• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

I-I don't really have exams in my major... Exams here are about a 2 hour window, nothing more.

Oh wow, All exams here last 3 hours (which feels like a little when you know the answers).
Damn ( ._.) What university is it? I must apply for a master's.

Wow, a whole new OT! Fantastic.

Also, hello Bruvs.

I just want to say, screw unlocking all the trials in GZ. Maaaaaan.

And with that, Radio is off the air T_T

His thirst for knowledge was unparalleled
Begin the day
With a friendly voice
A companion, unobtrusive
Plays that song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Off on your way
Hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact
In your happy solitude

Invisible airwaves
Crackle with life
Bright antennae bristle
With the energy
Emotional feedback
On a timeless wavelength
Bearing a gift beyond price,
Almost free

All this machinery
Making modern music
Can still be open-hearted
Not so coldly charted
It's really just a question
Of your honesty

One likes to believe
In the freedom of music
But glittering prizes
And endless compromises
Shatter the illusion
Of integrity

For the words of the prophets
Were written on the studio wall,
Concert hall,
Echoes with the sounds, of salesmen

The Spirit of Radio will live on, through our arms.

And Rush.

Also, I think this is Radiohammer in real life:

kate4.gif

He was our Peter Gregory. RIP sweet prince.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
you can ban us, but you can't ban Lenny ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

Rajang

Tagging all the enemies is kind of a bitch in some missions tho.

I remember the Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements mission to be a pain. I was marking enemies and then killing them and throwing them off the cliff one by one (at the landing zone for Morpho). After almost an hour I had one guy left. I looked all over the base and I just couldn't find him. I did another sweep and I found him in Paz' cell, in alert mode but just standing there like an idiot.

Thanks FOX Engine!

Kindekuma

Banned
I remember the Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements mission to be a pain. I was marking enemies and then killing them and throwing them off the cliff one by one (at the landing zone for Morpho). After almost an hour I had one guy left. I looked all over the base and I just couldn't find him. I did another sweep and I found him in Paz' cell, in alert mode but just standing there like an idiot.

Thanks FOX Engine!

I really should pay attention to radio call ins. Zulu and Delta, etc correspond to different areas of the map. That way I can just create and explosion, see where the call came from and then check out that area.

Mexen

Now there is nobody that will give me a reason to pretend I understand MGS. :(

Visit Delta Head Translation if you haven't already. Their analyses are... Well, just have a look whenever you're free.
I remember feeling stupid and smart when I first visited the site because a lot was obvious but it really wasn't. ( ._.) Good way to kill 30 minutes either way.

I did another sweep and I found him in Paz' cell, in alert mode but just standing there like an idiot.

Thanks FOX Engine!

Kojima left us bread crumbs from the very beginning.

paolo11

Brothers. Is it ok if I ask spoilers about Ground Zeroes? It's actually a real controversial question concerning the cassette tapes.

paolo11

I'd say spoiler tag it then.

Thanks. Ok, here it goes. Read at your own risk.

During the interrogation between Chico and Paz, was Paz raped by Chico when Paz said along the lines "It's ok Chico. Just do it. I can take it." "zipper sounds" then recording stops?

I'm not starting a complaint or big deal out of this but if that is the case, this may be the darkest MGS game of all time. The game shows the fear and pain of torture and this may actually make you care about your comrades.

Vally

During the interrogation between Chico and Paz, was Paz raped by Chico when Paz said along the lines "It's ok Chico. Just do it. I can take it." "zipper sounds" then recording stops?

I'm not starting a complaint or big deal out of this but if that is the case, this may be the darkest MGS game of all time. The game shows the fear and pain of torture and this may actually make you care about your comrades.

Yeah it's quite dark, Kojima wasn't kidding when he talked about the taboo topics in MGSV. When TPP comes out I'm afraid there will be a huge media shitstorm.

wilsonda

Yes.. easily one of the darkest moments in all of gaming. I remember listening to the tape the first time and being quite shocked that they went as far as they did. I do enjoy entertainment that touches on dark moments as long as they are handled with the proper respect and care.. my favorite movie is apocalypse now so that may say something

paolo11

Yeah it's quite dark, Kojima wasn't kidding when he talked about the taboo topics in MGSV. When TPP comes out I'm afraid there will be a huge media shitstorm.

Yes.. easily one of the darkest moments in all of gaming. I remember listening to the tape the first time and being quite shocked that they went as far as they did. I do enjoy entertainment that touches on dark moments as long as they are handled with the proper respect and care.. my favorite movie is apocalypse now so that may say something

Dang. This will be the best and darkest MGS game. I can see the emotions on this game. After the ending of GZ, my excitement for TPP rose extremely high.

It still amazes me that even after a year people still think
Chico actually raped Paz
. The fact that he
told everything about MSF
and that she said
"Do you want to do it here?"
heavily implies he didn't.

Sad to see Radio gone (although, this probably means he'll be back to MGSF now), so:-

Do you think we'll see Solidus in MGSV and how old will he look?

Choomp

Banned
The gram got too real for me. I actually found myself getting real distracted by it a lot as if there wasn't enough things I was uncontrollably distracted by. I'll stay around the thread and lurk here some but idk if I wanna go back to telegram honestly anytime soon, it was fun.

http://youtu.be/kAVWISje8_A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom