• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

It just occurred to me that this will be the first M rated Fire Emblem game, unless Nintendo bribes the ESRB. (Also assuming it gets localized.)

tumblr_mh3wc7BNFZ1rykwzao1_500.png

sauce
<3

So good.

It just occurred to me that this will be the first M rated Fire Emblem game, unless Nintendo bribes the ESRB. (Also assuming it gets localized.)
I find that hard to believe. I'll be surprised if they decided to call the Demons, well, Demons. I guess they would localize it as monsters or something.

It's been rated PEGI 12 already. I'm guess it will be Teen in North America.

Plus, I wouldn't worry about a US release. It was part of the international ND presentation.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is two completely different series. I'm pretty surprised. A M rated Fire Emblem game now? Would have loved to see Shining Force X Fire Emblem out of anything.

So...I'm guessing I should play that Devil Survivor 3DS game coming out soon to prepare for this?

(I've never played an SMT game.)

fernoca

Unexpected crossover.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo decides to announce Pokémon x Monster Hunter for the 3DS/Wii U, in case they need "some help"; or Pokémon x Dragon Quest. :p

vareon

Would be sweet if Awakening gets a third round of DLC, featuring characters/demons from SMT, just to get a taste.

Roman

The game effectively lets you pair up with anyone, I thought.

And if you pair up with the dragon girl above (who is Really 1000 years old but I can see this doesn't make it visually excusable) even her daughter calls you out on being pedophilic.

Still Femmeworth, are you aware of some of the themes in the other games?

Roman

not two units of the same gender, though.

i mean, let's not get crazy or anything. that's just icky

Incest was in FE4 as a plot-point, not a fetish.

A major plot driver. Also genocide and religious mass sacrifice of children. There's also domestic abuse to the point of suicide and rape. This is still just FE4 I'm talking about.

bonercop

Incest was always presented as a bad thing in Fire Emblem, especially in the game where it was featured most prominently.

I get your point but I think it's just because having children is a gameplay mechanic.

sorry, no, there's all sorts of restrictions on who can pair up with who and there's unique dialogue for all of 'em. you can't pass this off as an oversight on the devs' part.(EDIT: lol, maybe the oversight was mine. Thought you were defending the Nono thing. Still, you can pair off units that don't have kids as well )

Seems all the Smash guys are in this, as they should be. An awesome teaser trailer for sure.
7/10

A major plot driver. Also genocide and religious mass sacrifice of children. There's also domestic abuse to the point of suicide and rape. This is still just FE4 I'm talking about.

yeah, FE4 is pretty dark. That's not the issue, though.

Roman

yeah, FE4 is pretty dark. That's not the issue, though.

Other games have even more implied incest and pedophilia. You can name almost anything questionable or reprehensible and chances are FE has done it at some point. Except Necrophilia, can't remember that occuring but that's a high bar.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I think I got this crossover just now.

The plot of the early SMT games usually involve a "Demon Summoning Program", don't they?

So, what if, in the SMT, Fire Emblem is just a video-game like in our world...and the SMT characters somehow activate a "Fire Emblem Summoning" Program that summons the Fire Emblem characters from the game into their world?

bonercop

the end of the game will be luring YHWH into the fire emblem universe so that you can permanently kill him

So, I think I got this crossover just now.

The plot of the early SMT games usually involve a "Demon Summoning Program", don't they?

So, what if, in the SMT, Fire Emblem is just a video-game like in our world...and the SMT characters somehow activate a "Fire Emblem Summoning" Program that summons the Fire Emblem characters from the game into their world?

these ideas are getting dumber and dumber

Fund it.

Top Bottom