• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet Lord Eternal, the Brazilian willing to pay $1850 for a PS4

Jotaka

Indeed that seal is a legend in brazilian game foruns.

"Everything is fine now"

Most people imported directly from US or bought from the grey market.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh God, not this guy again. We were discussing about him on BrasilGAF. lmao

I just discovered he is "famous" here for the worst reasons ever. Like thinking Entei is an entity that protects him in real life or something. He became a joke everywhere basically.

Besides this guy the only exposure most of us have had to Brazilian gamers is R E I R O M. You guys have gotta get better PR

Besides this guy the only exposure most of us have had to Brazilian gamers is R E I R O M. You guys have gotta get better PR

I had not even heard of that one but I found some weird things on Google. Was he a GAF member? Lord Eternal seems to be the most normal guy ever compared to "the king of roms"

Platy

Would it be mean of me to point out he didn't mention the Wii U in all of that?

Wii U was not oficialy released on Brazil .... knowing that he payed the oficial price for the ps4 it is not that surprising if he is waiting to pay the oficial price for the WiiU too

Nakho

I'm a member of the forum R E I R O M is a regular for many years, the guy is a fucking legend! So many hilarious threads, and on the most varied topics, like when he said he once fucked a pregnant hooker in her period or that he had armed thugs ready to beat the shit out of some other forum member over some videogame disagreement hahahaha

void666

Banned
I think it's stupid to pay so much for a console when with minimum efforts you can get it cheaper. But whatever.
It's his money. He is living the nerd dream.

nikos

Not worth the extra money for warranty or accessibility, which is how he justified it, IMO, but good for him.

Hahaha, i know him, he is a great person and even gifted me megaman battlenetwork 4! He is a really cool guy that sometimes exposes too much of his life on the internet. But don't judge him like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So wait, this is the retail price there? You're telling me that the price is so high its worth a professional interview of anyone willing to buy it?

Steel

Banned
I saw the pict and thought the guy was a 12 year old who got his parents to pay. But this dude is 34? That must be a typo right?

PFD

ijBs8ZYX4t69R.jpg

Is this a picture of a 34 year old man?

Jeramii

Banned
Primarily because of the full warranty?

So even if he got it from the grey market (or whatever people call it) for $600-1000 during the launch window. A 3 year warranty is worth the $1850?

Ok.

Fedele

I really don't get why some people are so pissed off about the guy buying this with his very own money.

The price is a joke, yes - and I would never buy it at this price myself. However, this is nothing but a tradeoff.

totowhoa

Banned
Let's not forget GAF's own innovation man, SEGAmaniaco.

Oh my god, thank you for posting this. I always think that I've read every old incredible thread on GAF, but every once in a while I find one I missed like this. Maaan that was amazing. As soon as I saw the OP I thought "this is the most incredible joke poster I have ever seen" ... but then the rest of the thread happened :lol

Died as soon as I saw the first pic of the guy's hand next to his monitor, realizing I'd read an edited version of the OP.

Top Bottom