• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | Review Thread | Words That Kill

3S7zt1G.gif

KorrZ

Sparse story from IGN and the impressions from Kotaku seem to confirm some of my fears :(

I just hope it tells the final piece of Big Boss' story is a satisfying way even if it's a bit short...

Magnalon

Neo Member
that sparse story checkdown tho

The way it's presented within this universe, it works. You're building the story yourself through Mother Base as Big Boss.

I liked how it didn't go into hour long expositions about nanomachines with hater. It gave it a different feel, even as a fan of said exposition.

I guess the sparse story might be due to...HOLY SHIT WE KNOW ALREAD/Y EVERYTHING ABOUT BIG BOSS? WHAT'S LEFT? NOTHING I TELL YOU!!

What did you expect?

Corpekata

Banned
Sparse story I can handle if it's like less ruminations on the nature of nuclear deterrence theory like in Peace Walker. That shit got repetitive fast. Or at least keep that sort of stuff in like optional tapes and whatnot.

Squishy3

Aren't they reviewing from what they played at the review event... which didn't have the ending? Unless that changed since I last heard.

Top Bottom