• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Post-MGS4, Mr Dec 13) [Kamiya NOT Director, New Info]

Well, it's not like they were going to namedrop Kamiya in the show. He's (sadly) not a celebrity developer so opening/concluding the trailer with "directed by Hideki Kamiya" would've gotten blank stares from everyone.

They could have gone with "from the director of Devil May Cry, Okami and Bayonetta", I suppose... nevertheless, TTP's source explicitly pointed at Kamiya directing so I have faith. And if he's not directing it means he's working on something else, which is also exciting! Ah! This is a dream. <3

GQman2121

Banned
MGRising.gif

duckroll

I'm going to say it looks obvious that they're not naming a director because they want to extend the "announcement" of the game and slowly unveil information. Kamiya is the director and it will be a big "reveal" later on.

Zen

Banned
No More Heroes x Metal Gear Solid

Best MGS since MGS! Bring it! I even hate that character but this looks sweet.

Although, yeah, there's already a thread for this particular video, that the source wasn't GT at that point doesn't make it new...

But since all the links in the OP there were killed and nobody bothered to update it I guess it's up to the mods which to keep this time.

As an MGS game this looks fucking pathetic.
There might be some redeeming qualities if it really in Platinum games doing 'No More Heroes' with a Metal Gear Skin, but still, SMH. You'd figure that, visually, it would at least adhere to the quality of the original reveal. I can't see an MGS themed No More Heroes being as good as No More Heroes, though.

Oops. Thought I had my first big time GAF scoop.

It really doesn't though. It flies in the face of the established tone and reality of the universe.

It's more like a characters fever dream after licking the back of a toad.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
As an MGS game this looks fucking pathetic.
As a Platinum game it's meh.
There might be some redeeming qualities if it really in Platinum games doing 'No More Heroes' with a Metal Gear Skin, but still, SMH.
As an MG game it looks like the best yet!
As a Platinum game it's bound to be sweet!
There's probably much more awesome where all that already-awesome came from! Believe!

I have no clue why you had to quote my post for that reply either. Just say your opinion, why direct it to me as if it's a counter-argument?

I'm going to say it looks obvious that they're not naming a director because they want to extend the "announcement" of the game and slowly unveil information. Kamiya is the director and it will be a big "reveal" later on.

Could be, but I'd wait to see if he's evasive about it on Twitter in a couple of hours when he wakes up and then you'll pretty much know.

DXPett1

However, after Platinum Games came on board, the story was changed to take place several years after METAL GEAR SOLID 4 to give them more of an opportunity to show off what they can bring to the series. Cyborgs are spreading at a rapid pace in the game&#8217;s world, resulting in earth-shattering superhuman action at every turn!

The main character, Raiden, was once feared as the child soldier "Jack the Ripper" on the front lines of the First Liberian Civil War. Now, his combat mastery is channeled through a cyborg body as the strikes from his high-frequency blade slice even massive assault drones in two. Raiden is contracted for VIP protection, military training and other duties by PMSCs (Private Military and Security Companies) in a developing country piecing itself back together after a bloody civil war. Little does he know that the stage is set for a clash with an enigmatic force of countless cyborgs.
Reborn at the hands of Platinum Games, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE pits cyborg against cyborg in battle that blazes past every human limit!

Interesting. The trailer was too cheesy for me but I am certainly interested after reading the above.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've actually just started playing through Bayonetta just now and I'm really pleased with the combat in that game. Story/story telling is a fucking joke but hey, game plays awesome. I have high hopes for Rising.

jackdoe

But seriously, reading their plot description, I REALLY want them to reboot the franchise with the next MGS. This is like reinforcing a wall that you wrote yourself into.

jett

D-Member
Man this game doesn't look any better in HD. In a perfect world Koji Pro would've handled the technical part and PG the gameplay stuff.

sn00zer

Its a sequel to MGS4!!!!!!
However, after Platinum Games came on board, the story was changed to take place several years after METAL GEAR SOLID 4 to give them more of an opportunity to show off what they can bring to the series. Cyborgs are spreading at a rapid pace in the game’s world, resulting in earth-shattering superhuman action at every turn!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else getting Metal Wolf Chaos vibes? One of those R's should have been Richard.

sigh. why the fuck did i try to make sense of that trailer? the fight scene on the train:

why is raiden running at hyperspeed to "catch up" to the guy, when jumping on the wall in the first place wouldve taken him past the guy in seconds? who thought of that shit?

soultron

Banned
I would've preferred a melodramatic accoustic/piano song with slow motion visuals over the death-metal-one-liner MINDFUCK that was this trailer.

Having said that, kudos for showing gameplay. Very few of the trailers at the VGA had actual gameplay in them.

jett

D-Member

you think so? I think it's more of a case of this being a frankenproject with a million hands on it trying to desperately release something out to the world.

Kamiya is too good to be associated with this thing.

daffy

Banned
Really duckroll? There's no mention of any lead director, much less kamiya. Maybe reign it back abit, unless you know something here..

Who is Etsu Tamari? It says his/her only credit is the database for MGS4..?

Top Bottom