• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V announced (PS360, open world)

Loxley

By the way, just got the HD collection and I had a hard time playing MGS3 before. So I was wondering if there is a video somewhere that shows and explains tips on how to play it properly to get the most out of the game?

I don't know of any one single video, but this playthrough by Chip Cheezum and Ironicus is great. Chip knows the MGS series like the back of his hand and will often talk about obscure trivia about each of the MGS games while he plays through them, on top of explaining the game's mechanics. His LP's of the other entries in the franchise are great as well

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
By the way, just got the HD collection and I had a hard time playing MGS3 before. So I was wondering if there is a video somewhere that shows and explains tips on how to play it properly to get the most out of the game?

The game has tutorials in the options.

I don't know of any one single video, but this playthrough by Chip Cheezum and Ironicus is great. Chip knows the MGS series like the back of his hand and will often talk about obscure trivia about each of the MGS games while he plays through them, on top of explaining the game's mechanics. His LP's of the other entries in the franchise are great as well.

Those are pretty cool and it's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :D

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah I knew that but I needed to know how to approach certain situations like the flying soldiers in the marsh.

Shoot them in the head from afar. The guns in MGS3 are like unrealistic lasers. The dog ears line up perfectly with where your shot will end up.

Izick

So GAF thinks there's a good chance at a PC version for this game?

I would MELT.

I'd slap some plastic wrap or paper-towel on your floor then, because it's very likely since Kojima is targeting a multiplatform release due to the flexibility of Fox Engine.

Obviously can't say for sure, but I think the odds are in your favor.

Kai

So I have a few questions.

Keifer was announced as the voice of Snake - but in all trailers we have seen so far - Keifer's voice was appropriated to "Ishmeal". Does this confirm that the bandaged individual is snakes projection?

Also - the music in the trailer with lyrics like "Everything you know is a lie", the constant blue horizontal lines that flash across the screen throughout the hospital scenes (as if you were watching something through a "screen") and visions of past long dead MGS3 characters all imply that everything you are seeing is "fake" or staged. Does Ishmeal with "Snake's" voice play into that this is all a dream/VR/staged projection type scenario?

Izick

Obviously it's way too soon to say one way or another, but there's obviously a lot of things that are used as deception, and there are things that are just blatant curve-balls to throw the player off.

The biggest question right now has to do with the coma. Obviously, whenever a character "wakes up" from a coma in almost any medium, there is always that air of doubt that everything is either a lie, or that we're not seeing the whole picture.

RK9039

It's funny, all we've seen so far of the game is on PC. That's the trailer/gameplay demo at PAX, the trailer at the VGAs and the trailer/gameplay demo at GDC.

Believe.

Yeah it's obvious. Even at GDC, 'It's running on PC' with the 360 pad, and also 'where making it around a PC environment' which Kojima said in an interview. They usually don't say that sort of stuff.

And don't forget these:

j2ngnpfhfpwv.png

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-13-kojima-hiring-for-next-gen-mgs-series

Kojima Productions is hiring for "Next Generation Metal Gear Solid Series Production Staff".

The programming category asks for people with experience on "PC/PS3/Xbox360".

I think if it was up to Kojima the game would definitely come to PC. Since it's up to Konami, we can only hope!

Mr. RHC

One thing that keeps bugging me endlessely is the seperation of Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

If the translation is correct, it seems that he spoke of the titles as if they were two different games.

Of course, Geoff Keighley first asked whether or not David Hayter would be in TPP instead of Ground Zeroes.

Edit: By the way, KP Report is back, the newest session contains infos about the Pre-E3 show: http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2013/06/000271.html#more

One thing that keeps bugging me endlessely is the seperation of Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain?

If the translation is correct, it seems that he spoke of the titles as if they were two different games.

They are two different products, but the details aren't clear. GZ sounds like it may be a paid demo or similar.

CpmPanda

Neo Member
@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN @Kojima_Hideo May We Get ONE spoiler-Free Screenshot of the NEW MGSV Trailer? To Tide Fans over until Wednesday? #MgsGz

Paste that into your Twitter accounts peeps. This worked last year for 2 movies and 4 games and as far as I could tell 1 book. People wanted Sneak Peeks and couldn't wait so the creators responded. It's worth a try.

Gun Animal

@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN @Kojima_Hideo May We Get ONE spoiler-Free Screenshot of the NEW MGSV Trailer? To Tide Fans over until Wednesday? #MgsGz

Paste that into your Twitter accounts peeps. This worked last year for 2 movies and 4 games and as far as I could tell 1 book. People wanted Sneak Peeks and couldn't wait so the creators responded. It's worth a try.

yes i am down for this

CpmPanda

Neo Member
I tried all day getting his attention, was hoping when he landed in LA he'd be relaxing and go "Hmm not a bad idea" *Calls team for screenshot*

What the **** was I thinking? :p Excited for Wednesday though!

Batzi

Banned
Yeah, the HD Collection was released on both 360 and PS3.
Yea i knew it..:p i was just surprised that someone was actually playing a Metal Gear game on the Xbox xD

I tried all day getting his attention, was hoping when he landed in LA he'd be relaxing and go "Hmm not a bad idea" *Calls team for screenshot*

Well there is Monday to look forward to which can't seem to come any sooner. Kojima is going to show something there most probably a gameplay demonstration on the ps4

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

If the trailer is based on a next gen version there's no way we'll get a screen ahead of time.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Most of the demos shown-off were reported to be just a controller running off a PC, so it's likely we've been seeing next-gen/PC footage anyway.

They've been PC at "current gen settings" so they haven't looked as good as they can.

Gun Animal

Kojima is one of those Authers/Auters/Directors/Writers/Creators where not only will I check out whatever he produces, but I'll check out anything that he mentions or references to as a vague inspiration. Watched Escape From New York because of MGS1, read the whole New York Trilogy because of MGS2, watched literally every James Bond movie and every movie mentioned by Para-medic because of MGS3, the list goes on.

Well now, after having finished Moby Dick, obviously I'm watching 24 and holy shit! Kiefer was the perfect choice for Big Boss, especially at this point in BB's life. I've never been more pumped.

Batzi

Banned
I think he will be at Microsoft's conference rather than Sony's.

Wasn't he one of the developers in that video at the start of the Xbone reveal.
They needed someone from japan so they picked the best doesn't mean he is going to show up at Microsoft's press conference in fact latest rumours suggest that Sony is trying to acquire MGSV as a ps4 exclusive so you never know..

Top Bottom