• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

sibarraz

Banned
Anyone has that image which showed how were the MGS related discusions on the internet, before and after rising, and after the phantom pain?

That one where only appears images of sundowner and chavo del ocho

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is it worth taking down the communication satellite in MGSV, and is there a way to do it quickly ( not using explosives).

Well if I remember correctly you have to take down three satellites in an area for it to do anything.

And from my experience the game is pretty easy to go full combat if you need to so your mileage may vary but you can just shoot everyone.

Anyone has that image which showed how were the MGS related discusions on the internet, before and after rising, and after the phantom pain?

That one where only appears images of sundowner and chavo del ocho
5662845+_e5d1655e7f51dd14199d650fc9932362.jpg

Can't find after TPP
Almost 4 hours. lol
Guess I can't judge it without watching the whole thing though right? No way im wasting 4 hours tho

EDIT: Just watched some of it. Gotta give them credit at the very least to the amount of work and thought put into the video. Some convincing stuff too tbh.

Kindekuma

Banned
i guess its up to me to bring this thread back to life

again

Posting in the main Metal Gear OT...should be the perfect warm up.

None of pre-MGSV posters returned, and they were good. All was left was their username...and disappointment.

Now go! Let the OT come back to life!

Sub_Level

Why do some people say the Geist from mgsv is equivalent to the Socom/USP?

The Socom/USP are not 9mm lol. The Geist is more like a Glock.

Kindekuma

Banned
I had the ultimate slowpoke moment for me today: In MGS3 EVA calls Snake asking if he's ever sniped in a forest environment before. He says no but affirms he has experience in urban and marine environments. It's a meta reference to the player with urban sniping being against sniper wolf in MGS1 when you first get the PSG1 and the marine environment being in MGS2 on the Big Shell guarding EE.

Sub_Level

Yeah. There is a similar reference at the start where the Boss says that Snake has infiltrated urban areas before.

Sub_Level

Before V came out, I was thinking of listening to the tapes during gameplay. But it is incredible how often Miller just ends up talkin over them lol

Was watching the SuperBunnyHop review of MGS3 and he goes into detail about sneaking track and then credits Harry Gregson Williams with it, but I'm pretty sure Norihiko Hibino is responsible for all the gameplay tracks while HGW did all the cutscene tracks right? With exception of the Groznj Grad escape music.

Sub_Level

Was watching the SuperBunnyHop review of MGS3 and he goes into detail about sneaking track and then credits Harry Gregson Williams with it, but I'm pretty sure Norihiko Hibino is responsible for all the gameplay tracks while HGW did all the cutscene tracks right? With exception of the Groznj Grad escape music.

Correct. Maybe Harry did a few more tracks but it was largely Hibino. Hibino also did the amazing MGS2 ost.

However he also did the shitty techno Twin Snakes boss fight music so lol

Celegus

Been searching online for a while now and I still can't find an explanation for this if anyone can shed some truth... why does Solidus have a horn similar to Venom? Is there any significance or was it ever explained? It's not as big as Venom's, but there's clearly something there. It even shows the spot where it was in MGS4.

Celegus

My wife noticed it when we were watching this video. That dark shape on his forehead really doesn't look like a piece of hair to either of us. It seems consistent in all the scenes he was in, at the end as well. Or is it really just weird hair?

And the placement of it above his right eye matches the white spot in MGS4 (kind of like the fragments in the xray at the beginning of TPP):
Maybe it's completely off-base, but when she pointed it out I keep seeing it too.

My wife noticed it when we were watching this video. That dark shape on his forehead really doesn't look like a piece of hair to either of us. It seems consistent in all the scenes he was in, at the end as well. Or is it really just weird hair?

And the placement of it above his right eye matches the white spot in MGS4 (kind of like the fragments in the xray at the beginning of TPP):

Maybe it's completely off-base, but when she pointed it out I keep seeing it too.

that is 100% hair. video game hair looked awkward like that back then, they are going for a sort of superman curl-ish look in the front.

Roni

Gold Member
Guys, I don't know if this is particularly allowed or not, but I wanted to share it with you...

After over 350 hours of gameplay, I was getting kinda bored playing the singleplayer portion of the game. I gave the multiplayer a try, but cheaters are plaguing my servers already. I gave up on it and went back to singleplayer, but I still wanted the social aspect that comes with comparing your scores, sharing your achievements and etc.

I had this idea cooking up in my head for a while, of a game configuration that would make me feel like in the early days of the game, when I was forced to improvise and make do with what little I had available to me. Of a time when I fully respected the game and the enemies. When I didn't worry about excelling, but simply succeeding. One evening, I sat down and wrote the Jarhead Challenge in a Steam guide, as I'm primarily a PC gamer. Given the feedback I got, I thought about sharing it with you guys. You can access the guide for the Jarhead Challenge here.

If you enjoy MGSV's core gameplay, but your interest in the game has dissipated or waned over time, I'd encourage you to take a look.

Sub_Level

Yeah Hjunklay I have seen that challenge mentioned on other forums/chats.

I don't quite do it that way but close enough
- Pump-action shotgun
- Silenced lethal pistol
- C4, Smoke Grenades, EMP Mines, Cardboard box
- Horse, sometimes jeep
- Parachutes, not wormhole
- No Reflex, but I left markers on
- ASAP deployment

It really makes the levels more fun on one hand. On the other hand some levels still feel pretty barren and lifeless, like the research lab where Huey is and I just end up crawling to avoid detection in wide open spaces. You can easily cheapen the difficulty just by crawling in so many cases lol the guards can be quite blind.

I think the gameplay works best in dense areas with lots of nooks and crannies.

Roni

Gold Member
Yeah Hjunklay I have seen that challenge mentioned on other forums/chats.

I don't quite do it that way but close enough
- Pump-action shotgun
- Silenced lethal pistol
- C4, Smoke Grenades, EMP Mines, Cardboard box
- Horse, sometimes jeep
- Parachutes, not wormhole
- No Reflex, but I left markers on
- ASAP deployment

It really makes the levels more fun on one hand. On the other hand some levels still feel pretty barren and lifeless, like the research lab where Huey is and I just end up crawling to avoid detection in wide open spaces. You can easily cheapen the difficulty just by crawling in so many cases lol the guards can be quite blind.

I think the gameplay works best in dense areas with lots of nooks and crannies.

Crawling has always been the go to stance when you need to cross open areas without being seen. You're right in that it can feel like a cheat sometimes, but I think the detection range for crouching and standing are pretty tough. Guards will come looking if you crouch within a pretty decent distance. I end up buying into the fiction anyway...

But I do like tight spaces, the one thing I think the game lacks is a bigger area (perhaps an entire region) like Lufwa Valley or perhaps an underground facility were it's all urban spaces. Give the Extreme version a try, some time, I'd love to see your play style.

I feel somewhat bad for not playing the multiplayer for more then a week or 2, they seem to put quite a bit of effort into it lol (although it still doesn't seem that great watching some gameplay vids), then again remembering what Konami did too Kojima I couldn't care less.

So MGO DLC and patch coming out tomorrow... Anyone gonna get it?

i was considering it, since i really don't have much to play until DS3 drops. but (a) fuck konami, and (b) i fired up MGO for the first time in forever yesterday and it really does suck. so disappointed in how arcadey and shootery it is. most of what makes the single player gameplay so great is lost in the translation

Mexen

"Local Man Played Like Damn Fiddle" LOOOOOL

Why are we always a member short at any given time. Kinde banned? What the hell happened here?

Jindrax

Oi OuterGAF members, we a got a sick telegram chat going on that's active everyday and has created many longing friendships! (besides with Dawg, fuck that guy).

PM me if you want an invite

Top Bottom