• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Crayons

Banned
What do you guys recommend for black leather dress shoes? I'm looking for something really nice, with thin laces, classy looking, under $500

do you think fake reigning champ stuff exists? i found this sweatshirt on grailed for a good price but the tag looks different from the tags i've seen on other RC stuff.

msyULChITwurqDKeWKeP

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
do you think fake reigning champ stuff exists? i found this sweatshirt on grailed for a good price but the tag looks different from the tags i've seen on other RC stuff.

I don't think anyone is going to the trouble of faking a mid-range brand like that. Any RC stuff I've seen recently had that exact same tag fwiw

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Is that the midweight sweater? I have a lot of RC and it looks like the same tag I usually have.

Is that the midweight sweater? I have a lot of RC and it looks like the same tag I usually have.

Yeah, it is.

How does the condition look in the picture I posted? Worth $72? The seller says the condition is 10/10 but I see some white threads poking out of the shoulder seam in the top-right of the pic.

cyborg009

Banned
Can anyone recommend me some nice watches without going anywhere near $100. My favorite watch broke and that thing was $20 but looked like it was more than that.

h3ro

Can anyone recommend me some nice watches without going anywhere near $100. My favorite watch broke and that thing was $20 but looked like it was more than that.

A Seiko-5 or G-shock should do nicely.

Stay away from "fashion" watches. They're usually gaudy, cheaply made and trade quality for a high-end fashion name.

I get a lot of compliments on the couple of Timex Weekenders that I own, and those don't run more than about $30-$40.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah, it is.

How does the condition look in the picture I posted? Worth $72? The seller says the condition is 10/10 but I see some white threads poking out of the shoulder seam in the top-right of the pic.

They look a little bit more prominent than on mine, but not sure if it's the lighting. Personally I don't buy second hand clothes, I buy new or on sale and usually only from stores where I can return the items without a hassle unless I'm sure it will be fine.

They look a little bit more prominent than on mine, but not sure if it's the lighting. Personally I don't buy second hand clothes, I buy new or on sale and usually only from stores where I can return the items without a hassle unless I'm sure it will be fine.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna wait until I can get an RC sweatshirt for a decent price from an online store. I don't want to be SOL if I order something and it doesn't fit.

Also: a bunch of stuff is on sale on Adidas.com right now, and there's a discount code you can use ("FRIENDS30") to get an additional 30% off your order.

Not all items are eligible of course, but I managed to snag some Adidas x RC french terry sweatpants for only $53. I've heard that Adidas x RC stuff isn't quite as good as mainline RC, but if mainline RC is worth $110 then I doubt Adidas x RC isn't worth $53.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Yeah, I think I'm gonna wait until I can get an RC sweatshirt for a decent price from an online store. I don't want to be SOL if I order something and it doesn't fit.

There's been loads of RC marked down at the Nordstrom Racks around here, if hitting up one of the brick-and-mortar stores is an option for you.

giga

Walmart buying Bonobos. I moved on from them a while back (no longer in the prep game) but still sad to see them become the new faded glory.

Oxn

Walmart buying Bonobos. I moved on from them a while back (no longer in the prep game) but still sad to see them become the new faded glory.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Any canvas/lightweight casual shoes that come in wide sizes? Seems every decently known brand for that kind of thing has no wides. I live in AZ now and summer is really kicking in but you just don't want to be wearing sandals everywhere here.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Think im gonna buy these;

56d56f9b0555d_adidas%20x%20Rick%20Owens%20Runners%20Spring%20Summer%202016%203.jpg

Was eyeing them as well, but I don't think I can commit my whole aesthetic to a pair of shoes. They're a lot more specific to an outfit than my pair of Rick Mastodons; would probably jump on some Level Runners if those were on sale... Also thinking about some Neil Barrett kicks that are in my size.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I had that exact Asics Jyuni's on my sights too, but I couldn't resist the CP company one when I saw it even though it's so much more expensive. :p

The Asics Jyuni line is pretty dope though. I have their track jacket which I love.

shas'la

Heya guys im after a really specific tee ( Acne Limit in white), and wondering where you guys go when looking for items that are no longer producers by the company? Aside from Trawling eBay in the hope one pops up any tips?

Alucrid

Banned
Heya guys im after a really specific tee ( Acne Limit in white), and wondering where you guys go when looking for items that are no longer producers by the company? Aside from Trawling eBay in the hope one pops up any tips?

a year ago i would have had one to sell you

Is it me or all the spring seasonal sales selling out their merch in one day? I can't find shit anymore during the sales these days. it's just super large sizes left over one day after the sales start.

No opinion on the quality of their stuff but just wanted to say: nice choice! I was looking at that exact jacket on END just yesterday, haha. Let us know how you like it!

Not as robust but I'm also a huge fan of Asics' Jyuni line:

Sadly even with END's sale atm I'm kinda short on cash to try them out. ._.

looks like something a Weyand-Yutani employee would wear

Anybody have a nice list of essential, foundational guy's fashion? I've got a completely scattershot wardrobe with random jeans and pants, design print t-shirts, a couple of casual blazers that fit well, socks with funky patterns, and a few button downs that have last me a bunch of years.

This seems like a good starter list to begin, but maybe a little too basic? taylorlapeyre.com/basicwardrobe.info

I'm a college instructor, I tend to just wear street clothes to teach, occasionally dressing up but keeping it pretty relaxed. I really like streetwear and I'm attracted to hip hop/punk kind of stuff. At the same time, I'm already 33 - good god - so I recognize that I need to sharpen up a bit and just have some strong essentials that fit me well. I'm also on the hunt for a new job (actually, an entirely new career), so a good, modern-looking contemporary men's wardrobe will probably be necessary pretty soon.

Help me sharpen up and get the essentials, MensFashionGAF!

Top Bottom