• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple New Mega Man Games Reportedly in Development

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a new report from an insider by the name of Zippo, Capcom is said to be developing three new Mega Man games at this point in time. Further details on the nature of these games weren't detailed, but it was said that each of the three projects are independent from the forthcoming Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection which is set to release in 2023. Furthermore, Zippo theorizes that Capcom could look to hold some sort of showcase in the future to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Mega Man, which launched back in December 1987. While there's no guarantee that this will happen, it could be feasible given that Capcom has held similar presentations throughout 2022.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I want a Spin-off with Iris from x4.
Y-You can't!

Kat_2.png

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
11 was a very good game.
X is a different beast. 5, 6 and 7 are simply not good games. The series went too anime with Zero and Axl and all the other characters, and the design got ugly very fast. I'm not sure I want a X9 in the same line.
A Legends collection is highly overdue after all the collections they've put out since the previous gen.

Mega Man Battle network mobile loot game
Mega Man Star Force legacy collection
Mega Man endless runner on mobile

Ok, maybe one of those won't happen because last year Capcom said they were working on a Mega man game they were projecting to sell over 2 million units for the first time in franchise history. Unless it's a mobile game, but if it's retail maybe that game is one of the 3 games.

But i expect the other two to be mobile.

MiguelItUp

Everyone’s hoping for Legends, but I’m hoping for that cancelled first person game to return.

How have I never heard of, or seen this? It's giving me Bomberman: Act Zero vibes, lmao.

I'm all for new Mega Man games. Lord knows the Blue Bomber deserves some good ones.

anthony2690

Banned
I think I have every single Megaman game on the xbox, I played through Megaman X1 & X2 and now I'm sick of the series.

I was really pumped up to get into the games, maybe I'll get round to X3 onwards one day.

I do quite like the look of the advance zero games.

& I have 11 as well.

(I had a quick go on original Megaman 1 and remembered I hated the game on my cousin's nes back in the day) :')

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Oh its a rumor... and from Zippo, which is a shaky leaker as far as I remember.

Capcom is certainly making a new Megaman game. They just bought domains for Megaman 12,13 and 14. But this tells us nothing and honestly, resembles more a fool's hope than anything else.

Nautilus

Banned
It was supposed to be a Metroid Prime-like FPS Megaman game with Doom Eternal-like finishers.

I think it has all of the right ideas but the wrong art style.
Yeah, I wished they would revisit this. The idea was so good, but from the graphical side, they thought that making it realistic(Megaman looked like a normal robot. Why?), with freaking guns in ots hand instead of the X Buster.

The artistic and graphical side was all wrong, but the design, execution and ambition was on the right track.

Top Bottom