• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman legends 2 rated by esrb for us psn

dity

Plus wasn't one character basically flat-out naked (you can't see her front, but almost her butt, as I recall) & Volnutt is just STARING as she talks about.....plot or something....
To be fair, it's not like you do much with a nut and bolt penis anyway. It's just for show.

Manu

Is... is there hope that we can rescue Volnutt from the moon?

To be honest, I don't think we're getting another console Mega Man game ever again.

Ever.

But this will do, for now. It's my favorite game and I haven't had a chance to play it legally since 2000. So I'm hyped as fuck.

HatWobble

I'm excited to hear what fans of the original think of this one now that they finally have a reasonable way to play it. It's my favorite of the series.

Do I need to play Legends 1 and Tron Bonne first? Legends is the one MM series I've never gotten into.

Play the first one. It's actually still my favorite in the series, despite the controls taking a little more getting used to.

It's a really great introduction to the characters and spending the entirety of the game on a single island really makes it feel like home. You'll grow to love the citizens as you follow each of their stories while learning every nook and cranny of the island. It's a great intimate journey that MML2 doesn't quite reach since you're actually globe trotting for the majority of it.

It's also decently short and sweet, while offering a ton of extra content if you're up for the task. Here's the OT I made if you want a little more detail about what the first game offers.

Tron Bonne is a great compliment to both games. If you end up loving the characters, definitely pick it up. Here's the other OT I made in case you want a better idea of what kind of game this is.

I recommend to play them in order of release, MML > MoTB > MML2.

Play the first one. It's actually still my favorite in the series, despite the controls taking a little more getting used to.

It's a really great introduction to the characters and spending the entirety of the game on a single island really makes it feel like home. You'll grow to love the citizens as you follow each of their stories while learning every nook and cranny of the island. It's a great intimate journey that MML2 doesn't quite reach since you're actually globe trotting for the majority of it.

It's also decently short and sweet, while offering a ton of extra content if you're up for the task. Here's the OT I made if you want a little more detail about what the first game offers.

Tron Bonne is a great compliment to both games. If you end up loving the characters, definitely pick it up. Here's the other OT I made in case you want a better idea of what kind of game this is.

I recommend to play them in order of release, MML > MoTB > MML2.

Thing to remember about maotb is it's a different type of game altogether. It's more a series of mini games (think Kirby super star) where you can take some progress from one game to another.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
not to mention in-canon it's also Legends -> TB -> Legends 2

people shit on Legends 2 for lacking the "unified dungeon" Legends 1 had, but honestly I take it more as a different experience, also Legends 2 improved a lot on controls so there's that

that goddamn quiz minigame though

not to mention in-canon it's also Legends -> TB -> Legends 2

Nope, it's TB, legends, legends 2 in-canon.

You battle the Geschellshaft in Legends 1, where in Tron Bonne they just built it.

As for the 1 giant dungeon versus multiple world dungeons... There was a lot more variety in MML2 because they weren't hamstrung by a single island archetype. Also, the fact that you essentially 'set your own difficulty' by completing the digger licenses was a great touch. The game made sure you were ready to take on the hard mode before it gave it to you, but once you got it, the rewards were well worth it. Both in terms of money, and new gear.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, TB happened first?

Huh, I always thought the ship you were building in was the one in MML2

Wait, TB happened first?

Huh, I always thought the ship you were building in was the one in MML2

Tron Bonne is the prequel. Especially when you consider that the ending has the Bonnes moving into Kattelox Island, setting up for the events of Legends 1.

I have to say, Legends 2 is one of my all-time favourites: varied dungeons, great gameplay, better graphics and art style, and the final boss battle is atmospheric to me.

Top Bottom