• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly leaving Fox News for NBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzanadra

Absolutely.

Scary, because he makes O'Reilly look tame in comparison. Hannity is fucking nuts.

Not that I watch him, but I always thought O'Reilly was kinda moderate in general? I only say that because he seemed buddy-buddy with Colbert and Stewart, like a "friendly rivalry" sort of deal.

I don't see why people are ragging on her so much. Sure she's said some pretty racist stuff (and petty racist stuff at that) in the past, but she doesn't seem to be in love with Trump and she's hot. This isn't the time for a witch hunt.

Wag

Not that I watch him, but I always thought O'Reilly was kinda moderate in general? I only say that because he seemed buddy-buddy with Colbert and Stewart, like a "friendly rivalry" sort of deal.

s.jpg

Trump and O'Reilly hang out.

BruinsMtB

Banned

He's a smart guy, I think that's why he had the rapport with Stewart, but you could always see the frustration on Jon's face because of the disconnect between what he says and how intelligent he is. He's fairly moderate for the current GOP but he still lets religion dictate most of his feelings on social policy, has a hard-on for government surveillance and a harsh criminal justice system. He seems to be one of the old guard that is vaguely racist but mostly just wants Jesus to inform policy and doesn't want to pay taxes. He doesn't seem to inherently hate you, he just doesn't want to help you.

Nephtis

As opportunistic as she is, I'm glad she's leaving Fox. Even if her behavior has been terrible, there is no doubt that Fox dropped the bus on her on multiple occasions.

Perhaps now that she will be in a better network, her views will change favorably. Even if Glenn Beck is also being opportunistic, his whole "I made a huge mistake and regret it" persona helps more than it harms.

Here's to Fox News having a slow, agonizing death.

The problem is that pretty much all of the most popular shows on Fox are now all in on Trump, namely O'Reilly, Hannity, and Carlson all kissing his ass and already calling him the greatest President ever. Fox, and I can't believe I'm saying this, has likely determined that it ISN'T FAR RIGHT ENOUGH, and will likely try to garner some of the alt-right audience. Can't wait for the new shows from Ann Coulter, Tomi Lahren, and of course their new huge hit "Triggering Leftist Cucks" with Milo Yiannopolis.

D i Z

Why are we splitting up the racist shitheels? Keep them fucks in one bucket.

LOL at all the "good for her" but....she's hot posts. Every. Last. One.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I might not agree with everything Megyn says or does. But I think she brings good insight to some issues. It'll be interesting to see how she fairs at NBC.

This is one of those Glenn Beck situations. I have absolutely no sympathy for this woman. For years she has been a part of the forces that got us where we are now.

I am shocked.

However this doesn't change how I feel about her. I do still respect her for standing up to secual harrasment and how women are treated in and outside the workplace but she's still toxic so good for her but whatever.

I don't see why people are ragging on her so much. Sure she's said some pretty racist stuff (and petty racist stuff at that) in the past, but she doesn't seem to be in love with Trump and she's hot. This isn't the time for a witch hunt.

Racists should be ragged on!

Ambient80

Lol, people are actually happy for Megyn Kelly? What the hell?

Also, is NBC this hard up for talent?
I am, solely for the fact that she worked in a place that at the very least was harboring harassment of women, if not outright assault. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Otherwise? No, not really lol. And yeah NBC needs some talent big time.

With the rise of the Trump era and this new focus of the WWC in the media. Kelly will likely bring views that resonate with bother moderate Reps and Dems. I mean look at Morning Joe. Joe and Mika are two Trump stooges and they are doing just fine.

During the election Joe Scarborough was horrified at Trump's constantly asking why we can't use nukes. He used to be anti Trump until Trump met with them privately and suddenly him and Mika are pumping Trump's tires.
I think he's writing a musical on Trump lol.

We are seeing right wing Fox News BS getting spread around.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Maybe she was just method acting the role of a conservative guys. Sorta like a Colbert but instead of being on a comedy channel, deeply embedded in the actual propaganda machine of the right. Her handlers are pulling her out.

"Jesus was a white man too"-Megyn Kelly

Lol and people actually argued NBC was a better network than Fox.

Ill never forget that segment that aired after the Laquan Mcdonald dashcam footage came out & Fox covered some of the protests: Kelly lost it over a Black protester getting up in some cop's face and staring him down. It was the reaction I expected from a law & order type like her, but it stood in stark contrast to the dry, dispassionate coverage she gave to the actual shooting footage that the city of Chicago had tried to cover up.
That summed up everything I ever wanted to know about Megyn Kelly, her values, and her worldview.

Bold One

I assume, and hope, she'll make a tearful, sincere sounding apology about all the shit she's said in the past, talk about how after lots of self reflection and critical thinking she's realized that she was wrong, and move on to be the slightly more conservative voice at NBC.

We'll see!
Is this sarcasm?
mou.png

And she's been toxic for the American public. While her treatment by the far-right and Trump have certainly been tragic, do not think for a minute she is not responsible for festering this cesspool in the first place.

Exactly this. Don't forget her history. She has said some dumb shit in the past.

That is hialrious and sad, the woman calls black people thugs is too liberal for some folks.

Either folks jumping ship or NBC wants that economic anxiety money

They definitely want the latter. It's been shown that this is a clear demographic going by the election.

Hopefully this will be a chance for her to show how much of the right wing BS she actually believes and how much she was merely required by her employer to spew.

Hopefully this will be a chance for her to show how much of the right wing BS she actually believes and how much she was merely required by her employer to spew.

So best case scenario she's an empty-headed mouthpiece who will say anything for ratings, worst case scenario she really is a hateful bigot.

Zubz

Banned
Ugh... Even if this hurts Fox News, it's causing their stink to spread to not-atrocious news sources. I want to see this as a good thing, but I can't; a change in network doesn't change Kelly as a person.

y2dvd

Doesn't she attack the left for wanting free shit all the time, but then when her maternity leave was questioned, she went all ham with it?

Grug

I'm sceptical but willing to give her a chance to reorient herself.

If that Outfoxed documentary is even half-accurate, Fox Anchors are aggressively kept "on message".

norinrad

It's OK, she's hot, let's forget her sins for being a terrible human being.

takriel

She strikes me as one of those persons that will say pretty much anything for fame and money. You can't take her seriously. Especially when she's being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom