graphics engines and game development engines, such as OROCHI and Mizuchi, a physically based rendering engine.

duckroll

Does that extend to 'no way to share your creations'? That seems like a huge mistake if so. Although that could be the 'some online stuff' you're alluding to.

(This is assuming I have got the right idea about DQ Builders, because I'm still not really clear how the game is structured; I gather it's not simply a DQ-themed Minecraft clone)

They already confirmed world sharing ages ago. It's the only online function in the game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Aren't the majority of them middleware developers though?

They've always had low software output.
Sure but their dev staff isn't eight people.

They picked up quite a few people from Game Republic's implosion which is when they started making a lot more software.

L~A

They picked up quite a few people from Game Republic's implosion which is when they started making a lot more software.

Didn't they announced/tease a game for PS platforms a while ago? Or was it just a rumour? I clearly remember them announcing something (other than an engine?middleware), at least.

Oh really? Random, wonder if maybe they were just in the right place at the right time (next door neighbors?) or had prior communication or team-ups.

I assume those guys worked on the Bravely games?

mao2

L~A

So... according to Famitsu (leaks), new Bokujomonogatari is 80% complete, out in Early Summer (most likely June)

Oh, and DoA: Extreme Volleyboobs 3 is delayed to March.... 24th. Gonna party on all 'em corpses, that one is!

HGH

Banned
So... according to Famitsu (leaks), new Bokujomonogatari is 80% complete, out in Early Summer (most likely June)

Oh, and DoA: Extreme Volleyboobs 3 is delayed to March.... 24th. Gonna party on all 'em corpses, that one is!

Isn't March just as packed as February as far as releases go? I'm not sure how much it's gonna matter if at all, but I doubt the delay is for "polish" or "quality improvement" given the state some of Koei's release in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh really? Random, wonder if maybe they were just in the right place at the right time (next door neighbors?) or had prior communication or team-ups.

I assume those guys worked on the Bravely games?

That's how I noticed. Someone asked me where they got the staff who was making Bravely Default given they were designing and directing it internally so I started looking through the staff list and noticed a whole bunch of Game Republic and some other assorted pick-ups.

Takao

Banned
After the success of famista i'm surprised konami didnt make an 3ds sku for pawapuro, but to each their own.

I'm more surprised that there's a PS4 version. Given today's Konami, I kind of figured they were going to pump out roster updates on PS3/PSV until they sold nothing.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think people misread Konami a bit. They didn't want out of dedicated device development so much as they wanted out of traditional AAA development.

They're still into digital revenue and service games on consoles/handhelds. See all the Yu-Gi-Oh titles as an example of this as well.

Ōkami

So, this is March Madness for the time being.

Games coming out on March 3rd
[PSV] Daisenryaku Perfect: Senjou no Hasha
[PSV] Gundam Breaker 3
[PSV] Shallie no Atelier Plus: Tasogare no Umi no Renkinjutsushi
[PSV] Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?? Wonderful party!

[PS4] Gundam Breaker 3
[PS4] Life is Strange

[PS3] Life is Strange

[3DS] Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Nihon Tanjou
[3DS] Haikyu!! Cross Team Match!

Games coming out on March 10th

[PSV] Akai Suna Ochiru Tsuki
[PSV] Silverio Vendetta: Verse of Orpheus
[PSV] Summon Night 6: Ushinawareta Kyoukaitachi

[PS4] Summon Night 6: Ushinawareta Kyoukaitachi
[PS4] Tom Clancy's The Division

[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

[3DS] Medarot Girls Mission: Kabuto / Kuwagata

Games coming out on March 17th
[PSV] Digimon World: Next Order
[PSV] Omerta Code: Tycoon Kai
[PSV] Wand of Fortune R
[PSV] Refrain no Chika Meikyuu to Majo no Ryodan

Games coming out on March 18th
[WIU] Pokken Tournament

Games coming out on March 24th
[PSV] Gendai Daisenryaku 2016: Chitsujo no Houkai - Haken Kokka Shittsui
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
[PSV] Psycho-Pass: Sentaku Naki Koufuku
[PSV] Winning Post 8 2016

[PS4] Dark Souls III
[PS4] Psycho-Pass: Sentaku Naki Koufuku
[PS4] Winning Post 8 2016

[3DS] Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Assassin Ikusei Keikaku!!
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Games releasing on March 31st
[PSV] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign

[PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

[PS3] Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete: Cruise Sign
[PS3] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness

Takao

Banned
I think people misread Konami a bit. They didn't want out of dedicated device development so much as they wanted out of traditional AAA development.

They're still into digital revenue and service games on consoles/handhelds. See all the Yu-Gi-Oh titles as an example of this as well.

if those yugioh games are anything like what they released on psp last year (and ps3/360 the year before) they'll be the digital tcg equivalent of a roster update lol

Sterok

Ōkami;191979983 said:

[WIU] Pokken Tournament

Wii U still has an anemic year, yet it gets two of its most notable games right next to each other. Huh.

Rymuth

But Hagai's telling us that Konami will redeem itself!

