• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

n00bsauce

Banned
MGSV Conspiracy (Decoy Octopus)

Description
Decoy "OCTOPUS", seems fitting for the aquatic "Moby Dick" themed MGSV.

If you read about details on these leading events, the only "Specifics" are dated for April 1st, while the other "dodgy" details are post April 1st.

I forgot to add that Kiefer isn't credited for ground zeroes at all, only Ishmael in MGSV. (which could mean that ground zeroes is tantamount to the tanker chapter or something OR that Kiefer is sincerely NOT snake)

for those of you that don't know, calorie mate is an MGS item: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8D_l...

Also the appearance of 'the man on the horse' who to me is clearly ocelot, can by symbolic of captain boomer, Ahab encounters him at sea. Boomer has not only seen Moby Dick recently, but lost his arm to him in a previous attack. (as we know ocelot loses his arm to gray fox) Boomer is yet another representation of the duality to be found throughout the novel; in this instance, a sane and rational counterpart to Ahab. While Boomer also anthropomorphizes Moby Dick

This is my haphazardly thrown together knowledge of what's going on with MGSV and trust me there's more than what this video can offer. There's certainly a real conspiracy going on though, and it's up to us to decipher it! Combined we should be able to rationally get to the bottom of this 'no david hayter' nonsense! Spread my video and let's see what the internet thinks about it!

I know it's not 100% organized and kinda travels from one thought to the next, so if you have any questions or suggestions, please do so in the comments and help us start a friendly debate.

David Hayter may yet be the voice of Snake, Keifer may play as the decoy. You heard it here on NeoGAF. So when we get to the announcement on E3, I won't be surprised if David still turns out to be the official voice of snake.

Hey, so maybe I'm reading into this the wrong way, but I'm checking the TGS list of exhibitors, and I'm not seeing KJP or Konami on the list at all. What gives? Does this mean we probably won't see MGS V again until next year???

Some recent Kojima tweets.

So is this going to be middle east commentary? He's walking a fine line here. A fine line that won't make him leave the industry because no one in the industry cares enough to run him off. I mean just look at Levine with Infinite. A game that attempts to say something about race and then fucks it all up. Who am I kidding. The message will be "Perpetual violence and hatred sucks" Offending no sensible person and adding nothing new or interesting to the conversation.

That latter statement sounds... quite ambitious, to say the least. While I can respect Kojima's ability to make an entertaining if convoluted (and sometimes brilliant, i.e. MGS2) plot, I'm not so confident in his ability to make incisive social commentary. But I'll be happy if proven wrong.

Top Bottom