• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Movie Announced

Please don't suck....

I can't stomach another video game adaptation failure.

pepto-bismol_12002_5_big_.jpg

I've got extra on stand by if you need it.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst

Angry Fork

Bioshock by the Pirates of the carribean guy was and still remains the only potential great video game movie. It's a shame it won't come to light but 200 million$ on a battleship movie? WHY NOT.

i dunno, but a lot of privacy laws will be broken. lol

Rofl...

Psycho Mantis just looks at us and says "So... [Name of random person in the audience], you've been cheating on your wife yeah?"

Something like that.... I dunno but that would be fucking awesome.

Rofl...

Psycho Mantis just looks at us and says "So... [Name of random person in the audience], you've been cheating on your wife yeah?"

Something like that.... I dunno but that would be fucking awesome.

If Psycho Mantis can tell me what Sony/Columbia movies I've seen in the last 6 months, that will be worth the price of admission.

Solid Snake - If they cast Kurt Russel or Michael Beihn (Reese in Terminator 1) Konami would have to admit they stole their likeness for MG1 and MG2:SS.
Col. Campbell - See above. Either splice Richard Crenna's character from Rambo in or make him CG. He's dead and Konami has been stealing his likeness for 25 years now without getting sued.
Big Boss/Solidus: Sean Connery...oh wait.

MGS3 is the best game and story in the series, the Boss/Big Boss story is decent and self-contained enough to possibly be covered in a 90 minute movie. With a few re-writes, the characters of Snake and Boss could be expanded on further, giving the actors something to get their teeth into.

It would be a better start to a film franchise than fighting a series of successive bosses and your own evil twin brother, or fighting a fatman on roller skates on an oil rig. No disrespect to MGS1 or 2 there, I like them too, but MGS3 is grounded enough to have the best chance in surviving a transition into a decent movie.

This as well. A huge chunk of Metal Gear lore had to be explained in MGS1 in the optional sub briefings in the begining that lasts like 40 minutes if you didn't play the original games. MG2:SS hadn't even been translated for the US back then until the extra disk in MGS3. I can't wait until the poor hollywood script writer hired by Columbia realizes major plot points like the the rise and fall of Big Boss and Grey Fox's origins are all backstory by the time MGS1 came out. Good luck explaining all the shit that happened for the audience before we see Snake land on Shadow Moses.

Endo Punk

Bale would make a great Snake. His already got the voice pretty much down and you just know he will fully absorb himself into the role.

Top Bottom