• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

EVOL 100%

Bruh I'm definitely looking into these.

I just started realizing how tight and uncomfortable all my clothes are. I used to be able to handle it I can literally feel the strain on my pelvis when I wear my favorite chinos.
I got joggers and am never looking back

Hi all, does anyone here like boots?

I got these a couple months back and I really love them

XzDLZfh.jpg

I'm not a fan of shoes without shoelaces, I would make an exception for Chelsea boots only.

Having said that, I don't think yours look bad at all, on the contrary :)

trixx

any recommendations for spring jackets? Looked through a few stores and just not my style.

Uniform windbreaker that's pretty stylish. No logos maybe some cool design that's it. Street/skateboard ish not high end stuff.

it sucks being a pale person sometimes because you don't look as good in lighter colors

at least i'll always have navy, dark red, dark brown, dark grey and black!

any recommendations for spring jackets? Looked through a few stores and just not my style.

Uniform windbreaker that's pretty stylish. No logos maybe some cool design that's it. Street/skateboard ish not high end stuff.

everlane has some new spring jackets

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I got a great combination of grey Wings & Horns sweats + grey Reigning Champ hoodie I wear with white sneakers and a beige down jacket from Ralph Lauren, looks great, but sadly I can't wear that to work since as soon as I remove the jacket I look like I'm dressed for the gym. Still the style rocks so if I go to the gym on the weekend I rock it.

Was inspired by this from Fear of God, except the inside of mine is orange and has no hood.

BTW I just stumbled on this article, love this. Reminds me a bit of Aimé Leon Dore's inspiration even if this is from LA:

The Dapper Rebels of Los Angeles, 1966

In the summer of 1965, riots broke out in the Watts neighborhood of southern Los Angeles. Over a six-day period, 34 people were killed, 1,032 injured and over 3,438 arrests were made. In 1966, LIFE magazine revisited the site of the worst riots America had ever seen in its history. The photo essay depicting the region's ‘fearsome street gangs' however, turned out more like a fashion shoot for dapper style...

cdYPHO9.jpg

EVOL 100%

I have a pair of joggers and they're hella comfortable. I would wear them all the time if they didn't feel too casual. You don't feel underdressed at all when you wear them out?

I have these

D81jM7z.jpg

which look great as well as being comfy as hell.

I wear them with combat boots, it's a decent look, although probably not appropriate for office environments

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Speaking of henley shirts, I thought they were also called grandad shirts - same stuff, different name, or are they two different things?

I'm still looking for a nice looking basic henley, but no luck so far. Monoqi had one at one time, but I forgot about it and can't remember which brand it was, something local from Germany. Any recommendations are welcome!

Oxn

Yup

I never personally spent more than 50 bucks on a pair of pants, so I was a but wary if getting them, but they're super comfortable, look good and are surprisingly versatile. I might buy another pair later on

I have 2 pairs of zanerobe dynamos and and 1 sharpshot. Amazing joggers and tapered pants

giga

This is interesting. New minimal sportswear brand called Aeance from Germany: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/...-portable-art-celia-forner-editors-picks.html

21tmag-TEL-01-superJumbo.jpg

With the activewear market inundated with overly designed pieces, Aeance — a quiet, minimalist sportswear brand founded in Germany — feels refreshingly distinct. Produced in Portugal with a ”less is more" ethos, the brand has a socially responsible component, too: For its second collection, Aeance has enhanced the use of recycled materials such as recycled polyamide and recycled elastane in its sleek running tights. Founded by Nadine-Isabelle Baier and Arendt van Deyk, the brand launched last year with a young designer, Hien Le, as the creative director. For the second collection, Baier and van Deyk scouted another young talent and Central Saint Martins alum, Steven Tai, to design. And they will continually bring on new talent to head their designs each season — as a way to keep the seasonless brand fresh. $155-$565, aeance.com. — ANGELA KOH

Does anyone know of ways to get FSBN? New Yorker, the store where I found the brand, is EU based and won't let me buy anything from the site I think (that or I'm dumb). Any help?

giga

I've heard that they have nonexistent customer service and considering I don't know the sizing of those at all, there's a good chance I'd need to return them if I got the size wrong.

If anything I'll get a pair of Greats Royales at some point.
Pay with your credit card. It should have return protection.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've heard that they have nonexistent customer service and considering I don't know the sizing of those at all, there's a good chance I'd need to return them if I got the size wrong.

If anything I'll get a pair of Greats Royales at some point.

No return on sale items, size runs 1 big just like CP.

Looks like there was a wave of layoffs at JCrew yesterday including the menswear creative director. Seems like it's necessary as their design has stagnated and I'm interested to see how they pivot.

greats royales look way better to me, but it's your call. also greats has great customer service in my experience so i'd be more comfortable buying from them.

Yeah, I'll probably visit a B&M Suit Supply near me to check them out. Just not a fan of the off-white sole. The only thing I dislike about the Royales is the stitching, otherwise I've heard they're great quality.

Zaph

London GAF - massive Comme des Garcons sample sale at DSM next week. If you're going, be prepared for a ruckus.

kiyomi

London GAF - massive Comme des Garcons sample sale at DSM next week. If you're going, be prepared for a ruckus.

Tempted to go but I've never been to anything like it, not sure if I'd enjoy the manic atmosphere. But man, I'd love to see what Junya pieces they have on sale. :(

shas'la

Tempted to go but I've never been to anything like it, not sure if I'd enjoy the manic atmosphere. But man, I'd love to see what Junya pieces they have on sale. :(

DSM is just a nice place to hang out in on a quiet weekday - I can imagine its horrific when all the Hype descends on it though.

This is more hair gaf, but what do you guys recommend to have hairs like Michael Hutchence? I have long and curly hairs and i'm using an hair cream but my hairs are super thick.

53577830a8c50bce37585e21ac27e6e2.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I just cut a shirt open while cutting the package open....................................

It was nice too................

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Haven't felt this stupid in a long fucking time. Almost 200$ down the drain.

Just when I told myself I was going to cut on expenses. Didn't think I'd do it literally.

edit: Man it was really nice, fits nicely, except for the huge gap in the shoulder.

:(

edit2: Looking at the package, they packed the sweat in a big thick yellow envelope, then taped it folded on itself. No wonder I ended up cutting through it, wtf, never saw such stupid packaging, just use a goddamn box. Fucking cheap. Emailed them pictures, doubt I'll get any refund, plus I couldn't even buy it back anyway it's out of stock everywhere.

I just cut a shirt open while cutting the package open....................................

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Just when I told myself I was going to cut on expenses. Didn't think I'd do it literally.

edit: Man it was really nice, fits nicely, except for the huge gap in the shoulder.

edit2: Looking at the package, they packed the sweat in a big thick yellow envelope, then taped it folded on itself. No wonder I ended up cutting through it, wtf, never saw such stupid packaging, just use a goddamn box. Fucking cheap. Emailed them pictures, doubt I'll get any refund, plus I couldn't even buy it back anyway it's out of stock everywhere.

Sorry to hear about this. I ordered a leather jacket once and the guy wrote all over the box to be careful opening it. I'm like a surgeon when opening clothing boxes cause this has a real potential of happening. what did you order?

Oxn

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Yea im gonna need a link to this $200 shirt.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It was a Maharishi reversible sweater, so it's like a two for the price of one. They do that a lot.

And ok it was $145 Canadian, that's like $105 US, but with taxes it was like $185 CAD.

What happened is a part of the shoulder was in the top part of the envelope where they folded it on itself to close it. There was so much thick tape that I cut the folded part open, but in doing so cut that piece of shoulder off.

They'll get back to me this week, I don't expect anything, but I really feel like this was their fault. It's a cheap way to package anything considering this store usually sells really expensive items, and on top of it they packed poorly. Shouldn't be a pain in the ass to figure out how to open it, but it was so thick with so much tape I had to cut it open, and did so at the opening part only for a part of it to end up get cut :/

That sucks, was it from a shop or did you get it from an individual seller? Most shops send via tear-able bags these days. Strange they would send it in a ghetto envelope.

Top Bottom