• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Jetstream DLC |OT| Show Me A Good Time, Platinum

RangerBAD

Why is everyone assuming Sam is a copy and paste of Raiden? I mean it's obvious they reused a level, but that's about all we can tell.

Why is everyone assuming Sam is a copy and paste of Raiden? I mean it's obvious they reused a level, but that's about all we can tell.

We're not sure about how he plays, but him sharing the same zandatsu and blade mode mechanics are what's worrying people.

I think he's play adequately differently, personally.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
We're not sure about how he plays, but him sharing the same zandatsu and blade mode mechanics are what's worrying people.

I think he's play adequately differently, personally.

Yeah

The only thing suggesting that he plays differently is the "Quick Draw" achievement.

Would suck if that was just what they were calling Sam's Zandatsu. lol

ZeroRay

Will buy with money. (okay, credit whatever)

Yes, I'm very aware this is probably just a reskinned chapter 4.

Hypron

What it's already out tomorrow? Damn I need to buy some microsoft points asap.

Yeah

The only thing suggesting that he plays differently is the "Quick Draw" achievement.

Well he should have a different set of combos at least. I wonder if we're only going to be able to use the moves he uses during his bossfight or whether there'll be some more of them.

Arozay

There will be bought.

I still have to get the DLC VR missions too, that sub-weapon mission is the only thing stopping my platinum so I'll revisit it when I get dis.

Astral

I had assumed the Sam and Wolf DLC were together. I guess we have to wait a bit longer to play as Wolf.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well he should have a different set of combos at least. I wonder if we're only going to be able to use the moves he uses during his bossfight or whether there'll be some more of them.

Yeah but combos are pretty useless/pointless in this game and are all more or less the same even among Raiden's moveset

So that won't mean much to how must people play the game I think

RangerBAD

Yeah

To me it looks like he does the zandatsu with his sword and it gets absorbed there. Maybe his Ripper mode will be him setting his sword on fire. <.<

Bedlam

As much as I want to support Platinum, recycled levels AND bosses is a big no-go for me. Sorry, guys. Maybe later on for half the price.

Gbraga

I went RULES OF NATURE when I saw the release date.

0DMYRxn.gif

I have to admit that I was on the fence about the DLC despite really liking Rising, but now I'm really excited. Sam looks like he's insanely fun to play.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
AU PSN come onnnnnnnnn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
His spine grab animation is boss.

I'll wait a bit on this, though. Dislike how much it seems to be reusing from the game, but I'm atleast glad he seems to play fairly different.

Tookay

I figured they were going to lazily make him play like Raiden, but he seems a little more unique than I was expecting. Good.

This is out tomorrow?I'm still waiting for psn to give me my $$ from the march deal so I could use it on this.

It wouldn't be Metal Gear Rising if Sam couldn't use blade mode, but did they really have to give him a zan datsu
When it serves no purpose to him since he barely had any cybernetics
though I'm sure they'll explain it candidly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, wow, that looks amazing.

I really gotta finish the DLC VR, VR missions, and S-rank Revengence as well. :/

You people had me scared for a second that he'd have the same attacks as Raiden... thank god for that trailer. Getting my Vergil fix soon.....

Top Bottom