• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

disco

devilsurvivor3ds_faithful_boxartreveal-1-300x272.jpg
shin_megami_tensei_strange_journey_ds_box.jpg
06-devil-summoner-soul-hackers-2.jpg

Oh you edited in Strange Journey lol

Yea really, Nintendo has all the Megatens now:

Devil Survivor
Devil Survivor 2
Devil Survivor Overclocked
SMT Strange Journey
SMT 4
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers

All Playstation has on PSP and Vita is the Persona series

Persona 1 Portable
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Persona 2 Eternal Punihsment
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden

I think this is how it will stay too. I think whilst Persona 3DS was once announced it really is Atlus' token to Sony. They know that some competition in the market creates interesting results.

Those were edited by professionals who work at Index and Nintendo for their upcoming collaboration Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem for the Nintendo Wii U Funtertainment System.

Dueck

Banned
I really like the Wii U, but it needs games like this to legitimize it beyond Nintendo's usual line-up. Bayonetta 2 will be cool as well.

Marche90

If anyone was having any doubts about development, here's Index PR. Looks like Atlus is (almost) fully developing the game

Index PR said:
TOKYO, JAPAN -- JANUARY 26, 2013 -- Index Corporation (headquarters: Setagaya, Tokyo, CEO: Yoshimi Ogawa) has announced a collaboration with Nintendo Co., Ltd. on a new RPG for the recently launched game console, Wii U™. The collaboration was unveiled as part of the Nintendo Direct presentation on Wednesday. The title is a joint effort between the ATLUS brand and the Nintendo Fire Emblem series.

The ATLUS brand has released many popular titles including the Shin Megami Tensei series and Persona series. Recognizing the raving fan base of the Shin Megami Tensei series, and considering ATLUS brand's commitment to high quality content and game development, the partnership is a natural fit for the two brands.

Currently, Index is earnestly proceeding with development, while Nintendo will deliver news out to the customers.

Prior to this announcement, Index had only developed and released games from its own brand, ATLUS, but this collaboration is intended to be a new step for multimedia expansion.

From this joint development, Index hopes to expand its own brand, as well as optimize the efficiency of its resource placement and increase revenue..

GET HYPE!

Also, I guess that this marks Persona as a separate series from the SMT umbrella, essentially, what we already knew

Time to really start speculating who at Atlus is directing. If it's an SRPG, Shinjirō Takata (Devil Survivor) would be the most likely candidate.

If anyone was having any doubts about development, here's Index PR. Looks like Atlus is (almost) fully developing the game

GET HYPE!

Also, I guess that this marks Persona as a separate series from the SMT umbrella, essentially, what we already knew

I'm officially hyped! I hope this game does well, for the sake of both awesome franchises.

GET HYPE!

HYPE!
My hype grows! It growwwwwwssss!

Soriku

Time to really start speculating who at Atlus is directing. If it's an SRPG, Shinjirō Takata (Devil Survivor) would be the most likely candidate.

Kaneko :p

If it's Takata I hope that doesn't delay the inevitable Devil Survivor 3(DS). And I wonder if that new Devil Survivor 2 project will be something other than just an Overclocked version...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.

If the other Langrisser/Growlanser vets like Yoh Haduki and Fuma Yato are on board I'm okay with that.

I pretty much pinned it down as an SRPG after the few seconds it took for my brain to process what I was seeing, but I wonder if it really is a more traditional RPG. Of course they could just be being non-specific (it's an RPG of the strategy variety). The wait for any media would be so much easier if I knew.

vall03

wait, does that mean Atlus is the one who approached Nintendo and pitched the game concept? if true, that would be really surprising. Besides, outside of Smash, isnt this the first Nintendo x 3rd party collaboration?

Moonlight

Banned
wait, does that mean Atlus is the one who approached Nintendo and pitched the game concept? if true, that would be really surprising. Besides, outside of Smash, isnt this the first Nintendo x 3rd party collaboration?
We had Pokemon and Nobunaga's Ambition (a Tecmo Koei property) just last year.

Either way, Iwata stated this is just one of many similar collaborations that Nintendo has started. I'm excited to see what else.

I figured Pokemon and Nobunaga made sense in the way that pokemon being owned by Japanese warlords made sense, period, since, ya know, Pokemon are partners and such.

This, I just don't know. This is waaaayyyy weirder. And better have a bunch of Fire Emblem mechanics. No wait, more important: not be isometric.

I figured Pokemon and Nobunaga made sense in the way that pokemon being owned by Japanese warlords made sense, period, since, ya know, Pokemon are partners and such.

This, I just don't know. This is waaaayyyy weirder. And better have a bunch of Fire Emblem mechanics. No wait, more important: not be isometric.
I feel like this game will be more SMT-like than FE-like, I mean, it's being developed by Atlus and all... Hopefully they add Support Conversations tho, that would be nice.

ohlawd

Either way, Iwata stated this is just one of many similar collaborations that Nintendo has started. I'm excited to see what else.

I want Advance Wars x Valkyria Chronicles

Best way to revive both franchises.

no man the VC mobile game don't count

Marche90

True. The time periods is what make this crossover weird. And yeah, it's not that I don't like it, but I want to see a fully 3D battlefield (almost a given, because of the specs of the machine and possible game size)

Vanpira

This one was weirder... wait, I stand corrected: Both are amazingly weird. Still, that doesn't mean that they are less awesome.

Everyone seems to think that Pokemon x Nobunaga is weird, but I think it's natural. In Pokemon you are a general going around Japan conquering warlords(gym leaders) and taking their flags(badges) to ally the people under you.(the more badges you have the higher lvl pokemon you can have, like adding people to your army.) Once you have enough of them you go to the capital(Pokemon League) and challenge the Shogun and his allies.( Elite Four and their champion) Defeating them would make you Emperor of Japan(Pokemon Master). Isn't that exactly what Nobunaga did?

Marche90

And I still want another VC game :(
Wouldn't mind to see another one on 3DS or Wii U

Vanpira, what you say has a lot of sense, actually. it doesn't seem as weird if you put it in that light

I don't think that he was necessarily referring to crossover titles specifically, though they seem to be the rage lately. Stuff like Other M, Fluidity, Last Story and even Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon fall under the banner of the collaborative initiative he's mentioned, I think.

Kenai

I pretty much pinned it down as an SRPG after the few seconds it took for my brain to process what I was seeing, but I wonder if it really is a more traditional RPG. Of course they could just be being non-specific (it's an RPG of the strategy variety). The wait for any media would be so much easier if I knew.

I'm kind of hoping it's more SRPG-ish just because the sheer amount of characters will be really hard to fit into a traditional 3-5 person party.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I think it's a very likely situation, they are going all in on this game from the sounds of it, which can only bode well in my opinion.

how do we know that they're going all in on this game? Tell me dis info!

The only Tensi Sagi blah blah game i've played is Persona 1 on PSX and some DS title with a space crew going into some hellish world.

Never played a fire emblem game.

Where should I start to get a feel for both series?

Top Bottom