• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow, that's some dedication to be sure... but they've probably spent more time and money on this group than they would have on the actual game. o_0

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Boney said:
seems gaf's heart has burnt out

what a shame

what a shame indeed
What you expect from posters over this news is frivolous, man.

The game is canceled. It's done.
This isn't Dragon Ball Z where if something dies you can wish it back to life with the Namekian dragon balls, this is real life.

besides, it's only like the same four or five posters posting in this thread anyway. nothing worthwhile comes from that.

Amir0x

Banned
haha the save Megaman Legends 3 group was out in full force at the con today. Saw multiple people with signs in support of the game.

And I saw Bonne cosplay and Servbot cosplay too

Boney

Banned
Serenade said:
What you expect from posters over this news is frivolous, man.

The game is canceled. It's done.
This isn't Dragon Ball Z where if something dies you can wish it back to life with the Namekian dragon balls, this is real life.

besides, it's only like the same four or five posters posting in this thread anyway. nothing worthwhile comes from that.
you must've missed my other post

even Lucas here gets it!

B.K. said:
They'll never get 100,000.
shhh we're going to get it uncancelled before we need to get that far!

The Mana Legend said:
Would rather have Mega Man Universe.

ZOs9P.png

Codeblue

That's actually a really cool of these guys. If if it won't do any good that's pretty awesome of them.

Someone get me one of those Roll patches.

Boney said:
I wonder if it's cold up there on the moon
Actually, if Trigger landed in the unfiltered sunlight, it would be around 240 degrees F. And with all that regolith, all of his joints are probably completely locked up. In fact he probably looks like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining, only with his face boiling.

/runs away

Boney

Banned
Fine Ham Abounds said:
Actually, if Trigger landed in the unfiltered sunlight, it would be around 240 degrees F. And with all that regolith, all of his joints are probably completely locked up. In fact he probably looks like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining, only with his face boiling.

/runs away
*snorts*

SwiftSketcher said:
shhh we're going to get it uncancelled before we need to get that far!

ZOs9P.png

Spiritual sequel to the best Mega Man game ever made? Yes please.

Third game in an excellent series that isn't as good as the best Mega Man game ever made? After spiritual sequel to best Mega Man game ever made, thanks.

Capcom should have prioritized.

Zen

Banned
Fine Ham Abounds said:
I didn't realize they already had some voice recordings done for the project.

Man the second english sample was terrible.

I also didn't realize the Devroom group never got more members than the Lost Planet group.

Consider though how long the Lost Planet Group has been up for, not to mention how the devroom doesn't say 'MegaMan Legends 3'. 'Devroom' being as high as it is is pretty good, imo.

And yeah, major props to the NYCC team. Fantastic stuff.

Daily likes are still holding on by the way, long after most people thought it would have burnt out, they've actually been slowly trending upwards over time. Hopefully NYCC helps to fuel awareness.

Capcom-Unity interviewed Dashe-Tronix

Inafune comments on Legends 3 "I felt more upset than the fans".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x_k3Js1zP9w

Say what you will about the game being cancelled or the chances of it coming back, but it's a story that is being very stubborn about going away.

http://youtu.be/AlRfyFt3BwI?t=1m49s

It's not just NYCC either, here's a booth put up at Animania 2011 in Bahrain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g2Cy8jfxrU

Eusis

The Mana Legend said:

Third game in an excellent series that isn't as good as the best Mega Man game ever made? After spiritual sequel to best Mega Man game ever made, thanks.

This is assuming said successor was going to be any good. Those previews were NOT favorable though.

The Mana Legend said:

I would have liked it too honestly (sequel to powered up!? sign me up!!). But the art style was not doing it any favors and was unappealing as hell. I get the whole lego/bobblebud artstyle they were going for, but it just looked hideous for this. Despite that, I'm not happy it was cancelled either, but it did need a new art direction, unlike (the decade long awaited) Legends 3.

IrishNinja

Boney said:
seems gaf's heart has burnt out

what a shame

what a shame indeed

if its any consolation, i was lukewarm on the whole thing, but this showing makes me want it! gonna track down part 1 to finally play the series now.

also, i really woudlve liked to have seen Universe.

Boney

Banned
IrishNinja said:
if its any consolation, i was lukewarm on the whole thing, but this showing makes me want it! gonna track down part 1 to finally play the series now.
megaman legends is so boss

I promise you'll love it!

Ninja it seems like I hadn't seen you in forever!

let's make a deal, I'll track a DC with shenmue and you can track this

Zen

Banned
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=186682688072647

In an interview released today in Japan, Keiji Inafune further expressed his desire to finish Mega Man Legends 3 at his new company:

質問:続編を作りたいと思うゲームは?

Question : Out of every series you've worked on, which would you like to continue the most?

稲船氏は最初に、“続編を作りたくないゲーム”について説明。それはクリエイターがやりきった作品だという。自身で言えば『ロックマン エグゼ』シリーズがそうで、もはや同作でクリエイターとしてやる要素はないと判断したそうだ。

In response, Inafune explained about the kind of game where the creator wouldn't want or need to make a sequel. These are the games in which the story is completely concluded in every corner of the creator's mind. As an example, Inanfune cited Mega Man Battle Network. He ultimately concludes that for him, there is no part of that story left to tell.

一方で、『ロックマン DASH』シリーズはずっと続編をやりたかった作品で、カプコンを退社する前に『ロックマン DASH 3』を立ち上げている。しかし、ご存知の通り同作は開発中止が決定。

On the other hand, Mega Man Legends was the one series that he has wanted to continue for years. That's why he started the Mega Man Legends 3 Project before he left Capcom, but as you probably know, the project has been axed since then.

「正直まだ作りたいと思っている」と稲船氏は語ったが、すでに会社を去っているため、カプコンから依頼が来ない限りは改めて開発することが不可能だ。

"Honestly, I still wanna make it." Inafune says. However, since he left the company, unless Capcom commissions him to make the game he can never work on Mega Man Legends 3 again.

この件で同氏が強く抱いたのは「クリエイティブを自分の物にしたい」という 思い。ゲームクリエイターは作品を作れば“作った”という事実が一生残る。しかし、それが自分のモノであるという“権利”はふつう得られない。稲船氏は 『ロックマン DASH3』の開発中止をきっかけにこれを変えたいと考えた。そこで、先日発表された『海王』では発売・開発元であるマーベラスAQLの権利表記のほかに “KI”(Keiji Inafune)と自身が原作であることを証明する表記も入れたのだ。

In this case, he strongly felt that he wanted to make this creation his own. Once a designer like Inafune finishes his game, the fact that he has made it is something that he can be proud of throughout his entire life. However, the rights to be able to call that creation his own usually don't stay with him. Inafune decided he wanted to change this after what happened with Mega Man Legends 3, so in KAIO (King of Pirates), which was announced yesterday, he put the copyright mark "KI (Keiji Inafune)" alongside the Marvelous AQL logo as the evidence that shows that he is the game's original creator.

「クリエイターにとって作品は子ども。戸籍上もちゃんと子どもにしたかった」。マーベラスAQLと組んだ理由のひとつには、この原作権を認めてくれたからという点もあったという。

"For a creator, the creation is like his child. With KAIO, I wanted to state that fact on paper and make it official." That was also the reason that he made the contract with Marvelous AQL. The company acknowledged and honored this right to retain his original creation as his own.

So Inafune wants to finish Legends 3, as does CybverConnect 2.

IrishNinja said:
gonna track down part 1 to finally play the series now.

also, i really woudlve liked to have seen Universe.
Boney said:
Man, I'm jealous of the both of you. How I'd love to experience
the sadness of waiting years for the sequels and
playing those games for the first time again.

IrishNinja

Boney said:
megaman legends is so boss

I promise you'll love it!

Ninja it seems like I hadn't seen you in forever!

boney m'man! gravijah is constantly coming between us.

okay, you know what, ill give MML1 a go if you do so with shenmue. but fair warning: 2 is the one you want to actually play...is this true of your series too?

SwiftSketcher said:
Man, I'm jealous of the both of you. How I'd love to experience
the sadness of waiting years for the sequels and
playing those games for the first time again.

OH COME ON GUY

wwm0nkey

This really is just getting stupid though.

Fans want it and will buy it

Inafune wants to make it
CC2 wants to make it
Internal Capcom staff want to make it

FUCKING MAKE IT CAPCOM!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Night_Trekker said:
I actually considered momentarily whether I would be okay with Backbone making Shenmue 3 under Suzuki's supervision :(

that is some desperation. damn

test_account

XP-39C²
wwm0nkey said:
This really is just getting stupid though.

Fans want it and will buy it

Inafune wants to make it
CC2 wants to make it
Internal Capcom staff want to make it

FUCKING MAKE IT CAPCOM!
They want to make it, but do they want to fund it? ;)

[Nintex]

Inafune just wants to troll his former employer I don't think neither him or Capcom have any real desire to actually make the game. Also the fans just need to let it go at this point or become like us Rare fans and keep the hate on message boards and whatnot. It's over, finished, done. The only thing they can expect from Capcom is a copyright infringement claim for that booth or a cease and desist letter. This is quite possibly the biggest fan screw-over ever it was a pretty ballsy move by the producer to save an already doomed project by trying to show public interest to his bosses but it backfired.

wwm0nkey

ramine said:
As much as I'd love the game, I think it would need to be a XBLA, PSN, 3DS, PC release to succeed.
See THIS is what should have been done actually.

Also re-release MML 1&2 HD for all systems 3DS, VITA, PSN, XBLA and Steam to get a larger fans base and to build up hype.

Boney

Banned
IrishNinja said:
boney m'man! gravijah is constantly coming between us.

okay, you know what, ill give MML1 a go if you do so with shenmue. but fair warning: 2 is the one you want to actually play...is this true of your series too?
For 2 I'd have to track an xbox and that's almost impossible around these parts :/
So I can't promise anything.

As for this series, 2 is much more polished, but there's a certain charm only 1 has. Both are great though in their own way.

Haunted

I completely missed this whole episode.

Dang, those tweets are awesome. CapcomEuro tweets are probably made from the crazy/high people from the E3 2010 presentation (one million troops!)

Roto13

scytheavatar said:
This pretty much. If Inafune wants to make it so much why don't he offer to work on it for free like he did for Megaman 2?
I would absolutely never work for free on a project that was going to make someone else money and I would hope Inafune's standards are at least as high as mine at this point in his career.

Top Bottom