• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V final box art (A Hideo Kojima Game/Kojima Productions removed)

Just a suggestion, everyone annoyed at this should print off the original sleeve, use that and post Konami the discarded sleeve with a note or something or maybe no note. They'll get the point either way.

You could then post pictures of your game with the original sleeve, hashtag it and @ it to Konami and Kojima.

Imagine meeting Kojima and having him sign the original sleeve.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
at least that one had the nuance of showing off that snakes an old man now,
this one is just completely plain, it doesn't even show the horn, the only actually interesting thing about his face.

but yeah, that is a close second that i had forgotten about.
You can see the horn. It's almost completely hidden though.

VARIA

What are the chances Konami will change/edit the work Kojima has done (gameplay/cinematics) before release?

Xeteh

I thought we got past this. After the initial Konami removing everything Kojima from it's marketing, I thought they were willing to concede it. I guess I was wrong. Either way, most people are going to know its a Kojima game. I hope.

Can't wait until ten years from now when the full story of whatever made this seem like a good idea comes to light. Maybe Kojima secretly bankrupted the company or sacrificed everyone in his building to some dark god or something... Something to make this seem justified rather than just petty and stupid...

Just a suggestion, everyone annoyed at this should print off the original sleeve, use that and post Konami the discarded sleeve with a note or something or maybe no note. They'll get the point either way.

You could then post pictures of your game with the original sleeve, hashtag it and @ it to Konami and Kojima.

Imagine meeting Kojima and having him sign the original sleeve.

Or you could do something Konami actually gives two shits about and just not buy the game...

Why the hell Konami still thinks they can get away with this shit after past months shitstorms? It doesn't make sense even if they are leaving the game industry as is just generating PR disasters.

Probably because they know people are so insanely hyped for it that there's no way the majority of the fan base would ever pass up playing it just to support its original creator. Seriously, the communities are exploding with people claiming they'll boycot it (for whatever good they think that will do) who are then just going to end up buying it anyway regardless.

In essence, because they CAN get away with it.

fedexpeon

Banned
Wonder if they removed "A Hideo Kojima game" from the game itself.

They have to right? "AHKG" is a brand/tag line.
Same with his studio name since it doesn't exist anymore.
How do you credit a studio without a name? They can only list Kojima and his devs under the generic production team/creative team sub-part of the credit.

dc89

I'm going to shop "a dc89 game" onto my cover and take all Kojima's credit!

ill print a cover with shinkawa artwork like erryone else.

Wanderer5

Or you could do something Konami actually gives two shits about and just not buy the game...

And then screw Kojima and his production team too as a result. It sucks to contribute to that company, but if they not going to honor Kojima and his crew's last game with them, then the fans should.

Soodanim

Well that's nice.

Won't we see some of the Fox
or xof
emblems in the game anyway? Unless Konami replaced the texture with their CEO's face.

dc89

cGGAT2p.jpg

Saw that on Blablurn's Twitter. I'm on mobile, I have no idea of the resolution but I want something like that.

I'm still fighting with myself..... should I buy it, or..... not.
I know Kojima said we should buy it. And I love Kojima and the MGS franchise, but.....

Looks like the "Benoit-zation" of Kojima is nearly complete, soon they will send a terminator to finish the job.

Seriously though, I really want to buy this game, but I really hate the idea of giving any sort of money to Konami...

dc89

Looks like the "Benoit-zation" of Kojima is nearly complete, soon they will send a terminator to finish the job.

Seriously though, I really want to buy this game, but I really hate the idea of giving any sort of money to Konami...

Buy it. Buy it for Kojima and Co.
Let Konami see the money roll in and when they release some sort of bastardised MGSVI and no one buys it they will be ashamed of their words and deeds.

Custom cover GAF will have it easy. Just remove Konami off the box. Throw Kojima all over that mug. Let GAF endorse it, then we send a big picture of showing our Kojima support.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I know Kojima said we should buy it. And I love Kojima and the MGS franchise, but.....

but what? think about it, all those people from Kojima Productions had to work every day under terrible conditions just to finish the game. Kojima could have said you know what fuck it, just release the game we're done but they didn't. Just going to work knowing you and many people of your team will lose their jobs after all this is over must have been a horrible feeling and all those years developing a brand new graphics engine was for nothing in the end. All those reasons plus crunch time must have been almost unbearable to work there.

There is not much we can do but the least is to buy this damn game and show some well earned respect to Kojima and his team.

You not buying the game isn't going to change that. The money is there. Buy it, play it, enjoy it like Kojima the team intended for you to.

Buy it. Buy it for Kojima and Co.
Let Konami see the money roll in and when they release some sort of bastardised MGSVI and no one buys it they will be ashamed of their words and deeds.

Genuine question. If MGS6 turns out to be really good, fun and a great Metal Gear experience. You still wouldn't buy it?

dc89

Genuine question. If MGS6 turns out to be really good, fun and a great Metal Gear experience. You still wouldn't buy it?

I would be very conflicted.

No one can predict what will happen, but I don't think MGS6 will be any of those. Not without Kojima.

Buy it, Play it. It's Kojima's Magnum opus for the Metal Gear series. Kojima wants people to experience the incredible amount of time and effort he and his team put into this game. Boycott Konami later, but enjoy the game. Hopefully (No doubt in my mind) it will be incredible, and we can all tell him and his team how much we loved the game and that we can't wait to see what's next for him. That's the best thing we can do.

Kane1345

Metal Gear Solid is my favourite game of all time. I can't wait to play MGSV
as soon as I can get my hands on a preowned copy, FUCK KONAMI

Buy it, Play it. It's Kojima's Magnum opus for the Metal Gear series. Kojima wants people to experience the incredible amount of time and effort he and his team put into this game. Boycott Konami later, but enjoy the game. Hopefully (No doubt in my mind) it will be incredible, and we can all tell him and his team how much we loved the game and that we can't wait to see what's next for him. That's the best thing we can do.

Don't forget after V never by another MGS game Konami put out.

glaurung

Konami being cunts, plain and simple.

Will be buying the game because I have enormous respect for Hideo-san. But my hopes for patches and updates to the game are pretty much zero. If there is something broken in that game, noone will be around to fix it.

Javier23

Banned
I would be very conflicted.

No one can predict what will happen, but I don't think MGS6 will be any of those. Not without Kojima.
Kojima MGS is done. And I'm OK with this. Kinda. I mean, we got a bunch of amazing games over the past two decades and we've had an end to the entire story for more than a few years. I'll be as receptive to MGS6 as I am to any other game. Kojima is not the only guy making great games (though he is one of the very few making some of my favorite). It would be silly to conclude already that an hypothetical new MGS coming to current-gen consoles and/or PC would be shit.

Probably just gonna get Mad Max. I want MGSV but...Konami.

I shudder to think about what will happen to all their great IP's.

They'll make a new Metal Gear and no matter the quality of it, the creatives behind it will be harassed and have a terrible next two years. No matter how good or bad a game they end up producing.

Top Bottom