• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure it'll be exactly like that in the real game, the demos were staged with two different builds of the game. I think they will learn if you revisit a base but might be different for starting the first mission or a new game+.

I'd guess it'd be more like PW/GZ where you select one of multiple missions in the same location, but here repeating missions would make the guards adapt to your previous attempts. It wouldn't be too hard to implement, would it? It could set parameters based on your previous run's stats.

God damn steam version not having the iDroid app support.

console master race
kappa_big.png

Pinewood

I'd guess it'd be more like PW/GZ where you select one of multiple missions in the same location, but here repeating missions would make the guards adapt to your previous attempts. It wouldn't be too hard to implement, would it? It could set parameters based on your previous run's stats.
Shit, A rank again.
Retry.
Enemies are shock troops with body armour and helmets now. Were farmers with pitchforks before.

giphy.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yong Yea:
Hey folks, I was taking a vacation from Friday to Monday. I was hoping to finish the MGO3 analysis before Friday, but that didn't happen because it's really long. I'm back to work though, so expect the analysis on Thursday.

HOLY SHIT, SN4KE_911, PLS STAHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

infuckingsane isn't it? i shit you not he said the exact same quote.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!

infuckingsane isn't it? i shit you not he said the exact same quote.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!

Bro, oh my God. "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!" doesn't even BEGIN to describe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, this is going to be the best game ever made!!! RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I like how he tried to pretend Hayter didn't have a role in MGSV.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Pinewood

console master race
kappa_big.png

I have decided that I will get TPP on a console.

Today I played some PW coop and did this base defending mission. I went in with my trusty MK 22 as always, hoping for a good rank. This asshole came in with a silenced pistol and a shield (why?) and shot everyone. I didn't even notice at first, but then I saw him headshotting the guys I took down. Asswipe.

Sn4ke_911

Bro, oh my God. "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!" doesn't even BEGIN to describe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, this is going to be the best game ever made!!! RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I like how he tried to pretend Hayter didn't have a role in MGSV.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

YEP BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!

Haha yeah cute wasn't it?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
hm on second thoughts PO didn't have mission rankings. But the permadeath thing confuses me, couldn't you go and get a dead buddy a second time by replaying that mission again?

maybe it'll just make the buddy never available for deployment again, but still alive in story? tho i never liked permadeath in games, hope kojima allows you to turn it off...

Pinewood

MGS V should have Project Morpheus and Oculus support from day one. I mean rendering it shouldn't have much impact on performance
leuhkikcskn4.gif

tariniel

I played the first Metal Gear Solid on PS1 when it first came out and haven't played it since. What's the best way to replay it, if I no longer have a PS1 or the discs? I've considered emulation or buying it on PSN... I'm concerned emulators will have a hard time with some of the more unique parts like psycho mantis, etc.

I played the first Metal Gear Solid on PS1 when it first came out and haven't played it since. What's the best way to replay it, if I no longer have a PS1 or the discs? I've considered emulation or buying it on PSN... I'm concerned emulators will have a hard time with some of the more unique parts like psycho mantis, etc.

Buy it on psn.

Sn4ke_911

When the other guy asks Troy about David Hayter and the huge blacklash around it bla bla.... he says "reserve judgement until you actually play the game" ....he continues "even being a Metal Gear fan coming into this going wow that's what you're doing..."

He's clearly talking about the Hayter ruse.

David Hayter is in MGSV and he will voice Solid Snake.

#Team A
leuhkikcskn4.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
When the other guy asks Troy about David Hayter and the huge blacklash around it bla bla.... he says "reserve judgement until you actually play the game" ....he continues "even being a Metal Gear fan coming into this going wow that's what you're doing..."

#Team A
leuhkikcskn4.gif

dammit
im in, lets go team a

Pinewood

Im in team A*

* only if Hayter stops bullshitting and puts on a good performance. Otherwise might as well let Adam West do the voice, less camp that way

#Team A
leuhkikcskn4.gif

I'm starting to believe.

This right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s6-fPQxsF8

Why is it so good?

;_;

Yeah, it's amazing! ;-;7

#Team A
leuhkikcskn4.gif

#TeamB and #TeamC had evidence. Until Hayter deleted it!

#TeamD is still in this thing, though.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Yeah, it's amazing! ;-;7

#TeamB and #TeamC had evidence. Until Hayter deleted it!

#TeamD is still in this thing, though.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

every time someone opens their mouth to discuss it like TB did today, it's evidence for teams B and C. then Sn4ke quotes it as if it somehow magically supports his silly theory. poor thing. it's going to crush him :(

Sn4ke_911

This right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s6-fPQxsF8

Why is it so good?

;_;

Yeah it's so amazing. I can't wait to hear all the older Metal Gear tracks remade on the iDroid while replaying missions.

HHHHNNNGGGGGGGG

every time someone opens their mouth to discuss it like TB did today, it's evidence for teams B and C. then Sn4ke quotes it as if it somehow magically supports his silly theory. poor thing. it's going to crush him :(

GreyOcelot pls
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Vally

That comment about reserving judgement until the game is out also caught my attention... but I already chose Team B, can't be changing teams now. Loyalty to the end and all that :p

#Team A
leuhkikcskn4.gif

The dream is alive and well

zNxKQtW.gif

I'm still a bit more concerned about Troy's other quote, saying he is feeling some 'trepidation' about the reception.

What crazy new features or mechanics is Kojima introducing that could cause him to feel that way? I know Troy still feels confident and excited, but the way he said that makes me feel like there is something huge we don't know, or it's maybe not exactly what we are expecting.

Just gets me more anxious for the game in the end really.

Sn4ke_911

I'm still a bit more concerned about Troy's other quote, saying he is feeling some 'trepidation' about the reception.

What crazy new features or mechanics is Kojima introducing that could cause him to feel that way? I know Troy still feels confident and excited, but the way he said that makes me feel like there is something huge we don't know, or it's maybe not exactly what we are expecting.

Just gets me more anxious for the game in the end really.

If i had to guess i'd say the heavy taboo themes Kojima is going for with MGSV. Kojima even said he might have to leave the industry after this game.

I think the ending of GZ and the tapes is NOTHING compared to what we'll see in TPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom