• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Demifiend's shoes are the most horrible thing ever

nope, p3 mc's are worse. they look like velcro kids shoes

but no one is as stylish as the demonica suit
tumblr_mh5cn5XC9g1s1x3i7o1_500.jpg

So one interesting thing to take from the trailer: every female counterpart in every series makes sense... except for III.

Nocturne spoilers:

Chiaki isn't a heroine. If anything, she's an obstacle for him to crush.
Not that I mind her inclusion at all.

They probably should have used Yuko instead.

I disagree entirely but we are going in circles. As we mentioned before the English released T rated Sacred Stones even alludes to Necrophilia. It's subtle, but it's there, as are many many other reprehensible things. Neither this series nor SMT are for the prudish.
You disagree it's unethical? :p Fine, let's drop this.
Demifiend's shoes are the most horrible thing ever
Agreed.

I wish I could unsee the demonica suit's smile.

No, I disagree about it being unequivalent.
13 year old girl can be paired up with guy a few years older than her vs dragon girl with mind and body of a child (and skimpy clothing) that can be paired up with a number of older guys including the player's surrogate. Totally equivalent.

randomkid

Seems like we are at the point in the thread where we can just ramble about whatever then?

The more I think about this crossover the weirder it seems. It's not gonna top Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition for sheer WTFery, but it's pretty close I think.

Decarabia giving Starmie the side eye in that fanart is cracking me up.

The Demonica suit has always looked terrible.

I like Demifiend's sneakers.

Roman

13 year old girl can be paired up with guy a few years older than her vs dragon girl with mind and body of a child that can be paired up with a number of older guys including the player's surrogate. Totally equivalent.

13 year old girl with mind, body and dialogue of a child can be paired up with an adult vs dragon girl with mind of a child and body that is hundreds of years old and looks like that of a child that can be paired up.

It's not different from anything in FE4, and many other games have this. If you're arguing just North American ratings, Devil Survivor and Awakening already prove you wrong.

Chrom

I like how the OT title for the Japanese release of Awakening is "A Tale of Swords & Dragons Being 10 Year Olds".

Not trying to prove or disprove a point, just think it's funny.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I bet the Demonica is in this one too. I think Atlus is getting behind it as a new iconic design for SMT since it's in 4 as well.

If you complete it in under 3 hours she strips down to a bikini.

It's also pretty cool and definitely not gross as hell that several pages of this thread have been devoted to talking about fucking thirteen year olds.

Roman

It's also pretty cool and definitely not gross as hell that several pages of this thread have been devoted to talking about fucking thirteen year olds.

I for one haven't been arguing that at all. We've talked in the Awakening thread about how that game has an increased amount of "fanservice" and if you will, pandering (to both genders, like the bikini episode). They are trying to use a lot of tricks and fluffy content to get this to sell more, that much is true, but the concepts have always been there, themes in Fire Emblem have been always dark and ethically questionable depending on what you as a player perceive as such and have always contained mature content in the truest sense.

Gestahl

I'd almost prefer this thread to follow the Senran Kagura or whatever threads example at this point and that's kind of sad considering the people that infest those places

I for one haven't been arguing that at all. We've talked in the Awakening thread about how that game has an increased amount of "fanservice" and if you will, pandering (to both genders, like the bikini episode). They are trying to use a lot of tricks and fluffy content to get this to sell more, that much is true, but the concepts have always been there, themes in Fire Emblem have been always dark and ethically questionable depending on what you as a player perceive as such and have always contained mature content in the truest sense.
I agree, a large amount of characters are killed in FE 7, I was surprised by how frequent characters would get killed and such.

TreIII

Canas is especially random. (Post-game spoiler)
he dies in a snowstorm

Yeah...it gets really messed up by the time you think that
no matter who you set Eliwood and Hector up with, their mates are effectively doomed by canon, as well

Roman

Yeah...it gets really messed up by the time you think that
no matter who you set Eliwood and Hector up with, their mates are effectively doomed by canon, as well

Everyone is doomed...except Bartre

I also find it hilarious that you get Canas' mother in a game that takes place 20 years after the one he appears in.

Either way none of this is as sad as FE4.

One of the "wat" moments I had with FE 7 was when this girl from the Black Fang (Forgot her name, but she apperently knew Matthew the thief) got killed and they carry her body and place it somewhere Elliwood and his party could see. That shit was just messed up.

Roman

One of the "wat" moments I had with FE 7 was when this girl from the Black Fang (Forgot her name, but she apperently knew Matthew the thief) got killed and they carry her body and place it somewhere Elliwood and his party could see. That shit was just messed up.

So sad. :(

Her name is
Leila
, this was supposed to be her last mission and he wanted to propose to her afterwards...
I really felt for
Matthew when he had to fight alongside her killer and had to keep himself back all the time

Also when you have to kill
Linus, and Lloyd...twice...and Brendan once, and they all smile when you deal the death blow.
:'(

Everyone is doomed...except Bartre

I also find it hilarious that you get Canas' grandmother in a game that takes place 20 years after the one he appears in.

Either way none of this is as sad as FE4.

Canas' mother I believe.

She's grandmother to Canas' son, Hugh who is also playable in the same game.

I really do like how easily they wrote in the relations between FE6 and FE7 though.

Roman

Canas' mother I believe.

She's grandmother to Canas' son, Hugh who is also playable in the same game.

I really do like how easily they wrote in the relations between FE6 and FE7 though.

Oh, sorry, you're right of course. That makes it less ridiculous, but still funny.

It's pretty stupid though how the post credits teaser doesn't mean anything to Western players.

PBalfredo

I'm still amazed we never saw an english release of FE6 after we all got our first taste of Fire Emblem with FE7. They had a ready-made sequel just sitting there! C'mon, NoA!

So one interesting thing to take from the trailer: every female counterpart in every series makes sense... except for III.

Nocturne spoilers:

Chiaki isn't a heroine. If anything, she's an obstacle for him to crush.
Not that I mind her inclusion at all.

Even when you do, she demands you attempt to slay here cuz that's how social darwinism rolls!

The shoes are fine. It's just the bland face that gets me every time.

That's the thousand yard stare of a man who's SEEEEEEEEEN shit, mang.

I for one haven't been arguing that at all. We've talked in the Awakening thread about how that game has an increased amount of "fanservice" and if you will, pandering (to both genders, like the bikini episode). They are trying to use a lot of tricks and fluff to get this to sell more, that much is true, but the concepts have always been there, themes in Fire Emblem have been always dark and ethically questionable depending on what you as a player perceive as such and have always contained maturity in the truest sense.

Otaku is such a strong and larger by attrition faction nowadays that to NOT do this is seen as dangerous. Now of course, this endangers character development, atmosphere, and the game in the eyes of the random fan, but that section does have a lot of pull...

Roman

Otaku is such a strong and larger by attrition faction nowadays that to NOT do this is seen as dangerous. Now of course, this endangers character development, atmosphere, and the game in the eyes of the random fan, but that section does have a lot of pull...

And from what I've seen of the fan response to the game, I'd say this didn't happen. It's pretty much the support system taken to the next level. Everybody wins.

Roman

I'm still amazed we never saw an english release of FE6 after we all got our first taste of Fire Emblem with FE7. They had a ready-made sequel just sitting there! C'mon, NoA!

Seeing how remakes aren't out of the question now, it's definitely a contender. 4 has to come next though. There is no doubt about that.

Top Bottom