• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection announcement leaked

yurinka

Well, something I wanted and predicted just became real:

"Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection brings together six classic titles in one game: Mega Man Zero 1, 2, 3, and 4, as well as Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent.

In addition to the original games, this package includes an artwork gallery, music player, special filters, and much more. Casual Scenario Mode and a Save-Assist feature are available for those who would like to enjoy the story at their own pace. Players can also try their hand at the new leaderboard-based Z Chaser Mode, an exclusive new mode created just for this set of games."

Release date: January 21, 2020
Platforms: Thanks to the leak we know it's coming to PS4. But it's fair to assume it will be released everywhere else like the other Mega Man collections

Last edited:
Ah damn, I hope so. I've never played the ZX games but I loved Zero 1-3 (not a big fan of 4) so I'd pick this up in a heartbeat to try out the ZX games if only to have every MMZ game in my collection.

edit; okay me a small brain read it as potentially leaked but no, it's real so yeah. I'M SO EXCITED!

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
I got the Zero collection (on DS) and found the games to be pretty brutally hard. MegaMan X collection seems a little better. You guys are masochists.

i_came.jpg

FUCK! YES! I LOVE THESE GAMES! Now do Battle Network next so I can unify my Mega Man collection in a single platform.

Ah damn, I hope so. I've never played the ZX games but I loved Zero 1-3 (not a big fan of 4) so I'd pick this up in a heartbeat to try out the ZX games if only to have every MMZ game in my collection.

edit; okay me a small brain read it as potentially leaked but no, it's real so yeah. I'M SO EXCITED!

As someone who's played every Mega Man X game, ZX is really, really fun, some people either love or hate it's non-linear structure but I enjoyed it. It has one of the most badass optional secret unlocks in a Mega Man game ever and the transformations are awesome. I really love ZX.

However stay away from ZX Advent because the transformations suck balls and are a massive step back from ZX.

blackjon24

I'm only here for megaman zero but man what is going with capcom?! They've found the perfect balance of reimaging and modernizing old series while still doing collection like this that will serve such a small niche. Absolutely loving it!

yurinka

After this I predict the next one will be Mega Man 12 and Mega Man Battle Network Collection.

And after that, if Capcom continue happy with the sales as happened with Mega Man 11, Mega Man Collections and Mega Man 11 Collections, I assume they will do Mega Man Legends Collection with MML1, 2, Tron Bonne Adventures, MML3 canned beta and maybe some extras.

It also would be nice a Mega Man Collection 3 with both Mega Man arcade games, Mega Man Battle & Chase, Mega Man Soccer and other spin-offs. I think that after that Capcom would release a Mega Man Collections Collection, a bundle with all Mega Man Colections xDDD

Last edited:
I was just thinking about replaying ZX. Hope this, with the whole Capcom Renaissance going on, means we might get ZX 3 and finish the story.

I just now realized ZX is a play on Mega Man X...

Never played anything last Z2 so I'll def pick this up

The ZX games are more Metroidvania than any of the X games (at least the SNES ones). Both are really good, although ZX has a terrible map. Both games give you access multiple movesets for every boss you beat, which help traverse the environment and aid in combat. ZXA has tons of different forms, although a lot of them are situational for environmental traversal.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
GoodPeacefulBirdofparadise-size_restricted.gif

The original collection and X collections were nice to have, but this is not something that was entirely expected and is really cool if it comes to all platforms, so more people can experience them.

Andyliini

Great! Now all we need is a Battle Network, Star Force and Legends collections, and they have released them all. Though there still are games they have not rereleased.

Generic

I'm only here for megaman zero but man what is going with capcom?! They've found the perfect balance of reimaging and modernizing old series while still doing collection like this that will serve such a small niche. Absolutely loving it!
Capcom learned they can milk nostalgic fans with remakes and ports. Few money involved and lots or profit.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Never played these but being Mega Man games I'd guess they're decently difficult? Between Casual Scenario Mode and built-in save-scumming I might have a chance. I'm intrigued. Love that pixel art.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Never played these but being Mega Man games I'd guess they're decently difficult? Between Casual Scenario Mode and built-in save-scumming I might have a chance. I'm intrigued. Love that pixel art.
They're not as difficult as normal Mega Man games on the merit that they give you far more tools.

ZX and ZX Advent are Mega Man themed Metroidvania titles, complete with hidden areas, doors that only open with certain tools, etc.

Zero is like the Mega Man X series but with an even bigger emphasis on boss battles and story.

Enjay

Banned
Capcom is finally out of steam. Once this collection bombs they'll be back to their usual shitty offerings.

YukiOnna

Do you think Capcom will gear up to do a Zero & ZX sequel? They were mainly stopped because Inti didn't want to work on it anymore for whatever reason, but they could in house iirc.

MagnesG

Banned
Battle network was such an underated gem of a series I think a lot of people missed it cause it was only mainly on gba back then. it also has good soundtracks.
My best track would be the Navi Customizer from BN5. Sometimes I just played around with the navi blocks just to hear it.

There's so much more brilliant tracks (Battle Theme from BN2) from the series but that one sticks to me the most.

Confirmed for Switch!

'Update (27th Aug, 16:15 BST): Capcom has now officially unveiled the game and it has been confirmed for release on Nintendo Switch. A press release states that the game will be available for $29.99 on 21st January 21st 2020 both "digitally and at North American retail locations".

MagnesG

Banned
Confirmed for Switch!

'Update (27th Aug, 16:15 BST): Capcom has now officially unveiled the game and it has been confirmed for release on Nintendo Switch. A press release states that the game will be available for $29.99 on 21st January 21st 2020 both "digitally and at North American retail locations".
Backlashes would be huge if it doesn't. Thank god.

I remember playing the first one, it was hard and not in a good way.
OG Zero is known to be really hard and not fun, yeah. You can expect more compelling story throughout the series though, especially Zero 3.

Last edited:
OG Zero is known to be really hard and not fun,

if you're a complete pussy yes. to everyone else it's a showstopping classic, second only to MMX4

not sure on this collection. I played a bit of ZX, liked it but there were some boring collectathon parts. would be cool to have them all on switch

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
If this keeps up I'll be able to have every Mega Man game on just one system.

Caffeine

My best track would be the Navi Customizer from BN5. Sometimes I just played around with the navi blocks just to hear it.

There's so much more brilliant tracks (Battle Theme from BN2) from the series but that one sticks to me the most.

Ye I really liked the Undernet theme

Top Bottom