Vena

I'm becoming ever the more uncertain of Pokemon Z coming out this year unless its tail-end, and then I am going to start expecting it to be cross-gen for the first time in Pokemon history.

Also TPC/Nintendo are throwing some heavy money around this year with the brand: bundles, Pokemon GO, reprints of ancient cards, etc. That commercial for the Super Bowl is going to run them at least 5mil. I'm half expecting a serialization of Pokemon Origin rather than a one-off OVA that they did.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'm becoming ever the more uncertain of Pokemon Z coming out this year unless its tail-end, and then I am going to start expecting it to be cross-gen for the first time in Pokemon history.

Also TPC/Nintendo are throwing some heavy money around this year with the brand: bundles, Pokemon GO, reprints of ancient cards, etc. That commercial for the Super Bowl is going to run them at least 5mil. I'm half expecting a serialization of Pokemon Origin rather than a one-off OVA that they did.

I never really got the confidence here except based on previous releases. Maybe they're getting ready for Pokemon NX. NX needs to start with a bang (I'm assuming it's part handheld) and Pokemon could help that.

I was quite bullish on Z being imminent until today's announcements, but their continued silence over the game's existence while emphasising other titles and events across the year has given me serious pause. I can't honestly see them having started Z promotion a full year ahead of the game's release- this is starting to feel like an initiative that we're getting instead of Z, rather than in support of it.

Still, the only way that this would make any sense is if Gen VII were launching the first half of next year on NX, and there's surely too much stuff that they have to cover to make that leap. Still, it's very strange.

Sandfox

If Z doesn't come this year I wouldn't expect it at all and it kinda makes sense given how the anime started the Z arc months ago. I'm guessing GF decided to forego a 3rd version in order to start preparing for Gen 7 on Nintendo's next platform.

Ōkami;191979983 said:

[PSV] Gundam Breaker 3

[PS4] Gundam Breaker 3
[PS4] Life is Strange

[PS3] Life is Strange

[PSV] Wand of Fortune R

[WIU] Pokken Tournament

[PS4] Dark Souls III

you forgot :
Luminous Arc Infinity Complete Pack (PSV, March 10)
Senran Kagura Estival Version: Sakura Pack (PS4, March 17)

Marvelous also stated that Senran Kagura Shinovi Vs. (Vita) reached 300k sold worldwide

viHuGi

Banned
Ōkami;191979983 said:

[PSV] Gundam Breaker 3

[PS4] Gundam Breaker 3
[PS4] Life is Strange

[PS3] Life is Strange

[PSV] Wand of Fortune R

[WIU] Pokken Tournament

[PS4] Dark Souls III

Wake me up when February ends.

Vena

I was quite bullish on Z being imminent until today's announcements, but their continued silence over the game's existence while emphasising other titles and events across the year has given me serious pause. I can't honestly see them having started Z promotion a full year ahead of the game's release- this is starting to feel like an initiative that we're getting instead of Z, rather than in support of it.

Still, the only way that this would make any sense is if Gen VII were launching the first half of next year on NX, and there's surely too much stuff that they have to cover to make that leap. Still, it's very strange.

They already have the Gen I-VI models made for the game, so they really only need to develop the new generation and the world design. They did a lot of the "qHD" or "HD" work for Gen VI.

If Z doesn't come this year I wouldn't expect it at all and it kinda makes sense given how the anime started the Z arc months ago. I'm guessing GF decided to forego a 3rd version in order to start preparing for Gen 7 on Nintendo's next platform.

True. But without Z, I expect a very early NX Pokemon game rather than B2W2 scenario of a "3DS has launched, here's a DS game".

COMG chart January 12, 2016

01. [PSV] Kan Colle Kai (combined) - 274pt
02. [PS4] Yakuza HD - 70pt
03. [PSV] Dragon Quest Builders - 65pt
04. [PS3] Yakuza HD - 56pt
05. [PS4] Odin Sphere HD - 52pt
06. [PSV] Odin Sphere HD - 51pt
07. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders - 48pt
08. [3DS] Card Fight !! Vanguard G stride-to-Victory !! - 44pt
09. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV FINAL - 31pt
10. [PS4] DARK SOULS III 30pt
11. [3DS] Zelda Musou Hyruler All Stars - 25pt
12. [PS4] NARUTO Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - 22pt
13. [PSV] Summon 6 (15th Anniversary Deluxe Pack) - 18pt
14. [PSV] Digimon World next order - 18pt
15. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 - 18pt
16. [PSV] Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X - 14pt
17. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War Creation Memorial TV sound edition - 14pt
18. [WiiU] POKKEN TOURNAMENT - 13pt
19. [3DS] Haikyuu!! Cross team match cross game box - 13pt

since its appearance (2 weeks ago?) Pokken just gained 2 points

DQB seems not so hot according to those numbers (in my opinion of course)

I'm surprised in not seeing yet Attack on Titan, possible bomba?

Considering how many games are set to be released among February to April, it might be interesting to see how many of them will have low sales as it happened last year in the "March madness" :D

the first title which comes to my mind is One Piece Burning Blood

Top Bottom