• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Man, Gameplay-mechanics look really good and - especially - fun. But it seems way too easy.
You have plenty of time to knock the enemies out when they notice you, before they do anything.

I guess this can be changed with the difficulty level.

It looks pretty central to the game. The stuff you steal powers your economy, special abilities, equipment and research.

I imagine it's going to be like Paz Walker but taken to the next level.

StaSeb

Isnt this amazingly videogame-y? No stupid tier-1-operators, no script-sequences, a lot of silly things and lots of freedom. I love how this game seems to ignore a lot of the major gaming-trends and just does its own thing.

terrier

Yeah, some of the gameplay mechanics seem too silly for a game with such a serious tone. Don't know how to feel about it.

This. I enjoyed the fulton thing on PW, it was a not so serious MGS afterall, but some game play elements are looking really weird, something i do not like very much. We will see.

Isnt this amazingly videogame-y? No stupid tier-1-operators, no script-sequences, a lot of silly things and lots of freedom. I love how this game seems to ignore a lot of the major gaming-trends and just does its own thing.

Yeah I don't get the criticism of the silly mechanics, metal gear has always been silly.

Dipz

Banned
I can't believe Kojima actually went and made a real open world game with the meticulousness known to the Metal Gear series. I know this has been announced as an open world game but I didn't really believe it until now. This is awesome.

Thrakier

Gotdamn amazing mechanics. The range of motion and amount of options is fantastic. True stealth sandbox.

And that at 60FPS. It's a joke that people still claim we need 30FPS to achieve "cinematic quality" this gen. And it's a joke that there are devs whol still make 30FPS for this clientel.

All the nay-sayers will notice how great it'll play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom