• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 coming to NintendoSwitch on 24/10 | Nintendo Direct

SCB3

More unpopular Metal Gear Opinions, Survive isn't as bad as it is made out to be. It's far from great and maybe I just loved being in that game engine, but I finished the campaign and had a good enough time to sink those hours in. I can't imagine it will find its' way into the collections. I have my doubts about Rising, Twin Snakes, Portable Ops/Plus as well. Ghost Babel would be amazing though.

I do wonder how the games playable on modern systems (PS4/PS5: GZ, MGS5, Survive - Xbox: GZ, MGS5, Survive, MGS2, MGS3, Peace Walker, Rising) will be delivered in these packages.
I share that sentiment about survive, it’s not a bad game all told, but coming off the Kojima firing left a sour taste and any mg game was gonna get that hate

AREYOUOKAY?

Big yikes, Konami! Wanted to buy this on cart day one for the Switch but I guess I'll pass on it now. Will wait till the collection inevitably gets dropped into PS+ or GP.

20230621_204944.jpg
A dumb monkey paw for sure but it still will be worth it to finally have Metal Gear Solid 1 without annoying portable controls like on the Vita. Buying a hand grip shell with L2 and R2 was a must have unless you enjoyed fighting with the back touch screen for those buttons.

SCB3

Would be wild if the Acid spin offs and Ghost Babel gets ported. The metal gear acid games and Ghost aren’t canon though and I don’t think Kojima was directly involved in them but I will say the acid games were some really fun SRPG’s that utilized cards.
Snakes Revenge isn't canon either, hell we're not sure if Rising is

RaduN

Still missing the gorgeous post processing effects from original ps2 i see. So it's a straight port from the old ps3 HD release, that had the exact same issues. Fucking lazy cunts.
Thank God for emulation.

Ben87fr

Wait that's 60€ ? Yeah no i already have mgs2 and 3 on xbox i only need the first one but i doubt this will be available separatly, konami you fucks

Hardensoul

Is there physical version for Switch? I’m not talking about box with down load code.

Edit: Found Playasia link for Japan but is that downloading all the games or the extra features only.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I hope they fix the issues the old HD versions had. These always bothered me:

-Low quality splitter face paint in MGS3. It was the only one with the old PS2 texture. Just compare the beard to any other face paint.
-Out of sync intro in MGS3

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
This is modern Konami we're dealing with, not top 3 Konami we used to love. Parting with any money without knowing what's going on in these Master Collection versions is not something I recommend.

Give me that change list.

VulcanRaven

So... the versions included are NOT Substance and Subsistence?

Also, no Skateboard Snake?
Its safe to assume that they are exactly the same as the old HD versions. They were basically Substance/Subsistence versions but some content was taken out like skateboarding in MGS2 and Snake's dream, Snake vs Monkey and Online in MGS3.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I wonder what they do with Otacon's PS1 console in MGS1 on Xbox and Switch? Maybe they should replace it with the OG Xbox and GameCube. That was done in The Twin Snakes. The game is set in 2005.

Last edited:
Top Bottom