• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MEGALODON LIVES! Great White Shark found half eaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
HomerSimpson-Man said:
556965-shark-bites-shark.jpg

Holy crap @ the picture!

The poor bastard was still alive after that?!

Wow, compare the jaw size.

Osuwari

hm i guess the big one didn't like competition from smaller fry and took care of it to have the whole beach for itself.

Zeliard

Sharks terrify me more than anything that has ever existed.

T-Rex ain't got nothing on sharks. Look who ended up surviving.

hitsugi

Evilink said:
God only knows what else is lurking out there...

I've been wondering what's at the bottom of the sea for a while now.. I wonder if we'll ever actually explore that.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Blue whales are magnificent. My fav animal, just beautiful.

Sharks on the other hand I could live without.

20ft is pretty "meh" for a shark. The other one was only about 9ft long, which makes it a tiny Great White. I've swam with sharks that were 12-15ft, which was pretty intimidating, crap-your-pants style, but I was in a shark cage. At one point the boat captain dove into the open water and swam with them though. They were totally chill.

I'd rather be in the ocean taking my chances at being bitten, than to not be able to respect and appreciate the awesomeness that is the ocean.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Commodore_Perry said:
20ft is pretty "meh" for a shark. The other one was only about 9ft long, which makes it a tiny Great White. I've swam with sharks that were 12-15ft, which was pretty intimidating, crap-your-pants style, but I was in a shark cage. At one point the boat captain dove into the open water and swam with them though. They were totally chill.

I'd rather be in the ocean taking my chances at being bitten, than to not be able to respect and appreciate the awesomeness that is the ocean.

*sigh* Crazy white people. I love my pale brothers, but damn y'all crazy.

mr jones said:
*sigh* Crazy white people. I love my pale brothers, but damn y'all crazy.

Spearfishing is one of my favorite hobbies... Imagine a dead and bleeding fish trailing behind you on a leader for up to 2 hours.

[QUOTEBut Fisheries Minister Tim Mulherin said the capture of the badly injured 3.5m shark - and the indication of a much larger one being in the area - showed the necessity to keep the nets and drumlines in place[/QUOTE]

what dumb shit. so because some morons wanna go splish splash in the water, it's ok to kill any native creature just because it looks at some wanker funny? here's a clue: dont fucking swim in the ocean! people will never learn to share....

Zeliard

Blue Whales are indeed splendid creatures.

Sort of wish they had teeth so they could wreck some shit and stop being eaten by adorable Orcas, though.

AkuMifune

Banned
Zeliard said:
Blue Whales are indeed splendid creatures.

Sort of wish they had teeth so they could wreck some shit and stop being eaten by adorable Orcas, though.

True. Orcas will even hunt near their birthing areas to munch on newborn baby blue whales. :(

I usually hate the Great White but my heart goes out to that one. It looks in horrific pain. Bitten in half? What kind of animal goes out and just randomly mauls its own for no reason?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Mudkips said:
Bitches ain't got nothing on the Killer Whale.

Our sharky friend takes up a mere two squares in this pic:
2r2995i.gif

I love Wikipedia's size comparison pictures for apex predators:

800px-Giantpredatorsscale1.png

The dude is just chillin' whilst these big ass lizards look like they're lining up to eat the motherfucker.

Krowley

Zeliard said:
Sharks terrify me more than anything that has ever existed.

T-Rex ain't got nothing on sharks. Look who ended up surviving.

They are my worst terror. There is nothing worse. Fuck the ocean.

edit// well actually, the ocean is fine, just as long as people aren't in it. Especially me.

rvy

Banned
Eh, I was friends with a dude whose dream was to catch a Megalodon, I never figured out why either.

soqquatto

industrian said:
I love Wikipedia's size comparison pictures for apex predators:

800px-Giantpredatorsscale1.png

The dude is just chillin' whilst these big ass lizards look like they're lining up to eat the motherfucker.

the dude is the nastiest predator ever lived. don't get fooled by his lack of talons or fangs and the soft skin...

SimleuqiR

HomerSimpson-Man said:
556965-shark-bites-shark.jpg

Holy crap @ the picture!

The poor bastard was still alive after that?!

Yo shark, I heard you like to bite so we going to put a bite in you...

Sorry I'm not good at this meme.

Meesh

hitsugi said:
I've been wondering what's at the bottom of the sea for a while now.. I wonder if we'll ever actually explore that.
Every now and then, some new species of fish manages to make it's way to the surface of the ocean and die...every time this happens I keep thinking about what we'll see next, and why this keeps happening. I wonder if global warming, pollution, or a broken ecosystem is to blame?

Myself, I love great white sharks, or maybe just the notion of a senseless eating machine prowling the waters. I want nothing more than to hop into one of those "cages" and get up close and personal, it's probably a huge rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom