• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolf

Banned
Johnny likely
skipped out on any gene therapy the other Genome soldiers partook in.

Snake cuts his hair in the MGS1 briefing.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
U K Narayan said:
I'm just kind of irritated that people are making outrageous claims while they're on a post-game high. Not trying to be a douchebag, sorry. ;)
we're not all so naive :|

And it's hardly an outrageous claim but i hear ya.

TheWolf said:
Johnny likely

That can't be true. He still looks like Snake. Like a pre-MGS snake. He clearly has the genes. It's just a case of how they were applied to him.

And also, I am aware of snake having long hair in the briefing, since he never bothered cutting it in the 6 years hes been in Alaska..

TheWolf said:
Johnny likely

He says he did in a cutscene, so yeah.

And, is that breifing in twin Snakes? Its such a stupid minor thing, but im actually really curious about it...

U K Narayan said:
Yeah. I have no idea where people pulled that. Especially when nothing has implied that anyone has dyed their hair.
In the mission briefing from the PSX version of MGS1, Snake has a hair style very similar to Liquid's.

Edit: Beaten.

Gamer @ Heart said:
He says he did in a cutscene, so yeah.
I thought he only skipped out on the nanomachine injections? The gene therapy thing is definitely up for discussion.

I won't deny that he does look like Snake, though.

archnemesis said:
In the mission briefing from the PSX version of MGS1, Snake has a hair style very similar to Liquid's.

Edit: Beaten.
Hair style, yes. But hair color? I don't think so.

TheWolf said:
Johnny likely

Snake did cut his hair in the MGS1 briefing. However, the briefing was in black and white or whatever, so I think people are mistaking that with him having blonde hair.

OK.. I AM CONFUSED O_O

vamg_snakemullet.jpg

Gorechylde said:
Snake did cut his hair in the MGS1 briefing. However, the briefing was in black and white or whatever, so I think people are mistaking that with him having blonde hair.

This must be it. I refuse to believe otherwise.

snake.jpg

If the hair is brighter than the skin, it's pretty understandable why some people thinks he's blonde. Of course it could be the lighting or a side effect of being in black and white.

TheWolf

Banned
i wouldn't base stuff of old MGS1 art. when they redid the portraits for the Subsistence versions of MG1 and MG2 they used dark hair. only thing we know for sure is that he CUTS his hair at the end of the mgs1 briefing so he isn't mistaken for Liquid.

Johnny does look like Snake,
which is probably one reason Meryl is into him. if he skipped out on needles, he probably skipped out on gene therapy. if he did have the genes, he'd be breaking down like the other genome soldiers since one of the main reasons Liquid wanted Big Boss' remains was to help fix them. he was also able to skip imprisonment and join Olga's group in MGS2, so i'm sure he could avoid the gene therapy.

dabookerman said:
So who was the standard Shinkawa Snake based on?
I really don't know. Maybe they just reinvented him without reference?

Gamer @ Heart said:
When will the OST that came with the limited edition be available for purchase seperately?
Well, the original soundtrack has been out for awhile. You can always get that. I would recommend it, because - as far as I know, the Limited Edition soundtrack doesn't have anything exclusive.

Gamer @ Heart said:
When will the OST that came with the limited edition be available for purchase seperately?

The OST in the LE was just HGW tracks and the Ennio Morricone song from the full OST that was released in Japan. So to answer your question, the Japanese one has the full 47 tracks, including the one from the LE.

Yasser

Gamer @ Heart said:
eh you might be better off getting the normal soundtrack, the one that comes with the LE only has 17 tracks out of 40+

U K Narayan said:
I really don't know. Maybe they just reinvented him without reference?

Maybe. I know I saw early concept sketches of Snake, and he looked pretty lame. He was modelled more off the Gibson snake with shitty bandana and everything.

dabookerman said:
Check Amazon.co.uk.

I got mine from there, for £12

Limited Edition with Lithograph etc.
The one with the sweet silver Snake cover? I can only find the one with the same cover as the game in shops and online from UK stores.

Wrestlemania said:
The one with the sweet silver Snake cover? I can only find the one with the same cover as the game in shops and online from UK stores.
Sold out it seems. A few market place sellers had it. Sorry mate.

Greg

Still playing through the game since launch (work has been busy...) but after being completely blown away by acts 1-3, act 4 is fucking horrible so far. It starts off well, but up to the point where I'm at
(about 10 minutes past the BB fight
) it's so fucking boring.

It's like they sacrificed gameplay in order to create all those flashbacks/memeories...

dabookerman said:
The OST in the LE was just HGW tracks and the Ennio Morricone song from the full OST that was released in Japan. So to answer your question, the Japanese one has the full 47 tracks, including the one from the LE.

Do you mean the 20th anniversery collection?

Greg said:
Still playing through the game since launch (work has been busy...) but after being completely blown away by acts 1-3, act 4 is fucking horrible so far. It starts off well, but up to the point where I'm at
(about 10 minutes past the BB fight
) it's so fucking boring.

It's like they sacrificed gameplay in order to create all those flashbacks/memeories...

They did.

If it werent for the awesome and powerful last couple of "controlable" parts in act 5, the game would have ended quite poorly gameplaywise IMO.

Act 5 stuff, no story details.

I desperately need some VR missions for this, or maybe something like the infinity missions from Portable Ops. As much as I love the game, it really felt like the core mechanics of the game were wasted on it a bit and they deserve to be put to more use.

jjasper

dabookerman said:
And also, I am aware of snake having long hair in the briefing, since he never bothered cutting it in the 6 years hes been in Alaska..

He cuts it. Unless he grows a mullet naturally (which would be awesome)

Gamer @ Heart said:
Any word of the 17 tracks that came with the limited edition at least being released by itunes or something?

I would assume considering Apple's heavy presence in the game.

Kydd BlaZe

Fuck! arghleflabblebabble!!

I just took the plunge and ordered a PS3 from amazon a few moments ago. As a die hard 360 fan, it was incredibly tough for me to do, lol. Giving up $475 (PS3 & MGS4), was very difficult. I had been thinking about doing it all last month, though. Finally got around to doing it. This fucking thread brain washed me :lol

MGS4 better rock my socks!

Farnack

Banned
So I compiled a list of weapons that I have so far and added ones I know I will get, but I'm missing one.

There's 69 weapons for that emblem and I want to get it when I earn the Big Boss Emblem.

Here's the list. See if you can spot the missing weapon... because if it's one I have to pick up, then I should get it.

Stun Knife
Mk. 2 Pistol
Operator
GSR
Five Seven
PMM
PSS
G18C
Race Gun
(Beat game once)
D.E.
Solar Gun
(Tranq beat all bosses and get their figurines)
P90
M10
MP7
VZ.83
Bizon
MP5SD2
AK102
M4 Custom
MK.17
G3A3
Fal Carbine
AN94
XM8
Tanegashima
HK21E
M60E4
PKM
Mk. 46 Mod1
Twin Barrel
M870 Custom
Saiga12
M14EBR
DSR-1
SVD
VSS
Mosin-Nagant
M82A2
Rail Gun
(Beat Crying Wolf)
XM25
MGL-140
(Beat Raging Raven)
RPG-7
M72A3
Javelin
FIM-92A
Grenade
Petro Bomb
WP G.
Stun G.
Chaff G.
Smoke G.
Smoke G. (Y)
(All new smoke nades)
Smoke G. (R)
(Available after beating game once)
Smoke G. (B)
(From Drebin)
Smoke G. (G)
Magazine
Claymore
S.G.Mine
C4
S.G.Satchel
Playboy
Emotion Mag
Mantis Doll
(Take from Screaming Mantis)
Sorrow Doll
(Take from Screaming Mantis)

Patriot (Earn Big Boss Emblem)
Thor 45-70 (Earn Foxhound Emblem)
D.E. Long Barrel (Earn Fox Emblem)
World War 1 Pistol (Earn Hound Emblem)

Gremmie4

Has somebody here imported the soundtrack from play-asia to the States? I live in Ohio and I'm curious how much the shipping costs would be. The price is already $29, and if shipping isn't too much I might bite the bullet and buy it since I really want it. I wish KojiPro, or whoever is responsible for the soundtrack, would release it in the US so I wouldn't have to worry about this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom