• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/596084547911086081

DB5ykky.png

I hope it's true... Europe too pls

Wow, this is fantastic news.

Choomp

Banned
I miss you guys too but I really think I'm better without it. I ended up preferring talking to you guys than most of my friends and I figure I might as well enjoy the end of high school while it's here, and while it may not seem plausible yeah gram really distracted me that much. I don't know, something, this is probably stupid reasoning anyway I'll stick around here though guys

brau

I miss you guys too but I really think I'm better without it. I ended up preferring talking to you guys than most of my friends and I figure I might as well enjoy the end of high school while it's here, and while it may not seem plausible yeah gram really distracted me that much. I don't know, something, this is probably stupid reasoning anyway I'll stick around here though guys

Aquaman-Batman-Share-a-Moment-Of-Sadness.gif

have it your way.
*runs and sobs

Bricky

I'll miss you on the gram Choomp. ;_;

Who is gonna shill Jontron now?

Rean

The gram got too real for me. I actually found myself getting real distracted by it a lot as if there wasn't enough things I was uncontrollably distracted by. I'll stay around the thread and lurk here some but idk if I wanna go back to telegram honestly anytime soon, it was fun.

http://youtu.be/kAVWISje8_A
( ຈ ﹏ ຈ )

ech

Who is gonna shill Jontron now?
We're are the only ones who can.

Kindekuma

Banned
I wouldn't count on ask playstation.

They said gravity rush 2 is coming for vita which has not been formally announced yet. They backtracked on that so I would not be surprise if they do the same here.

#jimmybuzzkill

Gravity Rush 2 has been announced, they even shown a teaser of sorts for it.

wilsonda

It still amazes me that even after a year people still think
Chico actually raped Paz
. The fact that he
told everything about MSF
and that she said
"Do you want to do it here?"
heavily implies he didn't.

Sad to see Radio gone (although, this probably means he'll be back to MGSF now), so:-

Do you think we'll see Solidus in MGSV and how old will he look?

Ballistic, I originally had thought that Chico did not rape Paz. However, there are a couple of reasons why I believe Chico actually did rape Paz.I'm going by what I remember from the last time I listened to the tape... so please forgive any errors
1.) It was implied that if Chico did not cooperate (by raping Paz), he himself would be raped. Since there was no mention of Chico being raped, I believe he did in fact rape Paz.
2.) Many other people believe that since Chico did rape Paz, their conversation later "do you want to do it here" implies that they wanted to have consensual sex in their cages.

On your Solidus note, I would love to see Solidus appear if both Liquid and Solid appear. I felt that Solidus was generally one of the cooler characters in MGS2. I would imagine that we would see Solidus as a teenager with ambitions to be President :)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I was playing through GZ again today and, man, HGW's music puts you right in the MGS mood. That and Kojima's methodical explanation of everything and attention to detail makes everything legit as fuck. Even with the lack of Hayter, that climbing intro gave me genuine MGS1 feels.

MGS is coming back guys. It's all ending, too.... I feel like I play games only fill the void between MGS releases. I think it'll close the loop on my gaming days, that I'll be moving on along with Kojima. It's gonna be good, though. It's about that time gaming got fucking sweet again. Sigh...

Kindekuma

Banned
The Whopper wins for me.

God Bless the Whopper. I had a burger today and I thought of you, Raj.

I was playing through GZ again today and, man, HGW's music puts you right in the MGS mood. That and Kojima's methodical explanation of everything and attention to detail makes everything legit as fuck. Even with the lack of Hayter, that climbing intro gave me genuine MGS1 feels.

MGS is coming back guys. It's all ending, too.... I feel like I play games only fill the void between MGS releases. I think it'll close the loop on my gaming days, that I'll be moving on along with Kojima. It's gonna be good, though. It's about that time gaming got fucking sweet again. Sigh...

It'll be the last true MGS and that excites me. The series as much as I love it should definitely come to a close here since the timeline will be filled up appropriately between titles.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
God Bless the Whopper. I had a burger today and I thought of you, Raj.

It'll be the last true MGS and that excites me. The series as much as I love it should definitely come to a close here since the timeline will be filled up appropriately between titles.

I have a feeling that regardless of the outcome of the KojiPro-Konami situation, this is Kojima's magnum opus. MGS2 was, for me and many others, Kojima's defining moment as a master and pioneer of the medium. I have high hopes this game will trump it. There's enough fuckery in the air to suggest he's got something crazy up his sleeve.

EDIT:

I mean if you think about it, the last time he tried to pull a fast one on his audience since Raiden was with the whole Moby Dick, Joakim Mogren thing. If my gut feeling's right that's a telltale sign of a person who's deeply excited and invested in what they're working on, not just going through the motions. Kojima's been toying with getting off the wagon for a while, but he's still finds something new to try, a story to tell, etc... If there's anyone in this industry that could just go through the motions and be jaded as all fuck, it's him. So, to see those silly antics again excites me tremendously. Which makes all the recent shenanigans all the more depressing.

Pinewood

Face it, real friends <<< us.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

But I do understand what you mean. Gram can be too addictive at times.

Miss you :'(

Mexen

Face it, real friends <<< us.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

But I do understand what you mean. Gram can be too addictive at times.

Miss you :'(

Responsible for me handing an assignment a day late. Today, I've fought the urge and I won't log on until after my presentation, goddamnit!

Ballistic, I originally had thought that Chico did not rape Paz. However, there are a couple of reasons why I believe Chico actually did rape Paz.I'm going by what I remember from the last time I listened to the tape... so please forgive any errors
1.) It was implied that if Chico did not cooperate (by raping Paz), he himself would be raped. Since there was no mention of Chico being raped, I believe he did in fact rape Paz.
2.) Many other people believe that since Chico did rape Paz, their conversation later "do you want to do it here" implies that they wanted to have consensual sex in their cages.

It doesn't imply that at all, he says
"Either you take her - now - or you're strung up next". Why would he rape her and then tell everything? The point is that Skull Face is using the fact he won't go through with it to get the information he wants.

Mexen

I've decided that, provided the game allows it, my first TPP playthrough will be a solo endeavour. No buddies. Might even ditch/fulton the horse after Ocelot tells me to come back to life.
hehehe

On your Solidus note, I would love to see Solidus appear if both Liquid and Solid appear. I felt that Solidus was generally one of the cooler characters in MGS2. I would imagine that we would see Solidus as a teenager with ambitions to be President :)

let's clarify this,
chico didn't "rape" paz under any circumstances. if he was forced to have sex with her, he himself is also a sexual assault victim. they both would be. just because chico has (had?) the penis, doesn't automatically qualify him as the "rapist" in this scenario

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I've decided that, provided the game allows it, my first TPP playthrough will be a solo endeavour. No buddies. Might even ditch/fulton the horse after Ocelot tells me to come back to life.
hehehe

For my first playthrough i will not follow any rule, i'll just go with the flow, whatever happens happens. If a buddy dies he dies, no restart.

I will also not restart a checkpoint if i get seen by an enemy. Seriously fuck that, if i made a mistake and alert the guards i have to deal with it and not rewind shit.

Mexen

For my first playthrough i will not follow any rule, i'll just go with the flow, whatever happens happens. If a buddy dies he dies, no restart.

I will also not restart a checkpoint if i get seen by an enemy. Seriously fuck that, if i made a mistake and alert the guards i have to deal with it and not rewind shit.

Pretty much this but as el lobo for me. Restarting checkpoints and stuff will prolly happen when I'm trying to accomplish something specific in a particular run.

I did this with MGS3 when I first played it. I just played it "as the game presented itself" and so I had a bunch of alerts and The Sorrow's stage was a b****. By my fourth playthrough, I was only concerned with the kerotans etc.

That's the thing I love about MGS games, you can play them differently each time and it still feels fresh af. I fear TPP will be the death of me as I foresee future playthroughs with a specific buddy or the use or non-use of a specific weapon or item.

My social life is over come Sept 1.

Banzai

I hope noone actually does that on their first playthrough, in any MGS. Hiding from enemies that are actively searching for you is like 50% of stealth gameplay.

That's also why the mission structure that was introduced with PW is so great. You can just repeat parts you didnt get perfectly the first time. The worst part about doing no alert runs in the older games is having to save every area and then reloading the save if you got spotted.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope noone actually does that on their first playthrough, in any MGS. Hiding from enemies that are actively searching for you is like 50% of stealth gameplay.

That's also why the mission structure that was introduced with PW is so great. You can just repeat parts you didnt get perfectly the first time. The worst part about doing no alert runs in the older games is having to save every area and then reloading the save if you got spotted.

You'd be surprised. I've seen tons of GZ streams and most people when they get spotted or fuck up they just restart the fucking mission, it's so lame.

For my first playthrough i will not follow any rule, i'll just go with the flow, whatever happens happens.

Same here.The only exception is if I would try to get an S Rank when replaying a mission.

Loakum

Banned
vOPI9NT.png

What the heck's been going on around here? I leave for a couple of days, when I return it's looking like a Jim Jones picnic, all up in this bitch!

brau

yup i am just going to play tpp normally the first time. if i need to kill. i will kill.

This is one of the first MGS where i don't mind going from stealth to gunning.

The transition is so seamless, that its never a big deal. I used to always go for 100% stealth, but here getting caught just makes things more interesting.

I'm gonna go for stealth, but redo missions with killing for funsies because clearing out Camp Omega by killing everyone turned out to be really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom