• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

METAL GEAR - PRODUCTION HOTLINE video in Japanese (MGS3 remake and Master Collection patch details)

VulcanRaven

This was just uploaded:

Looks like they might be doing something about the low resolution. They mention upscaling:
cEVOusm.jpeg

There is also a question about Master Collection Vol 2 around 16:05 but sadly there is no translation yet. Does anyone here know Japanese? :)

They talk about the MGS3 remake near end of the video and there is a press start screen.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

This Twitter account is posting details:

"The titles and release date of Master Collection Vol.2 have not yet been decided, so please wait a little longer."

"In response to the question: Are you making a new Metal Gear Solid (not the remake Δ), or do you have any plans to make one?

Okamura says, ``First of all, we'll make Delta properly, and then we'll get feedback from users who say, ``Maybe we should make the next remake,'' or ``Maybe (with this team) it might be ok to make a new game.'' "

Last edited:
I don't see a new Metal Gear being worth making. There's nowhere left to go with the plot. The only exception would be a major prequel surrounding the Boss and I just find that boring and a way to ruin the mystery surrounding her backstory. Remakes are the only semi plausible avenue to do going forward and I'm extremely hesitant to believe they can deliver something that truly respects the original works and just improves on them with a modern flair for technology improvements. We'll see how Delta goes.

VulcanRaven

I don't see a new Metal Gear being worth making. There's nowhere left to go with the plot. The only exception would be a major prequel surrounding the Boss and I just find that boring and a way to ruin the mystery surrounding her backstory. Remakes are the only semi plausible avenue to do going forward and I'm extremely hesitant to believe they can deliver something that truly respects the original works and just improves on them with a modern flair for technology improvements. We'll see how Delta goes.
I think MGS6 should be remakes of the 2D games. That would be basically like a new game but it would be based on something at least.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Just reboot Metal Gear and don't make it so convoluted. Create a new character (you can even use the Snake moniker if you'd like), but let's go somewhere new with it. The reboot should be in its own universe, meaning it has no connection to the previous games whatsoever. Then build it up with an entirely new (and more modern) plot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not getting it until its cheaper and polished.
I picked up a PS5 disc copy for $20. I'm not planning on playing it until it's got a few more patches, but I figured it's unlikely to drop below $20 any time soon.

I think MGS6 should be remakes of the 2D games. That would be basically like a new game but it would be based on something at least.
I say MGS6 should be a remake of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, written by david hayter (he’ll do it justice) and with young solid snake voiced by hayter, big boss voiced by keifer sutherland, and some hell divers 2 like outerhaven mp

Hugare

- "What do we have for this presentation?"
- "Huh, a main menu screen and uh ... yeah, thats it"

They dont even know yet what games to include on the Master Collection V2. Wtf? How that hasnt been decided yet?

Kerotan

A modern remake of the 2 MSX game's from 1987 is what's needed. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If you think MGS collection is bad go look at Capcoms dog shit DMC collection. They left it in a crap state lol.

At least this is getting some work done to it. Plus, on steam deck, it’s the best way to play it.

My most played and enjoyed title on steam deck has been MGS 2.

proandrad

Unless they fix the mgs1 texture wobble or rewrite the entire game engine to be 60fps. Emulation on duckstation will continue to be the definitive version of mgs.

VulcanRaven

"It is necessary to release a modern-style Metal Gear for today's game users, rather than the Master Collection, but MGS should remain MGS, so we will change the graphics and operability, but leave the other scenarios, sounds, and game design unchanged. It seems that MGSΔ is the result of wanting to create something that you can remake and play from here"

"Regarding the question: Are the original staff involved in MGSΔ?

Not all of them, but many of them are still involved. Some people are walking a new path

The number of people who don't know about MGS is increasing, so I want to do something about this situation, and I think it's our mission for those of us who remain at Konami to preserve Metal Gear for future generations."

Last edited:

Killer8

They should use FSR2 for the resolution bump. It shouldn't break the original effects since you'd just be feeding it the same 720p data and letting it spit out a higher res image.

Roni

Gold Member
I'm hoping to replay MGS1-3 once the fixes are all done. If they get this right, I might even get hype for the Vol. 2 after the inevitable patches drop.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I'm hoping to replay MGS1-3 once the fixes are all done. If they get this right, I might even get hype for the Vol. 2 after the inevitable patches drop.
I think they are in pretty good shape now. A new patch was just released on PS5/4. Low resolution is the only big problem.

Last edited:

Hudo

Well, at the very fucking least they seem to be trying to fix it. Which is something I wouldn't have expected Konami to do, tbh.

That being said, why not make sure the games are good at launch?

Last edited:
Top Bottom